Jump to content

Photo

Moon Palace 2012 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#3821 ashchrist814

ashchrist814
  • Newbie
  • 4 posts

    Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:35 AM

    I'm using Marvin as well, he is great! he emails me back right away.  He quoted me 55 per bouquet, so I guess it depends what you get.  I am doing 2 small bouqeuts for my flower girls and he quoted me at 35 for each.  I am also using them as centerpieces to save money so for 10 a piece Marvin is giving me vases to put them in.  I am just going to have one of my bridesmaids set them up before we go in, to avoid any set  up fees by Moon Palace.  Marvin also works with you so you don't have to pay that stupid outside vendor fee from Moon Palace.



    #3822 alaharri

    alaharri
    • Newbie
    • 41 posts

      Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:02 AM


      Yes!  They want it on until 3 days after I am supposed to leave.  I work in an ER, though, so I think I'll try to make them cut it off.  I can't do my workouts anymore, someone has to wash my hair for me, it's a disaster.

       

      Quote:

      Originally Posted by ChipmunkRN 



      O' NO!! Are you in a cast? How stressful!!



       



       



      #3823 alaharri

      alaharri
      • Newbie
      • 41 posts

        Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:28 AM

        Ooh!  Can I have that, too?  I remember this last year we had a hard time booking some things because of Spring Break.

         

        Originally Posted by coconoir1908 


        Hey beatyea,  check your PM.  Have a great day
         



         



         



        #3824 alaharri

        alaharri
        • Newbie
        • 41 posts

          Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:10 AM


          I am just packing small fake one for my MOH. 
           

          Originally Posted by airica26 

           

           

          Hi Ladies,

           

          Need bouquet advice:

           

           

          Anyone have any ideas on what to do about bridesmaid bouquets. I do not want to spend $100+ for each one because I have 4 bridesmaids.

          Anyone else have this problem?

           



           



          #3825 shan0487

          shan0487
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,393 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
          • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
          • LocationSt Louis, MO

          Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:45 AM

          For all you new brides out there- if you have reserved your wedding in 2012- did you have to sign a contract?  I never received a wedding contract to sign, but my wedding is reserved.  I find this strange because I know all the past brides have signed a wedding contract.  So therefore, I have never been told I cannot bring in outside vendors.  Also, they are trying to tell brides that it will now be $200 instead of $65 to set up any decorations they bring with them?!?! What is going on?!?!!?



          #3826 kris10kay

          kris10kay
          • Jr. Member
          • 194 posts

            Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:48 AM



            I made my bouquets from fake cala lilys at Hobby Lobby and they were the plastic/rubbery flowers which looks so real and they didnt get smashed in our suit case! :)

            Originally Posted by airica26 

             

             

            Hi Ladies,

             

            Need bouquet advice:

             

             

            Anyone have any ideas on what to do about bridesmaid bouquets. I do not want to spend $100+ for each one because I have 4 bridesmaids.

            Anyone else have this problem?

             



             



            #3827 ChipmunkRN

            ChipmunkRN
            • Site Supporter
            • 81 posts

              Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:59 AM

              I've read that some brides bring a gift for the on-site wedding coordinator. Which I'm thinking is a good idea since she will be the one there making things happen so I'd like to make sure she is happy as well. But I have no idea what kind of gift to give her, if anyone else is doing this some ideas would be greatly appriciated.

               

              FYI- status update nothing still from Ivis, I tried to contact Moon and they said they can't help because everything is through the miami office now and I thought I'd just contact my on-site wedding coordinator since I'm 30 days out but that person is no longer a wedding coordinator and I cant seem to find out who is. I'm so tired of the run around. Its crunch time at school so I'm just emailing Ivis everyday now and hoping things work out. UGH (who knew I'd use this icon so much.lol)



              #3828 Speckles121

              Speckles121
              • Member
              • 720 posts

                Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:08 AM


                I planned on prolly just giving her cash..that way they can get what they want or even something from "things remembered" could be a nice gesture!

                 

                Ivis is really aggrivating ALOT of people..its aweful!! I hate the communication with her. I feel like I need to constantly send emails in hopes that all my questions will be answered by the time we are 30 days out!
                 

                Originally Posted by ChipmunkRN 

                I've read that some brides bring a gift for the on-site wedding coordinator. Which I'm thinking is a good idea since she will be the one there making things happen so I'd like to make sure she is happy as well. But I have no idea what kind of gift to give her, if anyone else is doing this some ideas would be greatly appriciated.

                 

                FYI- status update nothing still from Ivis, I tried to contact Moon and they said they can't help because everything is through the miami office now and I thought I'd just contact my on-site wedding coordinator since I'm 30 days out but that person is no longer a wedding coordinator and I cant seem to find out who is. I'm so tired of the run around. Its crunch time at school so I'm just emailing Ivis everyday now and hoping things work out. UGH (who knew I'd use this icon so much.lol)



                 



                #3829 mrsjdh2b

                mrsjdh2b
                • Site Supporter
                • 201 posts

                  Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:58 AM

                  Sounds like this Ivis isn't doing her job very well. I think I would refer to Coco's post and contact the Wedding Coordinator Supervisor and see where that gets you. I have Beatriz and she's "Johnny on the spot" I will be speaking with her on Friday afternoon about our stuff and we aren't quite 90 days out yet.

                   

                  Congrats and Welcome to the new ladies on the forum!!! I hope that planning goes smoothly for you all with all the stuff on here.

                   

                  I'm starting to get a little pissy with our TA from Vacations4Less. I have had several guest trying to get a hold of her to book their rooms and ask questions and she's not responding......for over a month which I totally don't get because she's been in the office and responding to my requests all this time.  The FI is calling her today to bitch her out. Heifer!

                   

                  And lastly as if planning a wedding and building a house isn't stressful enough we are listing our other house to sell this week. Kill me now!!

                   

                  Hope everyone's week is going good!! Weekend is nearly here and it will be full of DIYing and shopping for the OOT bags.

                  Happy planning ladies!!

                   


                  June 9, 2012

                  Moon Palace Cancun Mexico

                  75 room nights book with TA

                  41 guests and still counting!


                  #3830 Jamie5280

                  Jamie5280
                  • Member
                  • 675 posts

                    Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:14 AM


                    hhmmm....sounds like I need to get in touch with Beatriz!!!  I am a little before ya and I have a strong feeling I will be talking with no one!!!  I feel like I don't even know what I would ask them, though!  HA.  I have my locations, I am just trying to get set up fee worked out! 

                    Originally Posted by mrsjdh2b 

                    Sounds like this Ivis isn't doing her job very well. I think I would refer to Coco's post and contact the Wedding Coordinator Supervisor and see where that gets you. I have Beatriz and she's "Johnny on the spot" I will be speaking with her on Friday afternoon about our stuff and we aren't quite 90 days out yet.

                     

                    Congrats and Welcome to the new ladies on the forum!!! I hope that planning goes smoothly for you all with all the stuff on here.

                     

                    I'm starting to get a little pissy with our TA from Vacations4Less. I have had several guest trying to get a hold of her to book their rooms and ask questions and she's not responding......for over a month which I totally don't get because she's been in the office and responding to my requests all this time.  The FI is calling her today to bitch her out. Heifer!

                     

                    And lastly as if planning a wedding and building a house isn't stressful enough we are listing our other house to sell this week. Kill me now!!

                     

                    Hope everyone's week is going good!! Weekend is nearly here and it will be full of DIYing and shopping for the OOT bags.

                    Happy planning ladies!!

                     



                     






                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users