Jump to content

Photo

Moon Palace 2012 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
6466 replies to this topic

#5031 beatyea

beatyea
  • Jr. Member
  • 288 posts

    Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:07 PM

    I don't think the 10 pm rule is set in stone or maybe it was just where we had our reception (Caribbean Terrace) but we went til about 11:30 :-)



    #5032 shan0487

    shan0487
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,393 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
    • LocationSt Louis, MO

    Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:09 PM

    Now you have me worried- don't you have the 75 room nights, so don't you qualify for unlimited private functions?  They did away with contracts when I booked in Feb, so I don't have much to go off of.  But I know that I qualified for unlimited functions which last 4 hours so my reception will be from 6-10.  Do you have something different? 

     

     

    I hope you guests are more courteous than mine! I know- and she's getting married next May, so I hope she realizes it's annoying when people cancel/don't show up and don't tell you!

    Originally Posted by leenancy 

    I'll be paying the extension fee. I had received paperwork early on that stated the fee, so I was planning on paying extra for my three hour reception. I only have five tables, so it's only $250 (it was $50/hour/table when I signed my contract). I would have paid for even longer but outdoor events aren't allowed past 10. Luckily my reception is at 7pm and we'll just have to find a place to drink and hang out if people want to party past 10pm. Unfortunately for early ceremonies, you're pretty much forced to have an early night. Maybe you guys can pick a cool bar to take everyone to or maybe set up a gathering on the beach after the reception if you don't want to pay the extension fees. 

     

     

    Those look great, SummerDawn! I think we will be by a pier as well. Beautiful!

     

     

    Sorry to hear that Shan0487! You would think it's common courtesy to call you since you are trying to plan a wedding and all... I have a couple looking to cancel as well (my TA gave me a heads up) and I wonder if they are going to even call us and let us know.

     



    #5033 CafeDelMar21

    CafeDelMar21
    • Newbie
    • 130 posts

      Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:55 PM

      Did everyone else pay the extension fee? I feel like stupid Moon Palace just finds loops and holes to steal money from me and I'm sick and tired of it.



      #5034 coconoir1908

      coconoir1908
      • Sr. Member
      • 2,136 posts

        Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:21 PM

        Gorgeous Photos Summer!

         

         

        Originally Posted by SummerDawn 

        A few pictures from our day after session on the beach... Love love love them so far!!! If you are doing a TTD at moon palace make sure you walk down to the pier because it makes for beautiful pictures!! I was a little disappointed that we didnt end up going to a cenote but now that I've seen these pictures I am sooo happy with our decision to stay at the resort. We took photos for hours and it was so much less stress than the wedding photos. Sorry for the bad quality they were saved on my phone and then uploaded here but you get the idea

        photo4.JPG

        photo1.JPGphoto2.JPGphoto3.JPG



        #5035 coconoir1908

        coconoir1908
        • Sr. Member
        • 2,136 posts

          Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:34 PM

          Ladies,

           

          Anyone using the Caribbean Rooftop for their function, the 10pm rule does not apply, however you must be done by 12.  Our reception was from 7-11 but as the staff was cleaning many of us sat in our lounge area and talked....until about 11:30 or so. 

           

          MP changed their unlimited functions times from 3 hours for a reception to 2 (and a total of 3 hours of "free" events per day) a while back (reference their site).  However; I emailed Gretel in the Miami office demanding that MP honor the initial time before the changes and she did...  In addition, we extended an hour without no charge from Valeria (just another reason we gave her an awesome tip)

           

          Here's the thing to remember ladies and hopefully this will take away some stress. 

          1. That what may apply to one bride-to-be or past bride may not pertain to you (either good or bad)
          2. That MP staff is very attentive and accommodating and they want nothing more to please YOU!  With that said, your coordinator may otherwise "allow" somethings that others may not in hopes for a good tip.
          3. I was given a one hour extension (original reception time 7-10) for no charge
          4. I was only charge 1 $65 set-up when clearly I had tons of stuff and she should have applied the $65 to each event
          5. I wasn't charge for 1 day pass (although I think this was by accident)

           

          All answers can not come from this site....so nothing should be set-in stone from this format!  Yet request that things are honored and get it in writing but know that your coord maybe very flexible. 



