Moon Palace 2012 Brides

Thank you Kelly Hopkinson! I wonder what room category those pool access rooms are...urgh that means my FI was right! :) Did you have any problems with mosquitos on the Grand Side?

I know it clearly states that you aren't allowed to exchange anything with the Colin Cowie packages, but I'm still trying to use the Photo Package A that comes with the package for our welcome dinner the night before. Has anyone had any luck altering any aspects of the package? We are also bringing our own officiant....in the pre-Colin Cowie days I know girls were able to substitute stuff out all the time (like get flower petals instead of the officant) but they aren't budging at all with me. Do you think this is something I'd have better luck with once we get to Cancun?

I ALSO know it says that the Kodac photo package (that you can use your credits for) can't be used for Private Events...again anyone have any luck with this? Essentially, my Dad is from India and our Welcome Dinner has turned into an Indian Bridal Ceremony, and his side of the family will not be happy if we don't have professional pictures of the event. I'm trying to find a way to get some, without having to pay a significant more.

Do you think any of this something I'd have better luck with once we get to Cancun? Or should I just accept defeat? Thanks!

I'm sorry for giving you the wrong information- I never saw these pool access rooms so there must not be many of them but I'd be interested to know where they are/ what room type they are as well!

I think there are mosquitos everywhere- but it just depends what time of the year it is whether there are a lot or not. 

I did not purchase a package- I used the complimentary package so I cannot answer this from experience but from what I do know is that they just want to make the bride happy so I would wait til you get to Cancun and discuss it with your wedding coordinator- they will pretty much do anything you want in expectation that you will tip well! :)

Originally Posted by stefn1218 View Post

Thank you Kelly Hopkinson! I wonder what room category those pool access rooms are...urgh that means my FI was right! :) Did you have any problems with mosquitos on the Grand Side?

I know it clearly states that you aren't allowed to exchange anything with the Colin Cowie packages, but I'm still trying to use the Photo Package A that comes with the package for our welcome dinner the night before. Has anyone had any luck altering any aspects of the package? We are also bringing our own officiant....in the pre-Colin Cowie days I know girls were able to substitute stuff out all the time (like get flower petals instead of the officant) but they aren't budging at all with me. Do you think this is something I'd have better luck with once we get to Cancun?

I ALSO know it says that the Kodac photo package (that you can use your credits for) can't be used for Private Events...again anyone have any luck with this? Essentially, my Dad is from India and our Welcome Dinner has turned into an Indian Bridal Ceremony, and his side of the family will not be happy if we don't have professional pictures of the event. I'm trying to find a way to get some, without having to pay a significant more.

Do you think any of this something I'd have better luck with once we get to Cancun? Or should I just accept defeat? Thanks!

Originally Posted by shan0487 View Post

I'm sorry for giving you the wrong information- I never saw these pool access rooms so there must not be many of them but I'd be interested to know where they are/ what room type they are as well!

I think there are mosquitos everywhere- but it just depends what time of the year it is whether there are a lot or not. 

I did not purchase a package- I used the complimentary package so I cannot answer this from experience but from what I do know is that they just want to make the bride happy so I would wait til you get to Cancun and discuss it with your wedding coordinator- they will pretty much do anything you want in expectation that you will tip well! :)

Oh that makes me feel a lot better! I know not to count on anything for sure, but I'm really hoping they will work with us once we are there. Thanks for the reassurance woot.gif (I like how this emoticon freaks out then celebrates…exactly how I've been feeling, CRAZY!)

You're welcome!! Feel free to PM me at anytime- I usually am on here during the week quite frequently if you have any other questions/concerns!! Just remember- don't stress out about anything minor- it WILL all work out once you get there and your wedding week will be how you always envisioned it and probably even better (I've only pictured myself at a destination wedding since i started dating my husband- so 7 1/2 years, before that I would have never even given it a thought!) 

Oh that makes me feel a lot better! I know not to count on anything for sure, but I'm really hoping they will work with us once we are there. Thanks for the reassurance woot.gif (I like how this emoticon freaks out then celebrates…exactly how I've been feeling, CRAZY!)

Does anyone know if there are any restrictions on the food for unlimited events (if you have reached the 75 nights?) For example, could I have a buffet dinner with bar service every night if I wanted to? 

