#6331 shan0487

shan0487
  • 1,393 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
  • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
  • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:55 AM

Hey Stef- I should be able to answer most of your questions:

1) I believe the salon/spa is the same contact.  I could find my contact person I used- I think her name was Karla.  The $300 is for anything spa related- hair, massages, mani pedi- if it's done at the salon/spa it counts towards your $300 max.  I did not do a trial run- as long as you have a picture of EXACTLY what you want front and back- they will replicate the hair even BETTER than the picture!

2) there are no rooms that enter into a private pool at the Grand section of MP- he is def thinking of another resort. 

3) I rented the ipod tech and speakers from PSAV for $200- they provided the speaker, a microphone and the tech.  Totally worth it!! We just brought a laptop with clearly stated playlists and the tech played everything "dinner music", "first dance" etc.  I would not rely on the internet connection- the wifi is hit or miss- esp miss the closer you get to the beach/ocean. 

4) I belive the construction is almost done in the Sunrise side- but I am not certain- another bride said that the construction for Nizuc would begin in Oct- so maybe they are still working on the sunrise side- they were when I was there in Nov.  Yes, Sunrise is the only section with hammocks- but the Grand side has a daybed/ lounger thing on the balcony.  I'm not sure if the rooms were renovated or not either, sorry!

If you have any other questions feel free to PM me!

You are going to have an amazing time!!!! I want to go back!!!! :)

Originally Posted by stefn1218 

Hi Ladies!

A few more last minute questions (ahh! almost a month away!)

I know I've seen contact information on here somewhere for hair/make-up appointments...is that the same contact as the spa? I've been to a few Palace Resorts in the past and they seemed to have differentiated between the Salon and the Spa. I think there is a $300 limit per room at the Spa....so does this count towards hair and make-up or just services like massages? What about mani's/pedis?

Any thoughts on whether or not a trial run for hair/make-up is necessary?

My FI swears that he's seen pictures of the Moon Palace (Grand Section) where they have rooms with private pool access (ground level rooms where you can just walk into the pool straight off your patio. Can anyone confirm if this is true? I'm thinking this was probably at another Palace Resort.

In a few earlier posts, brides suggested bringing your own speakers...I'm trying to decide between that and hiring a dj (a lot of our guests are older, so we are going to stick to the traditional dances and speeches, and then the younger crowd is going to head to the disco for the real dancing).  If you don't pay for anything for the reception, do you still get a tech guy? Do they still provide a microphone? I'm wondering if we tipped a tech guy (assuming they provide one) if he'd run our playlists for us. If we did bring our own system, does anyone know if the internet at the terraces (Tucan or Venado most likely) get good enough internet reception to stream something like Pandora?

Also, has anyone on here been to the MP lately? Any updates on whether or not the construction is done? Does this make the Sunrise section the "newest" now? Is that still the only section with hammocks on the patios?

Sorry for all the questions. I've read every post, so hope I haven't repeated too many things that have already been discussed. As always, THANK YOU GIRLS!!!

#6332 stefn1218

stefn1218
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:39 PM

shan0487- Thank you!!! (I can tell my FI now that I was right about the private pool access! ) Sorry for posting in both threads, at this point I don't know who is reading what!

I'm feeling more overwhelmed than excited right now, so I appreciate the encouragement. I thought I was so prepared but now I feel totally behind! I'll just work my booty off until we catch our flight and then hopefully relax once we arrive.

Thanks again!

#6333 shan0487

shan0487
    • 1,393 posts
    • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

You are welcome!

haha- ya I wish there was private pool access! But I def don't remember seeing it and we were in the grand section a lot! (we stayed in the Nizuc section). 

Have you gotten your Purchase order yet?  Once you sign that- relax- everything will work itself out when you get there- I know everyone says that but you really need to remember that- this is what these ladies do for a living and they are great at their job and everyone wants to please a BRIDE! :)

shan0487- Thank you!!! (I can tell my FI now that I was right about the private pool access! ) Sorry for posting in both threads, at this point I don't know who is reading what!

