Jump to content

Photo

Moon Palace 2012 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#3571 Palacebridex2

Palacebridex2
  • Jr. Member
  • 281 posts

    Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:51 AM


    I know how you feel, I have been going crazy trying to get my passport welcome book together!! 

    I'm taking a brief sanity break while I try to figure out how to format this stupid madlib thing I'm going to do as a guestbook.  I think I'm going to freak out!!  I can't get it to work the way I want!!    Hopefully, I'll get it done soon and post some pics



     

     



    #3572 kris10kay

    kris10kay
    • Jr. Member
    • 194 posts

      Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:53 PM

      Just wanted to respond to this question real quick! We booked our transfer fees through our TA, therefore I do not know what they would be sorry! When I get to work this week Ill respond more in depth questions/review time!! :)



      #3573 alaharri

      alaharri
      • Newbie
      • 41 posts

        Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:04 PM

        Ok, so I'm pretty sure that I could NOT have come up with a harder way to make a template like this.  I'm not sure how it works, and I've been spending forever dragging things around.  There HAS to be an easier way to do this, but here's what I have so far.  I'm in Excel.  I was thinking about adding some little pictures to it.  I can't do a border in there.  I'm stuck. 

         

        My idea is that everyone will fill these out while they are waiting for us to show up at the restaurant (we're not having a reception).  We have a lot of smarty pants going with us, so these should be pretty hilarious to read later on.  I figure I'll take them, and add them to a photobook.  Let me know what you think.  What should I add?

         

        weddingmadlib 001.jpg



        #3574 AlmostMrsRJF

        AlmostMrsRJF
        • Newbie
        • 89 posts

          Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:28 PM


          These are cute!  I checked out the site thank you and Coco for the referral.  I think they will work just fine as a souvenir for our OOT bags.  Where did you get the first aid kits?  I was thinking of including first aid type things in the OOT bags, but I wasn't sure how to package them. 

          Originally Posted by ladydi1844 

          Here is a pic of the marracca from Amol. They are very cheap but I didn't love the quality but for the price u can't beat it. i am working on those tags now. Going to use my avery badge tags for everything (love u Coco lol)

           





          Package a plenty welcome here

          Hey girls! I'm not writing as vendor, on Sunday my boyfriend gave me the engagement ring, so now I'm writing as engaged!. Like you, I want so much to get married on the beach!.

           

          I'll be happy to read your tips! :)


           



           



          #3575 AlmostMrsRJF

          AlmostMrsRJF
          • Newbie
          • 89 posts

            Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:30 PM

            Congratulations! You look fabulous!  Can't wait to read your review.



            #3576 AlmostMrsRJF

            AlmostMrsRJF
            • Newbie
            • 89 posts

              Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:36 PM


              These look so cute!  I saw some online somewhere (though I don't remember where) that included some the words already, but you just circle the word you want to use.  Matter of fact, they may have been thank you notes.

               

              I love the idea.  I'm sure your guests will have a great time filling these out while they wait for your arrival. 

              Originally Posted by alaharri 

              Ok, so I'm pretty sure that I could NOT have come up with a harder way to make a template like this.  I'm not sure how it works, and I've been spending forever dragging things around.  There HAS to be an easier way to do this, but here's what I have so far.  I'm in Excel.  I was thinking about adding some little pictures to it.  I can't do a border in there.  I'm stuck. 

               

              My idea is that everyone will fill these out while they are waiting for us to show up at the restaurant (we're not having a reception).  We have a lot of smarty pants going with us, so these should be pretty hilarious to read later on.  I figure I'll take them, and add them to a photobook.  Let me know what you think.  What should I add?

               

              weddingmadlib 001.jpg



               



              #3577 AlmostMrsRJF

              AlmostMrsRJF
              • Newbie
              • 89 posts

                Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:45 PM

                So we're at less than five months until our wedding and I feel like I have absolutely nothing done!  We booked at the resort and all that, I have my dress and shoes (though I want another pair) and our invitations have been ordered.  I just feel so behind.  I feel like there's so many decisions to make.  Plus all of the things for the AHP! 

                 

                Ok, I'm just being dramatic.  I am truly feeling pressured right now.  It's busy season at work (I'm an accountant), so I'm working close to 60 hours a week.  So much to do and so little time.  I have some family drama going on and NO ONE HAS BOOKED!!!! 

                 

                Does everyone feel like this at one point during wedding planning?!

                 

                So I'll be up tonight trying to get this to do list organized and working on things...



