How many suitcases did you take?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Amanda Gardner

Amanda Gardner
  • 200 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by SoontobeWifey 

how is it bringing a dress on a plane? Did you girls call the airline before hand?

Most brides I have read on here said to get on as close to first as you can and they can put it in the first class closet, but if the closet is full then it has to go in a bin.

#22 MoniqueJ

MoniqueJ
    • 52 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:20 PM

i was thinking of shipping my OOT bags so I wouldn't have the suitcase issue, guess I need to start pricing that!

#23 Mufin1785

Mufin1785
      • 438 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

2 large Tupperware containers a checked piece of luggage and 2 carry-on suitcases. 

#24 LoriGran

LoriGran
        • 339 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 25, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Rivera Maya
        • LocationMexico

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

Good to know!!! Thanks for sharing!!

#25 Make2dayAmazing

Make2dayAmazing
        • 164 posts
        • Wedding Date:February 21, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Melia Caribe Tropical
        • LocationDominican Republic

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:31 AM

Ahhh I am hoping for 2. Besides any wedding stuff we are taking, we also have all of our scuba diving equipment. It adds up so fast!

#26 nursemorgan

nursemorgan
        • 166 posts
        • Wedding Date:May 6, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Trunk Bay, St John USVI
        • LocationCape May, NJ

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:22 AM

@ladydi1844 leaving old suitcases at the location is the best tip ever!! I will definitely be looking into doing this! thank you!

@Mufin1785 I really like the tupperware bin suggestion as well because then you can just trash the bins while you are down there. Do you know if there is any difference with checking a tupperware than checking a suitcase? Or is it the same weight rules?

Also, do I need to call the airline ahead of time about bringing my dress on the plane? Does this count as my carryon for Spirit Airlines?

#27 kbride2014

kbride2014
        • 175 posts
          • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:29 AM

Give the welcome bags to your close guests before you leave! It is too much to be taking all of them with you! It would be easier for you and your guests would def. understand, and won't have to pack double the stuff you are giving them.

#28 nettybon

nettybon
          • 153 posts
          • Wedding Date:April 4, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Punta Cana
          • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:47 PM

@ladydi1844 leaving old suitcases at the location is the best tip ever!! I will definitely be looking into doing this! thank you!

@Mufin1785 I really like the tupperware bin suggestion as well because then you can just trash the bins while you are down there. Do you know if there is any difference with checking a tupperware than checking a suitcase? Or is it the same weight rules?

Also, do I need to call the airline ahead of time about bringing my dress on the plane? Does this count as my carryon for Spirit Airlines?

I would also like to know about the tupperware bin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users