Wedding Etiquette - IS THIS A JOKE?!

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 jaimeLe318

• 59 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 03:29 PM

Hi girls... please listen to this story and realize this is only one piece of my strange life.

So we are traveling to Florida from PA in TWO WEEKS for one of my BFF's weddings. (Please note, this "BFF" is not coming to my DW in Punta Cana because she says she will not fly even though she has flown several times before). ANYWAYS, a few days ago, my BFF'S fiance said to MY fiance "so... a few of my friends can't make it so is there a chance you'd want to be in the wedding?" The two of them are friends but would never hang out without the two of us girls around. Of course my FH was put on the spot so he said "sure.. yeah of course." I find this EXTREMELY tacky, especially because he flat out told him that it was because his other friends can't come. We haven't heard anything since and my BFF just called and asked what size pants he wears.

Question: Are we going to be required to pay for his outfit to wear in this wedding he was asked to be in 2 1/2 weeks before the wedding?

#2 JHarris

• 236 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 04:13 PM

WOW!!! That is definitely some nerve. If they had the gall to ask last minute bc his friends couldn't make it - then I don't see why you can't ask them to reimburse you for the pants.

Definitely keep us posted of your situation!!

Married My BestFriend at The Royal PDC ~ June 17, 2011~

#3 mochamakes3

• 1,917 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 04:51 PM

You poor thing... your BFF is going to drive you crazy!

#4 Valentine_Baby

• 452 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 04:46 AM

That is crazzy.  Where does he get off doing that? Do you think it was your BFF's idea to do this so the numbers would be equal on either side? or are you in the wedding party?

We had someone drop out of our wedding due to expenses but we aren't going to go chasing to replace that one person.

#5 josietoms

• 765 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 04:55 AM

I have to say I dont think it is too much of a problem - as they have been honest with you.

However I would say to them that because of your own wedding finances money is tight so you could not contribute towards the cost of the clothes.

Josie x

#6 Brandy

• 2,628 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 05:05 AM

I think they should definitely pay your FI outfit for the wedding!

#7 BecaJ

• 75 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 02:32 PM

I'd be offended if it were me and me personally I would have politely declined. But as it's too late for that I would definately insist that any additional costs are covered by them.

#8 richarsd

• 331 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 02:35 PM

I think it was super tacky of them. I think your FI should do something like dye his hair blue or something the day before their wedding...that'd make for great pics, lol 

#9 TheFutureWagners

• Banned
                  • 2,710 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:18 PM

That is BS and super tacky! If they did that, you know damn well they will want him to pay- BS! 

#10 jaimeLe318

• 59 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:05 PM

So far thankfully they didn't expect us to pay for it! Woo hoo - atleast he's getting a free outfit out of the deal :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users