Photo

How many suitcases did you take?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 shelbygirl

shelbygirl
  • 186 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:21 PM

I'm trying to decide whether to do OOT bags or not.  When I showed my FH pictures of other brides OOT bags, his response was, "We have to haul all of that there??"  I was planning on taking 3 suitcases(1 suitcase would be for decorations and OOT bags) ...check 2, 1 carry on and my dress. I'm wondering how many bags past brides took. If you felt it was worth it or was it a hassel. 

#2 ckntb

ckntb
    • 122 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 09:08 PM

Have you checked the weight allowance with your airline?  I was looking at ours and we are allowed 1 20kg bag each...I think we're going to have to add luggage with what we have for our OOT bags and ceremony stuff!

#3 stella331

stella331
      • 247 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:24 PM

I have such anxiety about this. I feel like 3 is the most we can handle. I hope everything fits.
        46 booked and counting!

#4 SunsetLove

SunsetLove
        • 156 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:31 AM

I am worried about this as well. Are you typically allowed a carry on AND your dress? Or is your dress your carry on? I am probably going to have to check at least 2 suitcases...1 for clothing, toiletries, etc & 1 for OOT bags and decorations...wouldn't doubt if I needed a 3rd!

#5 Kristy28

Kristy28
          • 160 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:10 AM

we were also thinking 3 suitcases. One for each of us which will have wedding stuff in them and one for decorations and OOT bags. Our family and bridal party may also be bringing some stuff

Wedding booked for December 12, 2012 at the RIU Ocho Rio....cannot wait.....it will be the best day of our lives

#6 ladydi1844

ladydi1844
            • Site Supporter
            • 252 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:21 AM

I just came back from my wedding in Mexico and I wish I had put some thought into this before I went lol. I had 8 suitcases. 3 personal ones and 5 wedding with 2 and a half being OOT bag stuff. It is so easy to get carried away and the 50 pound limit really hurts. If you are over 50 pounds than it is $200 a bag where as if you are 50 pounds it is $40 a bag. Your dress does not count as a carry on it is considered a special carry on and you can still have ur personal bag and a carry on. Try to make your stuff act as double duty. If it will work at the ceremony make sure you can use it for the reception. I had a lot of breakables and wasted a lot of space on packing it but the OOT bag stuff was the biggest nightmare. I wish I would have really reconsidered that but i have to admit everyone did love their stuff ;) 

One tip we did a collection of friends and family for their old luggage that they didn't want anymore and we left 4 suitcases behind in Mexico so at least we didn't have to bring it back!

#7 bride81

bride81
              • 216 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:02 PM

This is what I am most afraid of!!  How many suitcases to bring or have my family bring!  I am curious to see what others are doing/have done!  This is helpful to figure out what to pay for and what to DIY

#8 janette34

janette34
                • 417 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:40 AM

I'm up to 5, 2 for clothes and shoes and the other 3 contain OOT bags and reception decor.  Our airline allows 2 bags per person with a max combined weight of 55 lbs.  My brother and his family will take one of our suitcases since they have an allowance of 10 pieces of luggage between them and then we'll give another suitcase to one of our parents to take. 

#9 JayKay

JayKay
                  • 3,472 posts
                  • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
                  • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
                  • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:51 AM

We each took a large suitcase that we checked (I think we were allowed 55lbs in each one) and then each brought a carryon, and I brought a purse and my wedding dress on board.  Thats all our airline allowed us to take so we made due.  In the end we ended up giving some of our OOT bag contents to family members who had a little bit extra space in their suitcases.  We didn't bring much extra though so we were able to fit it all in no problem.

#10 beachbride2013

beachbride2013
                  • 198 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

I am hoping to have 2 checked suitcases, my purse (really a bag) and my dress. (Then whatever my FI has to bring).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users