Photo

Spam PM from a member?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Jo 2010

Jo 2010
  • 291 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:19 PM

Is there any way I can report a member for sending me spam?

They have done it directly to my bestdestinationwedding PM inbox...

The member name is remis300. Obviously I will not reply to the email - but I did want to bring it to someone's attention to protect other members :)

Hello.
    My Name is Remis I was impressed when i saw your profile at (www.bestdestinationwedding.com) and i will like you to email me back to my inbox so that i can send you my picture for you to know who i am. I belive we can establishe a long lasting relationship with you.In addition, i will like you to reply me through my private email box (remisbaby@ymail.com)
    This is because i dont know the possibilities of remainning in forum for a long time.
    Please reply to my inbox so that i can be able to send you my picture and tell you more about me ok.
    Thanks,waiting to hear from you soonest.
    Remis.
    (remisbaby @ y m a i l . c o m)

#2 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:30 PM

Thanks for reporting, we'll take care of it!

#3 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:36 PM

you're not the only one it seems, and i've already banned this member. 

but in the future, you can just send a PM to a moderator with the information.

thanks!

#4 Cindy*

Cindy*
        • 2,655 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:07 PM

Mods, I got this as well which made me think that one of those reporting flags for pms would be great.  Not sure if that is doable or not but it would help for any spam pms.

#5 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 27 September 2010 - 08:23 PM

we do have a flag pm option in the works...

also ann did ban this weird member...def. please let us know if you get weird pms...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#6 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
          • 26,161 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 08:24 PM

I'm not sure if it is doable either but we can check into it.  Thanks!

ETA: Tammy's on it!

#7 Barbaracopeland

Barbaracopeland
            • Site Supporter
            • 53 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:25 AM

Yeah I was just about to report this too. I got 2 of them from the same person. I'm a bit offended now, I thought they were impressed with my profile and now it turns out he says that to ALL the girls!

#8 Nicyx

Nicyx
              • 2,914 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:56 AM

Yes i have recieved the same message today too xo

#9 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
                • Moderators
                • 25,218 posts
                • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
                • LocationSeattle

Posted 28 September 2010 - 03:59 AM

LOL!!! i got 2 as well and was jokingly thinking the exact same thing

Yeah I was just about to report this too. I got 2 of them from the same person. I'm a bit offended now, I thought they were impressed with my profile and now it turns out he says that to ALL the girls!

#10 TLGnhci

TLGnhci
                • 899 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:33 AM

Lol Barbara!  I got it as well. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users