E Ring and Wedding band- same hand or different hand

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Mrs.S2B

• 169 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 05:49 AM

I love my ering!  I think it looks beautiful all by itself, but it would still look nice with a band of diamonds above it.  What do you think about wearing the e-ring on one hand and a different wedding band on your left?  I want my wedding band to be more antique than my engagement ring.

#2 wendyjd

• 968 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 07:08 AM

I think traditionally they should be worn on the same hand however, my band is more comfortable by itself than with the ering.  I haven't decided what I'll do.  I did buy a second less blingy band which is being made at present, maybe it will be more comfy together.  The second band is the one I plan to wear for work and ordinary activities and the blingy one is for nights/weekends/special events.  I work in a clinic which serves mainly lower income patients so I don't feel comfortable wearing almost 5ct (between ering and band), I get enough comments on the ering alone.

Sorry for the run on thought and no real answer but, I think do what feels best for you.

#3 hockeymom97

• 2,458 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 07:19 AM

I agree with Wendy, in that traditionally I think they are supposed to be worn together on the left hand, but I've seen many brides either move their ering over to their right hand and just wear the wedding band alone, or some even stopped wearing the ering altogether and just wore the wedding band. I plan on wearing my ering and wedding band together, but that's partly because I'm having my band custom made to match and fit against my ering perfectly :)

Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

#4 peterpanpixiedust

• 656 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 07:49 AM

Wear it the way you want to rock it.  It's your band. 

Wendy, are you getting your second one made by Mr. Jewel.  I'd love to see it!

#5 pineapplebride

• 232 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 01:45 PM

I plan on wearing my e-ring and wedding band separately. I think my e-ring looks best on its own...it has 3 sided pave and i don't want to cover any of the side diamonds! I will probably get a plain white gold band to wear on my left ring finger for times when I can't wear my e-ring like wakeboarding, mountain biking, gardening etc...

I hadn't thought of wearing my plain wedding band on my right hand... I may do that! I like that idea!

Heather & Max - Dreams Tulum - May 10, 2011!

Fuschia and Orange Bouquet and Bout for sale: http://www.bestdesti...t-bout-for-sale

#6 wendyjd

• 968 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 02:46 PM

No, I'm having it made by fabuluster on etsy... we are having fingerprint bands made, he'll be wearing my fingerprint and I'll be wearing his.  Its below except I asked that they not put the black patina on the bands so they are shinier.

Wear it the way you want to rock it.  It's your band. 

Wendy, are you getting your second one made by Mr. Jewel.  I'd love to see it!

#7 lyndsay_h

• 218 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 04:22 PM

I think you can wear them however you like....  you might get a few comments from other people about it but as long as you don't mind then I don't see why not!

#8 atrott

• 208 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 04:29 PM

I have a friend who's Greek & they traditionally wear their wedding band on the right hand & the ering on the left.

#9 Raazzy5711

• 217 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:08 PM

Wendyjd the fingerprint band is AMAZING!  I think I am going to look into this for an anniversary gift because it won't go with my e-ring

#10 Dilara

• 233 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:39 PM

I say wear it any way you want, it's your ring afterall!

Personally, I plan on wearing both rings on my left hand but that's just my choice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users