6467 replies to this topic

#5981 shan0487

shan0487
  • 1,393 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
  • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
  • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:42 PM

Summer do you have examples for the extra fees in regards to the resort credits?  Just so we know what to be aware of when I tell my guests?  Thanks!!!! :)

Glad you had an amazing time and everything was taken care of once you got there!

#5982 Speckles121

Speckles121
  • 720 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:39 PM

If your guestes booked before 4/1/12 then you shouldnt have to pay taxes..i confirmed this with the tour guide when i was booking my excursions

Attached Files

#5983 CafeDelMar21

CafeDelMar21
    • 130 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:16 PM

Hello All!

So I FINALLY got in contact with Renee, my wedding coordinator, and she seemed really anxious to get my wedding stuff done. I wanted to tell her it was her fault that I had no idea how things were going to happen but she seem really on the ball now so I didn't. However, she said that I HAVE to use JSAV instead of PSAV. Not sure if they got a deal with them or if the relationship with PSAV fell through but she made me change (good thing I had nothing booked). Prices are pretty much the same except JSAV is an iPod system rental for 2-3 hours, while PSAV was for 4 hours.

Also, if anyone is booking through more than one membership, talk to them about it and they may fuse the membership bookings into one like they did to me. I had like 20 people book on one and 20 on the other so they were only counting my one membership bookings and I just had enough for the cocktail hour. But when they fused the bookings, I had way over 100 room nights! So make sure you talk to someone on the Membership side first, and then talk to your coordinator about it.

So question for the recent brides. No one had any problem using Marvin's/Mayan Floral's flowers right? I don't want to put my deposit with him and have the resort deny me using the flowers or something, since everything seems to have changed.

#5984 mpweddingplan

mpweddingplan
      • Site Supporter
      • 261 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by shan0487 

Summer do you have examples for the extra fees in regards to the resort credits?  Just so we know what to be aware of when I tell my guests?  Thanks!!!! :)

Glad you had an amazing time and everything was taken care of once you got there!

Starting in April of 2012, the Mexican Government is forcing the resorts to charge an 11% tax on all 'resort credits' used.  So if you use $100 vacation dollars (resort credits), you will have to pay $11 in taxes on it. 

#5985 shan0487

shan0487
        • 1,393 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
        • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
        • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:17 AM

That is only for people who booked after that date, correct?  I have a sheet from the palace website that anyone that booked before April 2012 will not be charged the tax.  

Originally Posted by mpweddingplan 

Starting in April of 2012, the Mexican Government is forcing the resorts to charge an 11% tax on all 'resort credits' used.  So if you use $100 vacation dollars (resort credits), you will have to pay $11 in taxes on it. 

#5986 Speckles121

Speckles121
        • 720 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:22 AM

That is only for people who booked after that date, correct?  I have a sheet from the palace website that anyone that booked before April 2012 will not be charged the tax.  

i have that as well! and i confirmed it with the tours guide as well!

#5987 Rpc51

Rpc51
          • 106 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:10 PM

Thanks for the answers to my laundry list of questions:)

#5988 mwells

mwells
            • 75 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by Speckles121 

i have that as well! and i confirmed it with the tours guide as well!

Good to know!  I wouldn't have remembered or noticed half of these things, had I not read about them here.  Especially the unlimited private events/unlimited time.  This is so helpful!!! 

Was there anything that was part of the complimentary ceremony package that isn't anymore? 

#5989 mpweddingplan

mpweddingplan
              • Site Supporter
              • 261 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:02 AM

I do not believe that is correct.  Its a tax imposed by the actual government.  I honestly think the resorts hands are tied on it. 

All of our excursions....including golf, spa and tours, were all subject to the 11% tax. 

We booked back in early 2011, and we paid the 11% tax on everything we used the credits on.....including room upgrades. 

Its possible you may be able to get around paying the 11% tax, I'm honestly not sure, but I would be prepared to pay the tax on any vacation dollars (resort credits) you plan on spending. 

#5990 Rpc51

Rpc51
                • 106 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:43 AM

Any suggestions on good WCs? I have Renee Garcia and I read somewhere that she isn't too good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users