Jump to content

Photo

Moon Palace 2012 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#6031 DJ Arpasi

DJ Arpasi
  • Newbie
  • 1 posts

    Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:27 PM

    Thanks for posting those. My Wife and I got married at the Moon Palace in Nov 2003. I want to put those words with our favorite wedding photo together for our 10th anniversary.



    #6032 shaheenie

    shaheenie
    • Newbie
    • 19 posts

      Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:50 AM

      Hi All!

       

      I'm getting married at Moon Palace in November!


      I'm just trying to decide on photography -- has anyone booked an outside photographer. If so, are they paying the "$500 outside vendor fee" and if not, how did you manage to get around this?


      Also, I'm having a hell of a time getting my locations confirmed for any of the wedding events -- any tricks on how to do that. I was told by a wedding coordinator ( I kid you not, I have had 3) that locations are not confirmed until we arrive at MP!

       

      Oh and lastly, what section of the hotel did you guys choose? Is one particularly better than others?


      Thanks so much for all the help you can provide! This is starting to get frustrating!



      #6033 shaheenie

      shaheenie
      • Newbie
      • 19 posts

        Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:51 AM

        Originally Posted by jackie44 

        ok thanks ,just trying to plan out the timing...as were doing the sit down meal was trying to make the cocktail hr a little bit like a private reception but without paying the 50 dollars per person ...x

         

        I was told it was $50.00 per table per hour?!
         



        #6034 shan0487

        shan0487
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,393 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
        • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
        • LocationSt Louis, MO

        Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:25 AM

        When is your wedding date?!  When will you be there?  I'll be at Moon Nov 19-26 but my wedding is at Sun Palace. 

         

        I am bringing my photographer from the states with me and she is staying 3 nights so I don't have to pay the fee.  I would just book them a night at the hotel and then they will be a guest of your wedding!

         

        Your wedding locations should be confirmed once you get your purchase order from your WC, but they say the cannot completely guarentee it until you arrive in Mexico.  But if you've paid, you should be fine !

         

        I think we are requested to stay in the Sunrise section or the Nizuc.  Not sure one is better than the other.  I think the Nizuc side is quieter than the Sunrise from what I've been told. 

        Originally Posted by shaheenie 

        Hi All!

         

        I'm getting married at Moon Palace in November!


        I'm just trying to decide on photography -- has anyone booked an outside photographer. If so, are they paying the "$500 outside vendor fee" and if not, how did you manage to get around this?


        Also, I'm having a hell of a time getting my locations confirmed for any of the wedding events -- any tricks on how to do that. I was told by a wedding coordinator ( I kid you not, I have had 3) that locations are not confirmed until we arrive at MP!

         

        Oh and lastly, what section of the hotel did you guys choose? Is one particularly better than others?


        Thanks so much for all the help you can provide! This is starting to get frustrating!



        #6035 CurlyBride

        CurlyBride
        • Newbie
        • 46 posts

          Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:29 AM

          Hello there,

           

          I am a november bride as well. November 11. My photographer is Ocean Photo/SMile Market. No outside vender fee needs to be paid if you use them. I am having a TTD with Gonzalo Nunez 3 days later.

          Originally Posted by shaheenie 

          Hi All!

           

          I'm getting married at Moon Palace in November!


          I'm just trying to decide on photography -- has anyone booked an outside photographer. If so, are they paying the "$500 outside vendor fee" and if not, how did you manage to get around this?


          Also, I'm having a hell of a time getting my locations confirmed for any of the wedding events -- any tricks on how to do that. I was told by a wedding coordinator ( I kid you not, I have had 3) that locations are not confirmed until we arrive at MP!

           

          Oh and lastly, what section of the hotel did you guys choose? Is one particularly better than others?


          Thanks so much for all the help you can provide! This is starting to get frustrating!



          #6036 shaheenie

          shaheenie
          • Newbie
          • 19 posts

            Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

            Originally Posted by CurlyBride 

            Hello there,

             

            I am a november bride as well. November 11. My photographer is Ocean Photo/SMile Market. No outside vender fee needs to be paid if you use them. I am having a TTD with Gonzalo Nunez 3 days later.

             

            I'm November 12th! We will be there at the same time :) We are there from Nov 7 - 16th.

             

             

            Originally Posted by shan0487 

            When is your wedding date?!  When will you be there?  I'll be at Moon Nov 19-26 but my wedding is at Sun Palace. 

             

            I am bringing my photographer from the states with me and she is staying 3 nights so I don't have to pay the fee.  I would just book them a night at the hotel and then they will be a guest of your wedding!

