Moon Palace 2012 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#451 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:54 AM

Hey SummerDawn,

FI and I moved our arrival date up by a day to the 17th ;-)  We will be there from April 17th to the 22nd, then headed over to LeBlanc.  I know that we will at least have 3 kids. 

Originally Posted by SummerDawn 

Hey ladies,

I am almost at my one year to go mark... whoo! Save the dates/invites are gone and people are starting to book this week! I found out my BFF is pregnant though so she is going to have a 4 month old at the wedding - not ideal but as long as she comes I'm happy! I have 2 little kids anyways so it's a very family friendly wedding!

I havent gone dress shopping yet either... I wanted to lose some weigh first but so far I havent done anything to start losing weight lol! I think I am going to go to the US to dress shop because prices are SO much more reasonable!!

I am starting to make a DIY list so that I can start working on stuff but its hard when I have NO idea how many people are going to come!!

#452 merrylee

merrylee
    • 687 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 04:39 PM

You'll be there just in time to see me get married :)

#453 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
      • 2,136 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:38 PM

YAY....are you doing beach or gazebo?

Originally Posted by merrylee 

You'll be there just in time to see me get married :)

#454 JLCarrera

JLCarrera
        • Site Supporter
        • 52 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by merrylee 

I am so excited, my OOT bags are coming today from Oriental Trading, very excited to see how they look.  We went with a canvas tote bag, I'll post pics later.  I will get twelve bags and right now I only need 2 :P  so i figure I'm probably good, because I honestly don't think I will get that many couples to go and if I do I know that I'll be able to order more.  So we will have to see.

I almost wish that it was closer so I'd have everything figured out and done already.  I haven't even gone looking at dresses yet.  It is very upsetting, but I don't think I'll like how I look in one so I keep putting it off.

Merrylee - I am right there with you in regards to dress shopping. I'm a couple weeks before you on 3/24 and still haven't mustered the courage to try one on. 30 pounds in 3 years when one is only 5'3 is alot of weight to gain. My BF keeps trying to encourage me to go but I'm not ready. I know if the dress is not ordered at least 6 to 8 months before, I will encounter all kinds of rush fees...I don't want that either. My FI wants me to wear something "sexy" and something that accentuates the curves - So not me! We've looked through bridal magazines together for him to give hints at what he would like to see me in ...He's out of his mind! When I got married the first time, 11 long years ago, I had the figure to wear something tight. Even back then I chose a ball gown style dress. It worked well because I was getting married in a church and I knew I wouldn't feel as self-conscience. Most destination wedding dresses are simpler, more flowy, and definitely more body clinging. Why did I ever give up my gym routine? I am excited to see what the other ladies are planning to wear. Girls, I need some inspiration, please! Hugs to all! 

#455 beatyea

beatyea
          • 288 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:53 AM

Hey Girls,

So my fiance finally OKed an outside photographer after I told him we can't use the resort credits anymore- so there really was no point in using the resort.  SO ladies I need your help- did anyone get MP to put that they could have an outside photographer in their contract or should I just go the route of putting them on the day pass list and say nothing to them?

I also sent my STDs out today- it finally feels so real now!!!!  I was so excited about sending them out today I could hardly sleep!

#456 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
            • 2,136 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:36 AM

Hey Girls,

So my fiance finally OKed an outside photographer after I told him we can't use the resort credits anymore- so there really was no point in using the resort.  SO ladies I need your help- did anyone get MP to put that they could have an outside photographer in their contract or should I just go the route of putting them on the day pass list and say nothing to them?

I also sent my STDs out today- it finally feels so real now!!!!  I was so excited about sending them out today I could hardly sleep!

#457 becky b

becky b
              • 9 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:06 PM

Hi Ladies

Congrats to all! I just got married at Moon Palace on March 26. If you have never been to the hotel it is amazing! I have nothing but good things to say. My wedding planner made everything so relaxed and easy for us. All our guests had nothing but nice things to say about the hotel and staff.

I did go with an outside photographer. I am still waiting for the cd of all the pictures but did have a preview and loved all the pictures so far. I ended up having to pay for a night for the photographer and assistant. I think once the resort knows outside photographers they do not let you get away with a day pass. It was either pay $300 for each photographer to be allowed on the property or a room night which was only 400! Even thought my photographer did not stay the nightit was still cheaper then going with Moon Palace photgrapher.

#458 SummerDawn

SummerDawn
                • 324 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:27 PM

Congrats Becky!! Are you going to do a review? We'd love to see pictures!!!

Originally Posted by becky b 

Hi Ladies

Congrats to all! I just got married at Moon Palace on March 26. If you have never been to the hotel it is amazing! I have nothing but good things to say. My wedding planner made everything so relaxed and easy for us. All our guests had nothing but nice things to say about the hotel and staff.

I did go with an outside photographer. I am still waiting for the cd of all the pictures but did have a preview and loved all the pictures so far. I ended up having to pay for a night for the photographer and assistant. I think once the resort knows outside photographers they do not let you get away with a day pass. It was either pay $300 for each photographer to be allowed on the property or a room night which was only 400! Even thought my photographer did not stay the nightit was still cheaper then going with Moon Palace photgrapher.

#459 shan0487

shan0487
                  • 1,393 posts
                  • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
                  • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
                  • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:46 PM

Agreed!! The more reviews and photos the better!!!! :) Who was your photographer Becky?

Originally Posted by SummerDawn 

Congrats Becky!! Are you going to do a review? We'd love to see pictures!!!

#460 merrylee

merrylee
                  • 687 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:57 AM

Coco- we are hoping for the Bumgambilias Gazebo b/c it's closer to some other things we want to do after cocktail hour etc...we are getting married at 4:00 if you are there and interested in watching a wedding before yours, please feel free.

JLC I found a dress at Davids' Bridal that I like in the picture but it is also $1150 and I am not spending that much, but I love it and I think it will help cover my flaws, but I also think I might go the knockoff route I just have to go try one on and see how I feel.

http://www.davidsbri...alina-Signature

I am bringing my photographer down with me as he's a pro and friend.

Tonight I am going to have punch through a zillion of my year to go postcards because I don't know where this week went and I want them sent out tomorrow so that they will arrive on the official 365 days to go. Stupid leap year :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users