Jump to content

Recommended Posts

wow..congrats on your 5k!! and remember through all these weddings, just to breathe!!

 

since your a hair/makeup artist..who are you using for your hair/makeup for your wedding??

Originally Posted by Krystabab143 View Post

As for myself i feel like ive been dragging with any wedding diy for myself.. I am a makeup artist and stylist and have 6 of my closest gfs getting married this year and 3 next year.. yeah its a crazy year lol! ive been asked to do all the hair and makeup for each one of these weddings. last month i had one to attend, 2 this month, and 2 next month.. on top of bridal showers, jack and jills and bachelorette parties..CRAZY!  in the meantime i did my first 5K which i was very proud of accomplishing and trying to get some wedding things checked of my list.

 

 

I confirmed the dj.. we went with DJ mannia.. and COCO after your reaction to them im VERY nervous!.. another question for you.. did you just pay a day pass for them?

 

 

i also confirmed mt photographer.. i am flying her and her 2nd photographer out to cancun because them did such an amazing job on our engagment photos and offered to do a bunch of extra things for us so thats exciting... they are staying for 4 nights and on our guest list so i believe i should be ok with them even though they are an "outside vendor"

 

i love seeing more nov and dec brides on here... its getting closer for us now!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey there,

 

Please friend me on facebook again.. I didn't mean to ignore!!!  Totally forgot your BDW name.

 

Okay now onto the major stuff...  I paid for 2 day passes for them! Just have a back-up CD! 

Originally Posted by Krystabab143 View Post

As for myself i feel like ive been dragging with any wedding diy for myself.. I am a makeup artist and stylist and have 6 of my closest gfs getting married this year and 3 next year.. yeah its a crazy year lol! ive been asked to do all the hair and makeup for each one of these weddings. last month i had one to attend, 2 this month, and 2 next month.. on top of bridal showers, jack and jills and bachelorette parties..CRAZY!  in the meantime i did my first 5K which i was very proud of accomplishing and trying to get some wedding things checked of my list.

 

 

I confirmed the dj.. we went with DJ mannia.. and COCO after your reaction to them im VERY nervous!.. another question for you.. did you just pay a day pass for them?

 

 

i also confirmed mt photographer.. i am flying her and her 2nd photographer out to cancun because them did such an amazing job on our engagment photos and offered to do a bunch of extra things for us so thats exciting... they are staying for 4 nights and on our guest list so i believe i should be ok with them even though they are an "outside vendor"

 

i love seeing more nov and dec brides on here... its getting closer for us now!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats on your 5k! Great accomplishment! Are you going to run a half now? I went from a 5K to a half and can't wait to run another one! It's hard work but so worth is when it's over!

Originally Posted by Krystabab143 View Post

As for myself i feel like ive been dragging with any wedding diy for myself.. I am a makeup artist and stylist and have 6 of my closest gfs getting married this year and 3 next year.. yeah its a crazy year lol! ive been asked to do all the hair and makeup for each one of these weddings. last month i had one to attend, 2 this month, and 2 next month.. on top of bridal showers, jack and jills and bachelorette parties..CRAZY!  in the meantime i did my first 5K which i was very proud of accomplishing and trying to get some wedding things checked of my list.

 

 

I confirmed the dj.. we went with DJ mannia.. and COCO after your reaction to them im VERY nervous!.. another question for you.. did you just pay a day pass for them?

 

 

i also confirmed mt photographer.. i am flying her and her 2nd photographer out to cancun because them did such an amazing job on our engagment photos and offered to do a bunch of extra things for us so thats exciting... they are staying for 4 nights and on our guest list so i believe i should be ok with them even though they are an "outside vendor"

 

i love seeing more nov and dec brides on here... its getting closer for us now!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would email Zuniga directly. I am working with Katie and her email is katie@decocancun.com.  She takes a couple of days to respond, so my suggestion would be to put your wedding date in the email. 

Originally Posted by amleigh123 View Post

evil.gif Joannis no longer responds to my emails. We leave in a week and I still need to coordinate with Zuniga. Yikes, now i'm worried. I'm all paid up for everything before arriving, but i'll bring my proposal/emails/credit card statement and i'm pretty sure it will be ok.  I will be calling Miami on Friday to raise hell! We have  $530 credit after using our resort credits, and I need to organize the rest of the decor etc. i'm so irritated that neither Valeria or Joannis are responding, as they were both SOOO responsive up until now. GRRR. 

 

On a side note though, what an awesome forum!! i can't believe I only found this a week before we leave! Anyone else marrying May 18-25?

 

I was feeling frustrated about this too when I was 90 days out and hadn't been in touch with Joannis or my onsite coordinator.  I asked Joannis about it when I did speak to her. She said that the onsite coordinators are often running around the resort putting on weddings all day so they don't have a lot of time to respond to emails.  After reading the reviews from the other recent brides, they also confirmed that they bend over backwards for you at the resort so don't worry about it.  You still have some time and technically, they aren't supposed to secure your locations until 90 days out.  Joannis has been a lot better about responding me lately and I'm assuming that's because we're getting closer to the point where we have finalize things.  I've been taking Coco's advice and sending a long list of questions at a time.  It'll get better the closer you get.  I hope this helps!

 

Originally Posted by Mca1116 View Post

It is so ridiculouse that we cannot get in touch with our wedding coordinators.  All I want to do is secure my locations and make sure my horse and carriage ride is reserved since it was already paid for on my honeymoon wishes registry!! Sooo frustrating. 

