Toronto Newbie!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 seattlebrew

• 34 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 05:53 PM

Hello Everyone,

I'm very excited to have found this forum!!  I'm feeling overwhelmed but optimistic about our destination wedding.  We just got engaged at Christmas, so it won't happen until spring 2012.  I still wanted to get the ball rolling!!  Jamaica seems to be our front runner.  Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated! 

#2 NurseM

• Site Supporter
    • 187 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:18 PM

Congrats!!! great website and forum to belong to, these brides are amazing!!!! If your wanting jamaica I would suggest Sandals Dunns River or Riu Ochos Rios or Sandals Ochos Rios. Sandals resorts are amazing, my opinion we stayed at one a couple of years ago and loved every minute of it and the weddings we saw were incredible

May 24, 2011 Dreams Cancun Bride & Groom + 35 booked and counting!

#3 Dmitri_Markine

• Vendor
      • 2,782 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:04 AM

Welcome to the forum! Lots of info on the forum on all the locations to make your planning easier!!

#4 Lua

• 1,231 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:33 AM

Congratulations! and Welcome to the forum!  I'm getting married at the Riu Negril in Jamaica!  Have heard great things and will let you know for sure in april when I get home! ;)

happy planning!

#5 Tennyt1

• 1,131 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 01:07 PM

Congrats and happy planning!! We are getting married at Sandals Grande Ocho Rios...I would be happy to answer any questions.  And there is a ton of information on this website.

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
            ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#6 Le Reve Hotel & Spa

Le Reve Hotel & Spa
            • Vendor
            • 323 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 07:53 AM

If by any chance try interesting Mexico try looking at this site http://www.rivieramaya.com/

Good Luck on your planning

#7 JayKay

• 3,472 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
              • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
              • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:19 PM

Congrats!  Good luck picking a destination.  That was our hardest part!!

#8 BeachBridein11

• 610 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:01 AM

Welcome and Congrats!!!  I'm a Jamaica bride myself and there are many wonderful resorts to choose from!  I'm working with destinationweddings.com for all my travel arrangements and they have been great!  To help narrow, I would focus on cost (of course!) and if it's adults only or need family friendly.  Good luck!!!

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

#9 Mahalo79

• 175 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 04:28 AM

I have heard amazing reviews about the Riu and Sandals in Jamaica!  Good luck with your planning!

#10 KCB2011

• 308 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:52 PM

Congrats!  I originally had Jamaica as a front runner as well (most flights available from Canada, and everyday from Toronto I think!) and if you will have kids going to your wedding, I have family members who went to Beaches Negril and thought it was great, especially for families.  I decided on Dominican Republic as it was more affordable for our guests.  Good Luck with your planning !!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users