As far as i know you get full bar service and buffet for each private function. We have 3 private functions and got a full buffet and bar service for each one.

Hi Ladies I am new to the site. I have read 100's of reviews and this website is amazing, as are all of the ladies who contribute to it!! I have been sent a lot of information by my on site wedding coordinator, which is surprising since I read a lot of people don't hear from theirs until a month before the wedding!! Long story short, I am having a hard time choosing everything and could use any advice from brides who have done site visits or already had their weddings and know the lay of the land!

I am trying to find out where I should have our welcome cocktail hour and our ceremony. My guests and I are staying in the Sunrise block, and I wanted the welcome cocktail to be somewhere around there. Right now it is down as Fragata Terrace, but I have no clue where that is in relation to our rooms! I want to have my wedding in the chapel, but it looks like I have been scheduled for the gazebo. I hate sending my wedding coordinator 10 emails a day but I have sooooooo many questions! Please help!! I need a MP mentor!!  Or five. wacko.gif

Welcome to the forum, BellaWright, and Congrats on your dw at the Moon Palace !!! it's such a gorgeous venue, so you've made an excellent choice, and are off to a wonderful start already - well done!

To show you what a picturesque background it will make to your wedding story photos, here are some magical "moments that matter" Linc captured there recently...........

with more at an album link here.......enjoy :)

Wishing everyone the very best with their plans and ultimate Wedding Celebration!!!

team MTM asst, Lynda :)

The pools looked like they were communal but there were only 3 maybe 4 rooms that had access to the pool.  We never actually saw anybody in them either!  The grand section is the most recently renovated section and although the whole hotel was amazing this was the nicer section and the rooms are double the size of the rooms at the other section.  It is quiet though and you have to walk or get a buggy to the other sections for more restaurants/pools and things to do.  There are obviously restaurants and pools at the  grand section though.

With regards to sea view rooms with a lot of the rooms at this section they face away from the sea, although I suppose there may be the odd one that does but you are certainly not seafront like some in the other sections.

There are mosquitos.

I tried to use the kodak photos for the Italian restaurant on the evening of our wedding but they were unfortunately not shifting on this.  I personall spoke with Kodak our co-ordinator & the wedding photographers but no luck.  Shan is correct, they try very had to accommodate everything a bride/groom want but on this occassion it didn't go anywhere.  Just wanted to be honest.

Our wedding time was changed from 2pm (after our original request of 4pm) to 3pm about 4 weeks before the wedding, upon arriving at resort this was then changed to 3.30pm but this was because we wanted to change our location and there was wedding before us.  I had the ususal doubts etc like any other bride but they really were fab and everything went just how we wanted it to.

Hi Ladies I am new to the site. I have read 100's of reviews and this website is amazing, as are all of the ladies who contribute to it!! I have been sent a lot of information by my on site wedding coordinator, which is surprising since I read a lot of people don't hear from theirs until a month before the wedding!! Long story short, I am having a hard time choosing everything and could use any advice from brides who have done site visits or already had their weddings and know the lay of the land! I am trying to find out where I should have our welcome cocktail hour and our ceremony. My guests and I are staying in the Sunrise block, and I wanted the welcome cocktail to be somewhere around there. Right now it is down as Fragata Terrace, but I have no clue where that is in relation to our rooms! I want to have my wedding in the chapel, but it looks like I have been scheduled for the gazebo. I hate sending my wedding coordinator 10 emails a day but I have sooooooo many questions! Please help!! I need a MP mentor!!  Or five. :wacko:
You can ask me :) my wedding is in April so I don't have answers to everything but can work through your questions with you. Have you already read tge moon palace brides 2012 thread or the wedding reviews? There is an overwhelming amount of info there. When is your wedding? Do you have any elderly guests? From what i've read the resort IS big but the locations really aren't that far away from anything and they have golf carts to help with the guests if you need it. what chapel are u refering to? I know they have a gazebo specifically reserved for religious ceremonies...so maybe you are booked in the chapel you're referring to? Take a deep breathe and know everything will be fine! I'm with you that my. Wedding coordinator has been awesome. ...previous brides had so many issues with this step and everything turned out perfectly for them so we should be all set! Good luck and let me know what other questions you have