Sign in to follow this  
twinkletoes

Why did you choose your date?

We decided we didn't want a really long engagement... Plus I really wanted to get married before graduation in May '09 (for the whole name issue and starting my professional career). We start our rotations this May and the only break we have before graduation is Christmas break (Dec 17thish - Jan 14th). We didn't want to do it right over the Christmas holidays and had to be back in town for presentaions on January 14th... so the week of January 1st-10th was our option! We wanted it on Monday the 5th so that way our guests can plan the trip that best works for them! (whether they go Wed-Wed, Sat-Wed, or Sat-Sat)

We chose Halloween, it's my favorite holiday it's a fun theme and it's easy to remember. I always wanted an October wedding and then a few years ago I shot a Halloween wedding and LOVED it. It was so fun, it was a very classy and beautiful wedding at a bed and breakfast. So I had to do it.

Tim and I have been together since freshman year of college (10 years now) and we don't really have an anniversary we know it was the weekend of The Penn Relays....hahaha, so we didn't have any attachment to a date we just knew what dates we didn't want!

It's so interesting to read everyone's reasons and thought process behind their wedding dates. Cute thread!

We chose ours because I wanted to make it during a school vacation so my lil brother and sister could attend and not miss alot of school. Feb vaca seemed to close and nervous about flights getting out during possible snow storms. So april it was. We also love mexico in april. we would have done friday the 24th but that is my birthday. Looks like the last week in april is going to be a great time of year for me lol

Since Im not one of those women who can see myself engaged for more than a year I had to pick a closer date. I had to wait until I flew back from the UK from graduation...

We chose November for many reasons:

1. November is good weather in Mexico and it's before the busy season.

2. My FI's parents own a heating and a/c company and November was a good time for them to get away.

3. We wanted to give everyone plenty of time to plan.

4. November is a slow time for me at work - so it's a good time to be on vacation.

We actually wanted our anniversary date June 18th. Took my guy 3 yrs to remember that date and I didn't want that drama with the wedding anniversay. But we realized, kids and teacher friends & fam of ours would still be in school about that time so we went for July. The reason we chose the first week of July was because we wanted the date as far away from hurricane season as possible (getting married in JA) and the date....well I wanted it on a Fri because I didn't want to have the wedding only for people to fly back home the next day. I wanted them to at least relax for the weekend. AND that's my story!

I know this thread has been around a while, but it's still fun to read people's reasons!

We chose March 14th for a couple reasons!

First...love Mazatlan in March!

Second...my parents live in Mazatlan 7 months outta the year and will be driving home at Christmas, so I can send down a lot of things with them and don't have to worry about tons of extra baggage on the plane!

Third...and most important...it's only 4 days after my FI's birthday, and he admits he's bad at remembering dates...so this way he'll know SOMETHING is coming up when his birthday approaches each year...I've got a little bit of a shot! hahahahaha

our anniversary is november 1, and since that falls on a saturday this year, of course i wanted to use that date. but, according to the chinese calendar, the 1st is bad luck for a wedding, while the 8th is good. so we decided on november 8.

We picked our date because we each have siblings in college and did want them to have to miss classes for our wedding. We choose to only be engaged 7 months bc the $$$ was saved and we didn't want to wait too long!