                #3578 mrsbruff2b

                mrsbruff2b
                • Jr. Member
                • 385 posts

                  Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:28 PM

                  I'm in the same boat.  I'm a teacher and it's Report Card season so I'm working about 12 hours every day!! I still have some DIY and little small stuff to do so the pressure is on.  No one here has booked either but we put our RSVP for March 1st.
                   

                  Originally Posted by AlmostMrsRJF 

                  So we're at less than five months until our wedding and I feel like I have absolutely nothing done!  We booked at the resort and all that, I have my dress and shoes (though I want another pair) and our invitations have been ordered.  I just feel so behind.  I feel like there's so many decisions to make.  Plus all of the things for the AHP! 

                   

                  Ok, I'm just being dramatic.  I am truly feeling pressured right now.  It's busy season at work (I'm an accountant), so I'm working close to 60 hours a week.  So much to do and so little time.  I have some family drama going on and NO ONE HAS BOOKED!!!! 

                   

                  Does everyone feel like this at one point during wedding planning?!

                   

                  So I'll be up tonight trying to get this to do list organized and working on things...



                   


                  Married: 20/06/12 - Our 11 year anniversary~

                  Wedding @: Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

                  Honeymoon @: Le Blanc Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)


                  #3579 ndvidul

                  ndvidul
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 317 posts

                    Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:46 AM

                    palacebride - I decided against the sand ceremony because I read on here that several brides did it and there sand got all mixed up on the transport back to the U.S. + that it's breakable. Just an FYI!

                     

                    kriskay - You look absolutely gorgeous in your wedding photos!!! It looks like everyone had a great time. And I love the lanterns at the reception! Congratulations!!!

                     

                    shan - Congrats on sealing the date! How exciting! Let the other planning begin... :)

                     

                    ladydi - those boxers are hysterical! love them!

                     

                    alaharri - your hard work has paid off ---- I think your guestbook madlibs are so original and such a great idea!! I think guests will love them, and you'll have a great keepsake of your special day. You've done a great job on the design!!

                     

                    almostmrsrjf - I definitely felt like that a LOT during wedding planning.  I felt so behind, especially since lots of the wonderful women on here were so far ahead of me in their planning!  It WILL get better.  Just keep plugging away, and finally, in a few months, you'll feel a bigger sense of calm as you see things coming together!  I'm less than 2 weeks away, and I tell you --- there is a light at the end of the tunnel! ;)



                    #3580 Palacebridex2

                    Palacebridex2
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 281 posts

                      Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:51 AM

                      Hi ndividual, thanks for the input, glad someone answers my questions or posts!! Lol. I also read that as well about the sand mixing up.  I'm wondering if they would let me take it on board! Probably not huh??  
                       

                      Originally Posted by ladydi1844 

                      I got the coils and the hook from ebay. They are kind of cheap feeling and that is why I didn't get the oriental trading ones and now I think I should have. But ebay has EVERYTHING. I did the cards with the avery badge labels like Coco told me too which I love because you can print on the back. you don't know how many days I spent trying to line up those stupid cards until Coco saved me lol. I got the bags on David's bridal they were $28 on sale for $14 and 20% off and they were my colors but now I found canvas ones on ebay that I wish I would have gotten lol. always buyers remorse. did the social living thing work?



                       



                      Originally Posted by ndvidul 

                      palacebride - I decided against the sand ceremony because I read on here that several brides did it and there sand got all mixed up on the transport back to the U.S. + that it's breakable. Just an FYI!

                       

                      kriskay - You look absolutely gorgeous in your wedding photos!!! It looks like everyone had a great time. And I love the lanterns at the reception! Congratulations!!!

                       

                      shan - Congrats on sealing the date! How exciting! Let the other planning begin... :)

                       

                      ladydi - those boxers are hysterical! love them!

                       

                      alaharri - your hard work has paid off ---- I think your guestbook madlibs are so original and such a great idea!! I think guests will love them, and you'll have a great keepsake of your special day. You've done a great job on the design!!

                       

                      almostmrsrjf - I definitely felt like that a LOT during wedding planning.  I felt so behind, especially since lots of the wonderful women on here were so far ahead of me in their planning!  It WILL get better.  Just keep plugging away, and finally, in a few months, you'll feel a bigger sense of calm as you see things coming together!  I'm less than 2 weeks away, and I tell you --- there is a light at the end of the tunnel! ;)



                       

                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users