             

            Your wedding locations should be confirmed once you get your purchase order from your WC, but they say the cannot completely guarentee it until you arrive in Mexico.  But if you've paid, you should be fine !

             

            I think we are requested to stay in the Sunrise section or the Nizuc.  Not sure one is better than the other.  I think the Nizuc side is quieter than the Sunrise from what I've been told. 

             

            We will just miss each other! Our wedding is November 12th! Thanks for the idea of the photographer booking a room :) I'll definately do that. Are you guys having an outdoor reception. I also just noticed on some fine print that they have a $30/pp charge for "setup" in outdoor locations -- when I called Miami when I was deciding which hotel I was told there is no such charge.....eek!



            #6037 Speckles121

            Speckles121
            • Member
            • 720 posts

              Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:57 AM

              Originally Posted by shaheenie 

               

              I'm November 12th! We will be there at the same time :) We are there from Nov 7 - 16th.

               

               

               

              We will just miss each other! Our wedding is November 12th! Thanks for the idea of the photographer booking a room :) I'll definately do that. Are you guys having an outdoor reception. I also just noticed on some fine print that they have a $30/pp charge for "setup" in outdoor locations -- when I called Miami when I was deciding which hotel I was told there is no such charge.....eek!

               

               

              Theres no such charge if you have it at the Tuccan Terrace or any of the others that are on the first level..theres a charge if they are on the 2nd level bc it takes longer to setup



              #6038 shan0487

              shan0487
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,393 posts
              • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
              • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
              • LocationSt Louis, MO

              Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:00 AM

              There is only a charge for beach set up or the caribbean terrace where there is no elevator access.  I've never heard of this charge before!

              Originally Posted by shaheenie 

               

              I'm November 12th! We will be there at the same time :) We are there from Nov 7 - 16th.

               

               

               

              We will just miss each other! Our wedding is November 12th! Thanks for the idea of the photographer booking a room :) I'll definately do that. Are you guys having an outdoor reception. I also just noticed on some fine print that they have a $30/pp charge for "setup" in outdoor locations -- when I called Miami when I was deciding which hotel I was told there is no such charge.....eek!



              #6039 CafeDelMar21

              CafeDelMar21
              • Newbie
              • 130 posts

                Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:01 PM

                Originally Posted by jackie44 

                ok thanks ,just trying to plan out the timing...as were doing the sit down meal was trying to make the cocktail hr a little bit like a private reception but without paying the 50 dollars per person ...x

                 

                If you are getting the free cocktail hour, then you have to pay for a full hour. Like I am getting a free cocktail hour, and then paying for another hour for 40 people and it's going to be $800. If you are PAYING for the first hour of cocktail, then you get the second for half prize of what you paid for the first hour.

                Originally Posted by shaheenie 

                Hi All!

                 

                I'm getting married at Moon Palace in November!


                I'm just trying to decide on photography -- has anyone booked an outside photographer. If so, are they paying the "$500 outside vendor fee" and if not, how did you manage to get around this?


                Also, I'm having a hell of a time getting my locations confirmed for any of the wedding events -- any tricks on how to do that. I was told by a wedding coordinator ( I kid you not, I have had 3) that locations are not confirmed until we arrive at MP!

                 

                Oh and lastly, what section of the hotel did you guys choose? Is one particularly better than others?


                Thanks so much for all the help you can provide! This is starting to get frustrating!

                 

                I am getting an outside photographer to come in because it is seriously worth it to pay $500 than to use the in-house photographers, in my opinion. And there's no getting around it unless you have them down as guests and they are staying over 3 nights at the hotel.



                #6040 Mca1116

                Mca1116
                • Newbie
                • 37 posts

                  Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:29 PM

                  We will be there the same time!!! Our wedding is November 10 at 4pm! We are staying from the 6th-15th.  We are using smile market/ocean photo studio, I didn't want to deal with the hassle of bringing an outside photographer in.  Our locations were confirmed when we signed our wedding PO, but it does say they are not guarenteed until we arrive in Mexico, I'm not to stressed about it.  Our group is staying in the Sunrise section, I was told by someone who has been to Moon Palace that it is the "louder/partying" section. 

                  Originally Posted by shaheenie 

                   

                  I'm November 12th! We will be there at the same time :) We are there from Nov 7 - 16th.

                   

                   

                   

                  We will just miss each other! Our wedding is November 12th! Thanks for the idea of the photographer booking a room :) I'll definately do that. Are you guys having an outdoor reception. I also just noticed on some fine print that they have a $30/pp charge for "setup" in outdoor locations -- when I called Miami when I was deciding which hotel I was told there is no such charge.....eek!






                  1 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users