May 2012

• Please log in to reply
390 replies to this topic

#131 Akumal Bride

Akumal Bride
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Starfish0512 

Yey!!! Finally a date twin :) we also chose condos for our stay, just fits our needs perfectly!
    Congrats and welcome to the board, wealth of info here!!!!

Cool. I'm surprised more people here aren't getting married that day, since it's during Memorial Day weekend. I thought it would be a popular choice. But condos are totally the way to go for us. We love the flexibility they offer and we have so much more control over where our guests stay, rather than being spread around a big resort. 

#132 Akumal Bride

Akumal Bride
    • 29 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by TropicLover 

@Akumal Bride, boutique hotels are soooooooo nice!  You guys are going to have an awesome time!  I'm kind of curious if your guest list fill up the hotel?  That would pretty sweet to get the whole place to yourselves. 

Well, the location for our ceremony and reception has only four rooms (we're talking really boutique!) So, no, they don't have enough rooms for our quests, hence we'll be staying in several condo buildings nearby. We have the option to rent out the four rooms for the weekend so that the location is completely private, but at this point we aren't too worried about a handful of others being around. The place is on a really secluded stretch of beach, which has helped tamp down my fears of having a bunch of looky loos in their speedos gawking at the ceremony. I'm not overly concerned about wedding details, but that is the stuff of my nightmares...

#133 Futureride

Futureride
      • 41 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:45 PM

Well, ladies as of today I have 7 months to go. Not so long ago it seemed I had a long time. Now my time is very short.

Future Mrs. S. O'B

Sherrie O'Banner

#134 brendee2005

brendee2005
        • 456 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 06:06 PM

6 months and 3 wks! It's so close!

#135 kellygrrrl

kellygrrrl
          • 614 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:55 AM

brendee - we're date twins! and heck yay-eah to getting under the 7 month mark. I've been waiting FOREVER!! ; )

#136 MoBayBride2B

MoBayBride2B
            • 210 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:40 AM

I was worried about this as well but Amazon had 150 2-pack Ibuprofen packets for $13 so I took a chance--they don't expire until 2013 :) I also got pepto bismol tablets and they last past May as well.

Originally Posted by Sharon99 

Question to my fellow May brides...has anyone started buying for their OOT bags?

I have bought a few things (so far mini lint rollers, band aids, aloe, sunscreen) but I am wondering if it's too soon to buy the AdvilTylenol etc Thought, will that be expired by May 2012 and will the aloe bottles dry up by then?

Anyone else have these concerns? I was going to buy sanitizing hand gel from bath & body works but thought, is it too soon? I think I am panicking or trying to put off buying till later! lol

45 booked including Bride & Groom

#137 Sharon99

Sharon99
              • 1,301 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:44 AM

Thanks for the info! I will definitely check out Amazon...time to start buying!

Count down has started!

Originally Posted by MoBayBride2B 

I was worried about this as well but Amazon had 150 2-pack Ibuprofen packets for $13 so I took a chance--they don't expire until 2013 :) I also got pepto bismol tablets and they last past May as well.

#138 bpokatie

bpokatie
                • 45 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:40 AM

HI Futureride! I'm also getting married on May 12, 2012. The time is flying by very quick. 209 more days :)

Originally Posted by Futureride 

Well, ladies as of today I have 7 months to go. Not so long ago it seemed I had a long time. Now my time is very short.

#139 kellygrrrl

kellygrrrl
                  • 614 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:56 AM

hee, I even added a countdown timer to our website. just add 7 days!

HI Futureride! I'm also getting married on May 12, 2012. The time is flying by very quick. 209 more days :) 

#140 bpokatie

bpokatie
                    • 45 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 10:28 AM

I got a countdown timer for an engagement gift, and I just noticed it's not set on the wedding date. My fiance must have set it to the date we are arriving in Mexico. LOL.

Originally Posted by kellygrrrl 

hee, I even added a countdown timer to our website. just add 7 days!

http://jdandkellyswe...m/calendar.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users