~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 8,680 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
  • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
  • LocationUtah

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:20 AM

I know, I have just over a month to go and we still can't decide on a first dance song.....

We can't agree at all... so now I'm comming to you all for some good ideas He wanted Nickelback "miss you" I said no way.... then he said "hey there delilah" and I replied wtih how do we dance to that?!

It can't be too long, FH isn't the best dancer and I don't want no 5 minutes with all eyes on us.. haha

I love country but whenever I suggest anything to him he says no almost immediatley. I wanted etta james "at last" he said nothing like that or frank sinatra.

I'm at loss... and I don't know where to go from here. His taste and mine are very different. SO I'm going to lean towards his taste (alternative/rock) but with some good lyrics, not too long, and something danceable.

Please Help!

#2 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
  • 5,248 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:23 AM

How about Edwin McCain "I'll Be"?

It's too bad he wouldn't do "At Last" b/c that is a quick song!

#3 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,680 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
    • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
    • LocationUtah

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:28 AM

I know and I think that's such a great wedding song....

thanks for the suggestion. I plan on showing him this thread when he gets home so put on your thinking caps peeps!

#4 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
    • VIP Member
    • 2,861 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:29 AM

You know what country song I actually like "amazed" by Lonestar. Its really pretty. I am really pushing for "Bed of Roses" by Bon Jovi but Robin is so against it!!

#5 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
      • 5,248 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:32 AM

I'm sorry I can't really help but I don't know a lot of alternative/rock lovey dovey songs. Hmmm I will have to really think about this...I'll be back.

#6 Spazz

Spazz
        • VIP Member
        • 10,482 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:32 AM

I want my song to be "Thank You" by Led Zeppelin...the lyrics are so great, but it is sorta hard to dance to. (My FI wants Elvis...ahh!) Ask him what he thinks about "Thank You", if he likes rock, he probably likes that song.

#7 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:34 AM

well i let paul surprise me with our first dance - and am so happy i did!

Ronan Keating - This I Promise You

#8 MelissaH

MelissaH
            • 1,724 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 11:25 AM

What about something like Thank You for Loving Me by Bon Jovi? It's still lovey dovey but rock...

I dunno...because it's Bon Jovi he'd probably laugh....I'll keep thinking!

#9 MelissaH

MelissaH
              • 1,724 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 11:27 AM

Ooooh uhmm...Dance With You by Live....gooood song and totally fitting for a DW too!! The first little bit is about sitting on a beach and the sea and all that...

Or something by Van Morrison? They have a lot of songs that you could use as a first dance song...like...Into the Mystic (I think that's what it's called)

#10 JulieG

JulieG
                • VIP Member
                • 8,323 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 11:34 AM

We are having the exact same problem, exactly. Except that I listen to alternative rock and he listens to old school rock. So, we can't decide on anything. I think country would be odd if you are not country fans, people would think we went crazy if we danced to a country song.

I can come up with lots of ideas for you, I just need a little time. No Nickelback please, that stuff is just trashy pop wanna be rock crap. Sorry to fans of them, I just hate them.

Some that I love are Trying and You and Me by Lifehouse (both short songs). Nothing Else Matters by Metallica.

Ben Harper - he has lots of awesome songs like Forever.

Jack Johnson has lots of songs.

Oooh, 1 song I love - I think its called Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol (not sure of the song name, but its Snow Patrol for sure)

COLDPLAY – THE SCIENTIST

FYI, to get over the long song thing, we are having the wedding party join us half way through, because we also do not want to be looked at for 5 whole mins while spinning around. lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users