Photo

What are you (or did you) Giving Your Fiance for a Wedding Present?

• Please log in to reply
290 replies to this topic

#1 Alyssa

Alyssa
  • 11,793 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:14 PM

(if you are) i know not everyone does this tradition but i really want too and am looking for some new ideas!

some of the ideas i have now are:
    • really nice watch
    • handmade box with 50 little folded pieces of antique paper, each one with a place around the world we haven't been and can travel to together over the next 50 years of our marriage
    • art deco diamond and platinum cufflinks
    • Boudoir photos

#2 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 10,366 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:24 PM

I think I am doing Boudoir photos, he doesn't wear a watch or anything and I think he will be happy with them...

#3 Christine

Christine
      • VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
      • Wedding Location:Napa, California
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:25 PM

b-pics and he loved them
      Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#4 foxytv

foxytv
      • VIP Member
      • 7,740 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:26 PM

Boudoir pics if I can save them until APRIL! I want to give them to him the minute I get them. aarrgghh!!

#5 JulieG

JulieG
        • VIP Member
        • 8,323 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:28 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Mrs.B 2008
          (if you are) i know not everyone does this tradition but i really want too and am looking for some new ideas!

some of the ideas i have now are:
          • really nice watch
          • handmade box with 50 little folded pieces of antique paper, each one with a place around the world we haven't been and can travel to together over the next 50 years of our marriage
          • art deco diamond and platinum cufflinks
          • Boudoir photos
          I am torn on this as well. We keep going back and forth about giving each other anything.

I do not want to do the boudoir pictures because what does he do with them after? Keep them in a photoalbum that he can't show anyone? I am just a little confused about that part, so while I think they look amazing, I don't think its really practical or something he will really care about.

He is big into music, so I could get him some new instruments or something music related, but I can't bring that along, so when do I give it to him.

I am more lost than you, so I am totally no help. How about you help me.

#6 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:29 PM

i just did b-pics - we really didn't exchange presents.

#7 Spazz

Spazz
            • VIP Member
            • 10,482 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:30 PM

I was going to ask the very same question...
              Mike is obnoxious in that anything he wants, he buys. So, every holiday, birthday, etc there is NOTHING to get him. He already has a really nice watch (that he bought himself last year!). I don't want to do boudoir photos, so I have no clue what to get him. Of course, I already told him what I want - the Coach Legacy leather satchel:)
              Can't wait to hear what all you girls got/are getting your FIs...

#8 tvt

tvt
              • VIP Member
              • 4,812 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:31 PM

i'm thinking b pics or golf clubs

#9 TammyB

TammyB
                • 10,630 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:31 PM

Ok so Christine and Ann, how many times does your DH look at them now? I guess in the back of my mind I can't see them looking at them very often. If that's the case do you still think it was a good gift?

#10 Alyssa

Alyssa
                  • 11,793 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:35 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Julesr
                    I am torn on this as well. We keep going back and forth about giving each other anything.

I do not want to do the boudoir pictures because what does he do with them after? Keep them in a photoalbum that he can't show anyone? I am just a little confused about that part, so while I think they look amazing, I don't think its really practical or something he will really care about.

He is big into music, so I could get him some new instruments or something music related, but I can't bring that along, so when do I give it to him.

I am more lost than you, so I am totally no help. How about you help me.

what happened to the funny laughing thing HAHA i liked it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users