What are you (or did you) Giving Your Fiance for a Wedding Present?

• Please log in to reply
290 replies to this topic

#121 amybermuda

• 870 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 09:29 AM

I think my FI would find a BD book weird. I really want to do it, but I am sure hes never even heard of one and would think its strange to take racy pics and publish them. And what happens if your kids start snooping and find it! OMG I would die if I found one of my mom when I was little - LOL.

I want to exchange nice watches as neither of us have a really good one. And have the backs engraved.

#122 Stina4242

• 76 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by SSNM
      A BD book = A boudoir book.

This is a photobook with racey pictures of you (usually in lingerie or other sexy clothing) that is given to your FI on your wedding day. Seems to be quite popular. I want to do something similar but in fitness; that way, it can double as my portfolio for potential casting calls.
      Thanks! WOW, how have a never heard of this. Bet he hasn't either, LOL.

#123 Jennybell1

• 661 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:44 PM

Im doing a BD book for him and a nice card. I am not telling him about this tradition as I want him to think about it himself. If he doesnt, I might be a little hurt, but in the end he is marrying me and thats most important to me/ So it will pass very quickly....lol

#124 bahiabride2010

• 997 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:48 PM

I'm going to do a BD book as well but I'm curious about when to give it to him? Maybe the wedding night? I"m a little concerned about the opening of the gift in front of his GM's and the Dad's! As for my gift, not sure what I'd like...diamonds always work

#125 kerrij

• 300 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:41 PM

I love the BD book idea, i never heard about it before until now. My FI is getting his wedding gift on Friday!! only 4 months early! hahah
            I surprised him with his early wedding present about a month ago...we are from Calgary Canada and he is a HUGE Philadelphia Eagles fan so I'm flying the both of us to Philly to go see an Eagles game! I did lots of proding to see what would be his ideal team to watch, and checked out all kinda of site to get the best seats and finally found the perfect tix! so i'm taking him to an Eagles vs. Cowboys game this Sunday, 15th row, 40 yard line! sooo excited! Sports up here isn't anything like NFL or any other sport around the world, although NHL is huge, but not rowdy. So yup flying up both there on Friday morning and back Monday night, we are even going to try to catch a Flyers game on Saturday night! I'm so excited!
            As for what he's getting me, honestly I'd be happy with a love letter or a card, he's so good at that.

#126 latoya1908

• 170 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 06:00 PM

I'm not sure what I want for a gift. Diamond earings would be nice though. As for my fiance, he just had to put his dog down a couple of weeks ago (RIP Kandy) so I'm thinking another dog would be great! I don't mind pets, but he knows I'm not exactly the one that's going to go all out to have one. Therefore, it'll be a HUGE surprise for him that I actually agree to a dog. I'm thinking about just buying a really cute dog collar and wrapping that to give him (can't exactly sneak a new puppy to Jamaica...LOL).

#127 debbmach

• 1,457 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 11:25 PM

I'm getting him a nice, dressy watch (and a BD photobook, but will give it to him before we leave) and i want him to give me diamond earrings that i can wear to the wedding!

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#128 Amanda81

• 42 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:07 AM

I tried to find a similar topic but couldn't find anything.
                  I like the tradition of giving a gift to your new spouse on your wedding day, but I am having a hard time trying to think of something. I know the most popular thing to give is a watch but my fiance already has a really nice one he barely wears.
                  Any feedback or ideas from other brides out there would be appreciated.

#129 mnh1983

• 743 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:09 AM

I know a lot of people give an album of the budior pics as a wedding gift.

#130 Amanda81

• 42 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:11 AM

I had thought of that but I don't know if I'm comfortable enough doing that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users