Photo

Moon Palace 2012 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#2281 ndvidul

ndvidul
  • 317 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:31 AM

Thanks, Coco.  I'll definitely check out that saw kit today --- if they think I can get a clean cut with it.  Was thinking I could prob paint the bottoms to blend in afterwards.

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 

Ndvidul,
    Your flowers came out great!! And very natural. Good use of the burlap as that definitely tie on the natural look & feel that you were going for. There is a great saw kit at Michaels that I used for the base it was about $8 & the saw itself about the same. However it Woukd be hard to use on a finished project such as your bouquet. Maybe going forward this Would help.
    Awe you are such a sweetie to have remembered & thought of us. We are so in love with our theme and all that it stands for. May your day be as beautiful as your Spirit!! Muah

#2282 ndvidul

ndvidul
    • 317 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:34 AM

How heartbreaking, Jamie.  So sorry to hear that.  To add to what Chipmunk said, you might want to check Craigslist.  I've had friends who find their things on there afterwards.  Sending you a big hug from STL. 

Hey Girls!

I am sooo sad!  Our house was broken into yesterday while we were at work!  :(  They took ALL of my jewelry and that includes ALL the jewelry I inherited from my mom when she died. Let's just say, it was worth a lot money wise and sentimentally!!!!  I was going to put it all in a safety deposit box shortly too!  I am soooo very sad!  They have everything, everything that I have gotten over the years from grandparents, etc....I thankfully have my the jewelry I was wearing (engagement ring, bulova watch and tiffany necklace)  But that's it for all my nice jewelry.  They also took our crappy laptop and all of our change.  They didn't take coach purses or gucci purse but all the change out of those purses?    Not sure how they found all my jewelry, but they did!   Lesson learned.  Anything worth that much, put in a safe or safety deposit box.  The kicker is....our homeowner insurance probably won't cover it either!!!!  I want to beat the MOFOs up that did this!!!! 

#2283 Jamie5280

Jamie5280
      • 675 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:49 AM

Thanks ladies!  I just talked to FI and insurance is only going to give us $500 for my jewelry!!!  Apparently we didn't have the right coverage!  How the hell were we supposed to know that?  Our insurance agent should have made sure we were covered all over the board!  For her not to even mention jewelry insurance and inheritance insurance is so upsetting to me!  We don't do insurance, we figured our policy had us covered!  :(  So needless to say I am crying all over again and probably going to have to leave work!  Doesn't seem appropriate to be weeping at work!  :(

Everyone keeps saying to look at pawn shops, but there are soo many, not sure where to start????  So sad!!!!  Thanks for the love!!!  :)

#2284 leenancy

leenancy
        • 212 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:47 PM

Oh no!! So so sorry Jamie!! I'm so upset for you! I wish there was a way I could make you feel better about it all, but you must be so heartbroken right now

Hey Girls!

I am sooo sad!  Our house was broken into yesterday while we were at work!  :(  They took ALL of my jewelry and that includes ALL the jewelry I inherited from my mom when she died. Let's just say, it was worth a lot money wise and sentimentally!!!!  I was going to put it all in a safety deposit box shortly too!  I am soooo very sad!  They have everything, everything that I have gotten over the years from grandparents, etc....I thankfully have my the jewelry I was wearing (engagement ring, bulova watch and tiffany necklace)  But that's it for all my nice jewelry.  They also took our crappy laptop and all of our change.  They didn't take coach purses or gucci purse but all the change out of those purses?    Not sure how they found all my jewelry, but they did!   Lesson learned.  Anything worth that much, put in a safe or safety deposit box.  The kicker is....our homeowner insurance probably won't cover it either!!!!  I want to beat the MOFOs up that did this!!!! 

05.27.2012 @ Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

38 Guests + Bride & Groom Booked, 79 Room Nights

10 Guests Booked @ Other Resorts
          2 Guests booked through other services

#2285 SummerDawn

SummerDawn
          • 324 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:53 PM

I'm so sorry to hear this. I know there are probably lots of pawn shops around you but its definitly worth it to spend a day looking for your stuff. Thats usually where theives go and they usually go there fast. And also craigslist! Our thoughts and prayers are with you as this must be so difficult for you!!