I'm feeling more overwhelmed than excited right now, so I appreciate the encouragement. I thought I was so prepared but now I feel totally behind! I'll just work my booty off until we catch our flight and then hopefully relax once we arrive.

Thanks again!

#6334 stefn1218

stefn1218
    • 89 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

We got that huge excel spreadsheet but I'm nervous signing it bc it adds up how much everything would cost even though we get most of it free with our wedding package and nights!

#6335 shan0487

shan0487
      • 1,393 posts
      • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:56 PM

that should all be factored into that and reflective of your freebies from your package- my total purchase order was $213ish- all I paid for was my ipod hook up and $3 for orange ribbon around my cake. 

We got that huge excel spreadsheet but I'm nervous signing it bc it adds up how much everything would cost even though we get most of it free with our wedding package and nights!

#6336 stefn1218

stefn1218
      • 89 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

Does anyone know if there are any restrictions on the food for unlimited events (if you have reached the 75 nights?) For example, could I have a buffet dinner with bar service every night if I wanted to? 

#6337 stefn1218

stefn1218
        • 89 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

I'm sorry for all the questions! Where did everyone get their blumeboxes, and how tall did you get them? My bouquet is from the Moon Palace.

Thanks!

#6338 shan0487

shan0487
          • 1,393 posts
          • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:15 AM

I don't believe they have a limit on unlimited events- I'm not sure why anyone would want a private buffet and bar every night though and there are tons of delicious restaraunts to eat at and that seems like a lot of work!

I ordered my blumeboxes from the blumebox.com website- I ordered the tallest ones- which I think may be 8 in? I can't remember but I know I just ordered to tallest ones cause I didn't know how tall my bouquets would be!

#6339 Kelly Hopkinson

Kelly Hopkinson
          • 5 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:34 AM

Hi just returned from my wedding at the moon palace and read your thread. 

We stayed at the grand section of the resort and there are definately rooms with pools on the ground floor.  The rooms at this Grand side are considerably bigger than the rooms at the other sections and have the day beds and table/chairs.  If staying at the other sections you do not get the space that a lot of people like on the balcony and are probably the smalles balcony's that we have ever seen however you do get hammocks on the balcony at the sunrise.  Family stayed in the neizuc and none of the had these there.

You can currently spend $500 at the spa/beauty salon on hair, makeup, mani, pedi, meke-up etc etc.  I decided against having a hair and makeup trial but on my wedding day I didregret it slightly.  The makeup was amazing but even after showing the stylist 5 or 6 pictures of how i wnated my hair it still wasn't quite what I wanted, all beit it was still very nice, looking back I would have definately had the hair trial.

With regards to the building works it is still going on and in pretty much every section.  This did not effect our holiday/wedding in any way as there are only sections of each section having the building works done.  I suppose like anything there will be people that will complain about this and I soon as I knew i was on the phone to the tour operator but I can assure you that it really didn't disrupt anything at all and the resport is so big that you kind of don'e realise that it's happening.  What people need to bear in mind is that this resort is so big that once they have completed something at one of the sections they need to start at another.  They actually closed down one of the snack bars while we were there replace the roof, floor tiles and painted all within 48 hrs!!

Any other questions just let me know and I will try and answere anything as best I can.

#6340 CharleneFerrell

CharleneFerrell
            • 37 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:51 AM

Hey, I just read your post about the rooms in the grand section that have pool access. Do u remember if they have private pools or is it communal access from a few rooms to one pool? I emailed my wedding co like a week ago and she said there wasn't any but I knew I had seen it somewhere! Would you defo recommend the grand section? Do you know if the grand section has any sea view rooms? Also, what were the timings of your day? Ill prob have 100 questions for you lol I get married in September! Eeeek!!! X

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users