 

Congratulations on the 5K!!  The fact that you had time for that is amazing.

Originally Posted by Krystabab143 View Post

As for myself i feel like ive been dragging with any wedding diy for myself.. I am a makeup artist and stylist and have 6 of my closest gfs getting married this year and 3 next year.. yeah its a crazy year lol! ive been asked to do all the hair and makeup for each one of these weddings. last month i had one to attend, 2 this month, and 2 next month.. on top of bridal showers, jack and jills and bachelorette parties..CRAZY!  in the meantime i did my first 5K which i was very proud of accomplishing and trying to get some wedding things checked of my list.

 

 

I confirmed the dj.. we went with DJ mannia.. and COCO after your reaction to them im VERY nervous!.. another question for you.. did you just pay a day pass for them?

 

 

i also confirmed mt photographer.. i am flying her and her 2nd photographer out to cancun because them did such an amazing job on our engagment photos and offered to do a bunch of extra things for us so thats exciting... they are staying for 4 nights and on our guest list so i believe i should be ok with them even though they are an "outside vendor"

 

i love seeing more nov and dec brides on here... its getting closer for us now!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm back!  I can't even describe in words how amazing it was! The best day and a real dream come true.  I'm still feeling like it was all a fairy tale. We had perfect weather, everything turned out great and we all had a blast!  Just wanted to share a few shots with all you brides! Oh and Congrats to all the newly married ladies!!!!!!!  Woohooo!!!

_MG_1753.jpgIMH_6862_5D.jpgIMH_6505_5D.jpg400IMH_6479_5D.jpg_MG_1884.jpgIMH_6771_5D.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speckles121: Thank you! I'm actually doing my own hair and makeup because I know I won't be happy with anyone else doing it.. The girls and family are going to the spa and I've decided to try and resist and not do any touch ups on them but I don't know if I'll be able to stop myself lol! I planned a boudoir shoot while the girls are getting ready so I think that will keep me distracted enough lol! Coconoir: I'll send you it again I figured I hadn't posted in a while so you might not have recognized it.. I'll Make sure to bring a cd! Thanks for the warning.. Maybe even a backup iPod haha! Did they give you any issues with the day passes? Mrsjdh2b: the 5k we did was so much fun! It was alled run for your lives and it's a 5k plus obsticals and it was zombie themed! Haha! Now I can't wait to do another one.. I just signed up for warrior dash June 10th I can't wait! My gfs are trying to talk me Into the half marathon tough Mudder in a couple Months but I need to take one at a time haha! But they are addicting! Almostmrsrjf: thank you! One day at a time for me! Haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MCA I see your wedding date is Nov 10th.  I'm sorry to tell you this, but my wedding is June 10th and I just secured my locations a few weeks ago.  I wouldn't worry aobut he carriage ride as I have never heard of that not being available.  It is very frustrating as people who get married here in the states reserve their lcoations sometimes years in advance but they will not let you until 2 months prior thatswck.gif

 

I have taken comfort in knowing that there are many beautiful locations to choose from.  On that note, I finally had to call Moon Palace to get someone to listen to me (but I was less than 60 days out at the time, before that I only dealt with them via email).  Also I went through like 4 coordinators.

Originally Posted by Mca1116 View Post

It is so ridiculouse that we cannot get in touch with our wedding coordinators.  All I want to do is secure my locations and make sure my horse and carriage ride is reserved since it was already paid for on my honeymoon wishes registry!! Sooo frustrating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are two more recent reviews on DJ Mannia that were posted.  Ironic that one other bride got married the same day as I did, and another bride.  Both at different locations.  One was good, the other bad.  Music is TOTALLY too important for us.  I would do both..bring your CD and give it to your MOH or best man and let them know the deal (we had this planned when I didn't hear any of the music I requested over dinner.)  I gave him 2 songs over the reception to get it right and he didn't so in went the CD.  They should have an ipod hook-up I gather but I wouldn't feel comfotrable giving then my equipment so to speak when they should come prepared.  If you do the latter then make a play list just for that

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krystabab143 View Post

Speckles121: Thank you! I'm actually doing my own hair and makeup because I know I won't be happy with anyone else doing it.. The girls and family are going to the spa and I've decided to try and resist and not do any touch ups on them but I don't know if I'll be able to stop myself lol! I planned a boudoir shoot while the girls are getting ready so I think that will keep me distracted enough lol!
Coconoir: I'll send you it again I figured I hadn't posted in a while so you might not have recognized it.. I'll
Make sure to bring a cd! Thanks for the warning.. Maybe even a backup iPod haha! Did they give you any issues with the day passes?
Mrsjdh2b: the 5k we did was so much fun! It was alled run for your lives and it's a 5k plus obsticals and it was zombie themed! Haha! Now I can't wait to do another one.. I just signed up for warrior dash June 10th I can't wait! My gfs are trying to talk me
Into the half marathon tough Mudder in a couple
Months but I need to take one at a time haha! But they are addicting!
Almostmrsrjf: thank you! One day at a time for me! Haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone have a phone number for Valeria?

 

We have a welcome lunch the first day (or at least we're supposed to) and she has confirmed that the location is 'a terrace' but no communication on which one! There are like 8 terraces. 

I need to let our guests know where to go! i don't want to have to just meet in the lobby and shepherd them all there.... 

I get that they are really helpful when we get there, but our meeting is at 10am on the first day, and our private function lunch is supposed to be at 11:30 that first day, so I need to know ahead of time, and email isn't really cutting it. 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×