Originally Posted by Jamie5280 

Thanks ladies!  I just talked to FI and insurance is only going to give us $500 for my jewelry!!!  Apparently we didn't have the right coverage!  How the hell were we supposed to know that?  Our insurance agent should have made sure we were covered all over the board!  For her not to even mention jewelry insurance and inheritance insurance is so upsetting to me!  We don't do insurance, we figured our policy had us covered!  :(  So needless to say I am crying all over again and probably going to have to leave work!  Doesn't seem appropriate to be weeping at work!  :(

Everyone keeps saying to look at pawn shops, but there are soo many, not sure where to start????  So sad!!!!  Thanks for the love!!!  :)

#2286 SummerDawn

SummerDawn
            • 324 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:54 PM

Love love love your flowers. Wow! They look amaaaaazing!!!

Originally Posted by ndvidul 

Well, it's not completely finished, but it's getting there!  Here's my DIY bridal bouquet so far. 

The white "ribbon" is paper in the pic just to see how it looks.  I'll go get the white ribbon from Michael's tomorrow to do it for real. 

It ended up not being as big as I'd planned, but I still love it!!!! 

Not sure if I'll add the swav. crystals in some of the blooms or not.  I kind of like the more natural look, especially with the burlap (which I LOVE).   I will also need to get the end trimmed somehow so that there's only an inch below the burlap showing.  I want it cleanly cut across.  Any ideas on how to do this??  Home Depot??  (The stakes are wooden.)

Will post the final pics!  Hopefully I finish tomorrow.  Then, it's off to make the bridesmaids' bouquets!  Woo Hoo!!!! 

Finish Bouquet with TENTATIVE ribbon & burlap.jpg

On a completely unrelated note to this bouquet....

Coconoir -- I found this pic in my phone as I was trying to upload the bouquet pic.  I thought of you and your theme of metamorphosis with the butterfly!!  My FI and I went to a butterfly house some odd weeks ago, and it was a completely magical experience.  We even saw butterflies emerging from cocoons and others taking their first flight.  I love how the pic says the Magic of Metamorphosis.  I know your journey with your Hubby-to-be will be magical as you both take flight.  Love!

For Coco.jpg

#2287 alaharri

alaharri
              • 41 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:39 PM

That's awful!  I'm so sorry!

#2288 summer12

summer12
                • Site Supporter
                • 156 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:55 PM

welcome baaaacckkk!!

Hi Everyone!

After disappearing for almost two months, I'm baaacckkk! I started grad school in September, and I have had to step away from wedding planning for a while, with all the reading and studying I hardly have time to sleep! Thank goodness, I was off for the majority of this year and had time to do a ton of wedding projects before the start of the academic quarter. I've taken some time to catch up on the thread, Congrats to all of the newbies and great job on all of your projects! So far, I've:

• bought my dress (Yay!)
                  • finished and mailed DIY passport invites
                  • fought with Palace on the conversion of the Cancun Palace to the Hard Rock..they have less than stellar customer service
                  • taken engagement pics
                  • completed welcome bags
                  • ...and taken midterms

As soon as my schedule frees up a little more, I will share pics of everything.

Continued Happy Planning!

#2289 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
                  • 2,136 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:30 PM

Well Ladies,

Today was certainly a mixed day...  I was able to print 25 pages of our welcome book, get a report done by 10am, and prepare myself mentally for Jury Duty.  And then, my Lead Clinician/Risk Quality Director advised me that she will resign in December.  What is a VP to do without her right hand woman? Well, definitely recruit and recruit hard to find someone of her caliber but my heart knows that it will take 3 people to equal her weight in gold.    So I wily definitely have a meeting with my CEO to change our strategic plan for mid-late 2012 projects. 

Okay so while my head was pounding because of the news, I headed home to relax.  But went to get 2 magazines for my long wait at court tomorrow.  So, after my son's homework and dinner was prepared, I called the automated number and the damn auto man told me that "I was excused"  WTH... I was looking forward to sitting, reading my magazines with no access to my cell or computer (well not that part) but damn I did not want to go to work.. UGH>>>>>  Well since I can't wear jeans tomorrow I need to iron something for work.

Okay, the good news is I received my gold card from Michaels, I was so hard this time I have a key fob.  Gold Card member.jpg

So, I will take advantage of the work day by heading in early to print. 

#2290 LurkerDan

LurkerDan
                    • 61 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:54 PM

Grrr, I hate when websites change up their links. I just noticed that Moon Palace must have done this fairly recently, and the link we had in our "save the date" email (which we wrote a few weeks ago) had the old link. It still takes you to the Palace Resorts, but to a "page not found". :( I guess this is a lesson to check everything again at the last minute.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users