Photo

tanning bed or spray tan?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 bride2be31011

bride2be31011
  • 79 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:41 PM

I'm pretty pail skinned and would really like to tan before our wedding.  I've never done the whole spray tan thing and would like some input on the idea.  Would it be better to do a spray tan or just stick with the tanning bed and go for a couple months before?!

#2 MsClarke724

MsClarke724
    • 244 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:07 PM

I would say real tanning if you are going to be in the sun anyway for your wedding trip.  That will at least give you a base.  However, if you do decide to do spray tanning, I would find someone that airbrushes.  It is much better than standing in a booth.  Also, it depends how long before your wedding you will be there because spray tan will fade quickly if you decide to swim.  I love spray tan, but I will be "real tanning" before my wedding trip. :)

#3 bride2be31011

bride2be31011
      • 79 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:16 AM

Our wedding is in March in San Diego, so I'm not sure how much swimming we will be doing.  But I honestly have never tried the spray tan, because I've always been afraid to.  I've seen girls that have had it done and they always look "orangey" to me? We are going to be there Mon - Sat with the wedding being on Thurs. So I was thinking that I would start tanning in December, just so I can get a nice glow :)

#4 richarsd

richarsd
        • 331 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:41 PM

I will be getting a spray tan before leaving for our wedding but that's out of necessity...I don't don't tan the "normal" way, whether by the actual sun or a booth so if I want some colour, it needs to be fake. I've gotten spray tans through iTan before (they use the latest edition of the Mystic Tanning Booths) and loved the results. Not at all orangey, looked very natural and I'm pretty fair skinned to begin with. BUT it's true - spray tans do not hold up well at all in salt water or probably chlorine for that matter. From my experience, they are completely faded within 3 days if you're going to be in the water daily...so I will probably limit my time in the water until my wedding (which is on day 3, haha).

#5 dmkn77

dmkn77
          • 164 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:01 PM

I will need to tan beforehand, and very slowly as I burn immediatly. It will help not to get burned within the first few days before the wedding. I don't think spray tans can prevent you from burning. That's my #1 reason for tanning before vacations!

#6 ammorris17

ammorris17
            • 161 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 02:05 PM

I love spray tan! It's fast and easy!

#7 richarsd

richarsd
              • 331 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:35 AM

You're right - spray tans don't at all prevent burning. They offer no SPF protections as you are basically just dying your skin. So once down South, you would need sunscreen. But like I said, I burn no matter I do so SPF 45 sunscreen is a total MUST.

Originally Posted by dmkn77 

I will need to tan beforehand, and very slowly as I burn immediatly. It will help not to get burned within the first few days before the wedding. I don't think spray tans can prevent you from burning. That's my #1 reason for tanning before vacations!

#8 sonyaj

sonyaj
                • 150 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 08:30 PM

I've had a few bad experiences wit tanning beds in the past (a peeping-tom over the wall and at another location a bad rash) so I'm off the tanning beds...for good! I tried spray tan for the first time this summer and liked the results. Our wedding is day #4..hopefully I can stay out of the water until then. Do they have spray tan in Jamaica???

#9 bride2be31011

bride2be31011
                  • 79 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 04:45 PM

Oh wow! That's creepy!

Originally Posted by sonyaj 

I've had a few bad experiences wit tanning beds in the past (a peeping-tom over the wall and at another location a bad rash) so I'm off the tanning beds...for good! I tried spray tan for the first time this summer and liked the results. Our wedding is day #4..hopefully I can stay out of the water until then. Do they have spray tan in Jamaica???

#10 JLR1726

JLR1726
                    • 187 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 09:10 AM

I am a spray tan queen but i will be tanning in a bed months before i go even though i worry about my skin.  i have opted to not do the spray tan because it will get all over your dress if you are sweating, even if it is a few days old! just think, you dont want to have tanning stuff all over your pretty dress and stress about it! if you do end up gettting sprayed make sure it is airbrush. it looks better and lasts longer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users