          #5036 leenancy

          leenancy
          • Jr. Member
          • 212 posts

            Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:01 PM

            I do qualify for free events, but my documents state that only 2 hours is free. Coco makes a good point though, what applies to one bride may not end up happening with other brides. I say work with what you were told from MP or the Miami office and see if you can wheel and deal with them if it's not what you like.

             

            Originally Posted by shan0487 

            Now you have me worried- don't you have the 75 room nights, so don't you qualify for unlimited private functions?  They did away with contracts when I booked in Feb, so I don't have much to go off of.  But I know that I qualified for unlimited functions which last 4 hours so my reception will be from 6-10.  Do you have something different? 

             

             

            I hope you guests are more courteous than mine! I know- and she's getting married next May, so I hope she realizes it's annoying when people cancel/don't show up and don't tell you!


            05.27.2012 @ Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

            38 Guests + Bride & Groom Booked, 79 Room Nights

            10 Guests Booked @ Other Resorts
            2 Guests booked through other services

            #5037 stefn1218

            stefn1218
            • Newbie
            • 89 posts

              Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:30 PM

              ladydi1844 - does that mean that you CAN use other people's credits? My FI and I are going to use all of our credits for the wedding package and wont have any left over for things like the spa/golf....I know there is a limit for those things per room, but let's say my parents didn't go golfing but booked an appointment for my FI under their points...does it work that way? I've been to other palace resorts before, and i MIGHT remember they check the braclet number to the reservation? But I really don't remember... any help would be great :) Thanks!



              #5038 shan0487

              shan0487
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,393 posts
              • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
              • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
              • LocationSt Louis, MO

              Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:15 AM

              Thanks Coco! I have in writing that they would still honor the original functions since I reserved my wedding before the time they changed the perks.  I thought I had somewhere that the unlimited reception was for 4 hours and not 3, guess I better go back and check that too. 

               

              Hopefully my Sun Palace WC will be flexible for the better and not worse! :)

              Originally Posted by coconoir1908 

              Ladies,

               

              Anyone using the Caribbean Rooftop for their function, the 10pm rule does not apply, however you must be done by 12.  Our reception was from 7-11 but as the staff was cleaning many of us sat in our lounge area and talked....until about 11:30 or so. 

               

              MP changed their unlimited functions times from 3 hours for a reception to 2 (and a total of 3 hours of "free" events per day) a while back (reference their site).  However; I emailed Gretel in the Miami office demanding that MP honor the initial time before the changes and she did...  In addition, we extended an hour without no charge from Valeria (just another reason we gave her an awesome tip)

               

              Here's the thing to remember ladies and hopefully this will take away some stress. 

              1. That what may apply to one bride-to-be or past bride may not pertain to you (either good or bad)
              2. That MP staff is very attentive and accommodating and they want nothing more to please YOU!  With that said, your coordinator may otherwise "allow" somethings that others may not in hopes for a good tip.
              3. I was given a one hour extension (original reception time 7-10) for no charge
              4. I was only charge 1 $65 set-up when clearly I had tons of stuff and she should have applied the $65 to each event
              5. I wasn't charge for 1 day pass (although I think this was by accident)

               

              All answers can not come from this site....so nothing should be set-in stone from this format!  Yet request that things are honored and get it in writing but know that your coord maybe very flexible. 



              #5039 coconoir1908

              coconoir1908
              • Sr. Member
              • 2,136 posts

                Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:14 AM

                The reception before changing the perks was 3 hours....I still have the old print out ;)... this is why our original time was set from 7-10p and then we were headed over to the disco. 

                Originally Posted by shan0487 

                Thanks Coco! I have in writing that they would still honor the original functions since I reserved my wedding before the time they changed the perks.  I thought I had somewhere that the unlimited reception was for 4 hours and not 3, guess I better go back and check that too. 

                 

                Hopefully my Sun Palace WC will be flexible for the better and not worse! :)



                #5040 Speckles121

                Speckles121
                • Member
                • 720 posts

                  Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:34 AM

                  Just got the call..MY DRESS IS INNNNNN!!!!!   4 months ahead of schedule tooo 






                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users