Photo

tanning bed or spray tan?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 jenniferkuhr

jenniferkuhr
  • 162 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:44 PM

I got a spray tan for the engagement pics and will indulge just this once on some tanning bed sessions before we leave.  Don’t want to be pasty or charred red for the big day!

#32 bittersweetD1

bittersweetD1
    • 17 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:30 AM

DO NOT use a tanning bed!  The immediate results are nice but they cause sun damage and premature skin aging (wrinkles, dark spots, sagging)!!!  Not to mention skin cancer!!

Find a self tanner or spray tanner that you like...there a million options out there that you don't need to be permanently harming yourself!

#33 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
      • 1,008 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:37 AM

My first job was at a tanning salon and I would definitely recommend to go tanning before the wedding. A lot of tanning salons will even offer you a package for your bridesmaids also!!! Start out sloooow in the tanning max 5 minutes to start and work your way up. I would really say to go in a bed or a booth about 10 - 12 times and then add in at least 2 or 3 ultra bronze sessions before you leave for your trip!!

#34 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
        • 1,008 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:39 AM

There are tanning beds with 99% bronzing rays and 1% burning rays so rarely anybody burns in them. Ultra bronzers you should checkout your local tanning salons and see what they offer...

Originally Posted by lesee 

ME TOO! Except for I don't tan and get a lot of freckles and have pink sunburned skin. I was thinking of doing the St Tropez self tanning but I don't want to have it come off my dress. Does anyone have exeperience with that particular brand?

#35 philanab

philanab
          • 178 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:18 PM

I will be using a tanning bed, I don't burn easily but I still won't be leaving anything to chance!! I'll get a nice tan at home and won't have to worry about tan lines for my wedding. Might even encourage my FI to tan a bit before we go too!

#36 JayKay

JayKay
            • 3,472 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
            • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
            • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:03 PM

I will definately be tanning before we leave, if I don't I know I will look like a lobster on my wedding day, which is what I don't want.  Its probably going to take me a few months to get an optimal tan though, as I burn easily!

#37 zbwedding

zbwedding
            • 156 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:16 PM

I burn so easily, so I have to tan a bit before we go and get a nice base tan.  The rest of the trip I'll likely use SPF 50!  lol

#38 pfeiffla

pfeiffla
              • 155 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:52 PM

I've done the spray tan before too and loved the results.  I wasn't swimming afterwards though.  My sister said that if I do the spray tan before the wedding, it would come off and look weird when I get my pedicure!  Will it scrub off?  This could be bad!

Originally Posted by ammorris17 

I love spray tan! It's fast and easy!

#39 maudy mac

maudy mac
                • 31 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:21 PM

wouldn't touch a tanning bed!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users