• 252 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:57 AM

Can't wait to hear the Ceaser updates today 

#3332 ladydi1844

ladydi1844
    • Site Supporter
    • 252 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:58 AM

Love these so original and definitely a great pop of color.

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 

TGIF Chicas,

Well our little Cesar Chavez come home tomorrow and my son is around the house making sure everything is in order.  If he goes to the crate one more time I think I will put him in it lol.  So knowing the the weekend will be pretty busy for us starting tomorrow with an hours drive to and fro and a pick-up time at 12p there will be no DIYing here.  So, I managed (with my sick tail) to finish our "pop of color" for our welcome dinner.  The quotes were taken from the bible passage 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 all except "Love is Wright"  ;-) 

Beginning of Straws.JPGstraws4.jpg

#3333 YWS2012

YWS2012
      • 393 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:18 AM

GREAT JOB EVERYTHING LOOKS AMAZING !!!!!!!.

And, now, possibly the favorite thing I've made so far!  Passport Welcome Booklets.  THANK YOU to all the brides who have posted their passports and to Beck for her planning tips.  This took me AGES, but I love them.  :)  I hope our guests do, too!  Enjoy.

P.S.  I apologize for the long post!!  There's 24 pages, I think.  And there's pages of Spanish & Puzzles, which I didn't post.  I felt I was already going overboard posting this, LOL!!  xoxo

And ------ drumroll, please ------ the project that's taken me the absolute longest..... the OOT bags + Passport Welcome Booklets (on next post)!! 

I screenprinted on the logos on these bad boys:

OOT bag picture.jpg

Here's a closeup on the tags I made for the bags:  (each tag has different charms - seashells, sanddollars, compasses, starfish + an inspiring word like Life, Love, etc.)

OOT bag tag.jpg

Here's the bag with the contents:  (underwater camera, Oh Sh*t Kit, Door Knob Hanger, Passport Welcome Book, Playing Cards, Key Holder, and cards for our Time Capsule guest book.)

OOT Bag flash contents below.jpg

Close-up of the key holder:

Key Holder.jpg

Our Oh Sh*t Kits:

Oh Sht Kit Pic.jpg

#3334 alaharri

alaharri
        • 41 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:13 AM

I am sorry to hear this.  We all have been issues like these.  I have been fighting with my MOH for days now over her unwillingness to pack her bouquet of 6 flowers in her own luggage. 

OMG! After hearing story after story of brides having difficulties with family and the wedding party I was so glad we kept our list small and only our very close friends and family. Now 65 days out my FI bestman just TEXTED he wont be coming. I am so pissed. How do you agree to be a bestman, not the grooms man, not a guest but a BESTMAN and not follow through! My FI is trying to be understanding but I just don't get it. Nothing would keep me from my bestfriends wedding! WTF!

#3335 alaharri

alaharri
          • 41 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:31 AM

I was planning on making paper funnels for flower petals, as well.  Yours looks great!  What did you use to secure it--staples, double-sided tape??  I was getting ready to start messing with it, but hadn't figured out what method would be the best.

Originally Posted by ndvidul 

So, the DIY Lab has indeed been "smoking" hot, haha!  Love that phrase!

Here are some little goodies I've been working on:

These will hold our blue and white petals in, which guests will toss at the end of the ceremony, and will go in the sand in front of each chair on the beach.  The heart tag says "Love."

Petal cone holder.jpg

I had these stamps already for other projects and thought --- why not buy napkins for $2.50 and stamp them quickly for an added personal touch for the cocktail hour? :)

Cocktail napkin stack.jpg

#3336 ndvidul

ndvidul
            • 317 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:16 PM

First, I used double-sided tape.  Then, at the ends, I hot glued them to make sure they stayed together.  (My paper is heavy cardstock, so double-sided tape just isn't strong enough.)  The twine is actually threaded through the paper, too, so it helps it stay together as well.  :)  Good luck on yours!!  Hope you post pics!

Originally Posted by alaharri 

I was planning on making paper funnels for flower petals, as well.  Yours looks great!  What did you use to secure it--staples, double-sided tape??  I was getting ready to start messing with it, but hadn't figured out what method would be the best.

#3337 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
              • 2,136 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:34 PM

These are great!

Originally Posted by ChipmunkRN 

Oh, Coco --- I forgot ---- how EXCITING that Cesar arrives tomorrow!!!  Congratulations!  I can't wait to hear about his arrival!

#3338 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
                • 2,136 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:40 PM

Damn ndvidul we need to come to your planning school.  I'll sign up for sure.  WONDERFUL JOB!!!!

Originally Posted by ndvidul 

So, the DIY Lab has indeed been "smoking" hot, haha!  Love that phrase!

Here are some little goodies I've been working on:

These will hold our blue and white petals in, which guests will toss at the end of the ceremony, and will go in the sand in front of each chair on the beach.  The heart tag says "Love."

And ------ drumroll, please ------ the project that's taken me the absolute longest..... the OOT bags + Passport Welcome Booklets (on next post)!! 

And, now, possibly the favorite thing I've made so far!  Passport Welcome Booklets.  THANK YOU to all the brides who have posted their passports and to Beck for her planning tips.  This took me AGES, but I love them.  :)  I hope our guests do, too!  Enjoy.

P.S.  I apologize for the long post!!  There's 24 pages, I think.  And there's pages of Spanish & Puzzles, which I didn't post.  I felt I was already going overboard posting this, LOL!!  xoxo

Welc book cover twined.jpg

Welc book inside cover safe to post.jpg

There's 5 pages of this of all our guests.  I just posted one to give you the feel.

Welc book facebook.jpg

Welc book itinerary.jpgWelc book map.jpg

welc book restaurants.jpg

Welc book activities.jpg

welc book resort credit.jpg

#3339 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
                  • 2,136 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:50 PM

Hello Chicas,

A quick update, Cesar is home and did an excellent job in the car.  We went to PetSmart and the ladies tried to steel him from us already ;-)  He is home and slowly getting use to his new pad which he did the number 1 twice.... but we were prepared for this. 

Cesar in the car nestled between my grandma and son.

Cessar in car.jpg

to my surprise when I got in the house were several packages for Cesar and also our photobox which will serve as our guestbook (The butterfly and beach 4x6 cards that I made and posted several post back)  So excited and can't wait for FI to get home. 

Front

Our guestbook.jpg

back of guestbook.jpg

Both Sides

side guestbook.jpgside 2 guestbook.jpg

More Cesar Updates later ;-)  Have a great weekend

#3340 merrylee

merrylee
                    • 687 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:57 AM

Yes you can use resort credits to take a limo back to the airport, we did this as we had so many left over from my SIL's wedding that I Think we actually all did this option

Originally Posted by mrsbruff2b 

Also I read on a review on Tripadvisor that someone was able to use their resort credit on a limo to take them back to the airport.  Can anyone confirm this?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users