Photo

Why did you choose your date?

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:01 AM

Sorry, if this is already a thread. I did a seach and couldn't find anything!

With that said, so, why did you choose the date you chose for your big day?
    2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#2 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:07 AM

Our choice was based on the fact that we didn't want to wait too long from the time we were engaged. My parents anniversary was about 9 months away and fell on a Saturday so that was supposed to be it - but that day was booked so we took the following Saturday.

#3 PVBride

PVBride
      • 443 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:11 AM

We picked the month of February for the weather, and the specific date was all that was available.

#4 Heidi

Heidi
        • 2,642 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:11 AM

I picked the date was easy to remember.... that's part of it; but I LOVE that it's all 4's (call me weird!) 4/4/08 at 4pm! How cool is that?!
          Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#5 JulieG

JulieG
          • VIP Member
          • 8,323 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:17 AM

We actually did not want October, we wanted November, but we were having a hard time booking for November, so we went with October. We went with the last week that prices were posted for when we were wanting to book. And then, tradition states that Wednesday is the best and luckiest day to get married, so we picked the Wednesday. That is all.

#6 David and Laura

David and Laura
            • 177 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:21 AM

We picked our date because we wanted a short engagement and there wasn't much else available at the resort we wanted. :)

#7 foxytv

foxytv
              • VIP Member
              • 7,740 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:21 AM

I tried to get 4/13/2008 (our first date was 5/13/2006 --Friday the 13th -- and we got angaged on 6/13/2006) ... but the rates were higher that week, so we decided on the following week (4/19/2008 ). However, even though 4/13/2008 is a Sunday, I found a notary who will meet with us to sign the papers that day, so our 'legal' day will still be the 13th!

#8 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
                • 2,302 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:22 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Heidi
                  I picked the date was easy to remember.... that's part of it; but I LOVE that it's all 4's (call me weird!) 4/4/08 at 4pm! How cool is that?!
                  I picked mine for some of the same reasons as yours. Only my date is 8-8-08 (too bad I cant get married at 8pm) lol
                  2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#9 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 10,366 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:27 AM

We originally chose October 20th, because we tried to get married before our 8 year Anna, then my dad couldn't go anytime in Oct. because of his boss being on vacation. So, I had to move it til November....

#10 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 18,759 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:37 AM

Our date is June 21st. It's one year from the day we got engaged. We were engaged on a thursday, but with leap year that date is a saturday in 08 so it just seemed perfect. I wanted a saturday to make it easier for guest to take a long weekend. It's also summer solstice which is nice because I love long sunny days.

The other say I went to get my eyebrows waxed. I had to fill out an information sheet & there was a spot for birthday & anniversary. I was excited to write 6/21!!!!! Not technically an anniversary yet, but it will be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users