Jump to content

Photo

Canadian Newbies !


  • Please log in to reply
715 replies to this topic

#431 Peach

Peach
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,293 posts

    Posted 16 September 2011 - 05:10 PM


    Sorry, I cannot help you about those specific resorts. However, I am going to be getting married at a resort that I cannot really find much information about either. Just keep searching, and go with your gut; who cares that everyone else doesn't get married there too? To me, that is a selling feature!

     

    Originally Posted by DwBride2Be 

    Hey!!  I am a Canadian Newbie!!  I am planning my wedding for Dec 2012, and hoping for either the Melia Las Dunas or the Paradisus Varadero.   There isn't much feedback about those two resorts, do you guys know anything, or anyone who's had a wedding there?

     

    Thanks!!

    Super Excited,

    Laurie



     



    #432 Nikadawn

    Nikadawn
    • Jr. Member
    • 191 posts

      Posted 17 September 2011 - 05:28 AM

      Well said Peach! I agree, you clearly picked those two for a reason. Either they do alot of weddings and will be very experienced at putting it together for you or maybe they don't get many weddings and so will be super helpful and accomadating in order to start getting some buzz on forims like this one. I would just suggest that if they don't do weddings very often to make sure you are very clear about every detail of what you want on your day, put it all in writing and send a copy to every person who will be involved in putting it together for you.

       

      Originally Posted by Peach 


      Sorry, I cannot help you about those specific resorts. However, I am going to be getting married at a resort that I cannot really find much information about either. Just keep searching, and go with your gut; who cares that everyone else doesn't get married there too? To me, that is a selling feature!

       



       



       


      Together forever - My Sweetie & Me. Iberostar Rose Hall Beach - January 18th, 2012


      #433 torilynnsmith

      torilynnsmith
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,748 posts

        Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:02 AM

        Congrats and welcome to the forum!!! Wish I could help you with info but just keep searching this forum and I am sure everyone who can will help you out!
         

        Originally Posted by DwBride2Be 

        Hey!!  I am a Canadian Newbie!!  I am planning my wedding for Dec 2012, and hoping for either the Melia Las Dunas or the Paradisus Varadero.   There isn't much feedback about those two resorts, do you guys know anything, or anyone who's had a wedding there?

         

        Thanks!!

        Super Excited,

        Laurie



         



        #434 kat2012

        kat2012
        • Member
        • 602 posts

          Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:40 AM


          Hey,

          At first I was looking to get maried in Cuba and I found that the most information you can find on tripadvisor!

          It is very hard to get info on all those places cause of embargo. But if you email resorts, you will get your answers. Cuban are very nice and will try to help you as much as they can. I had a great experience getting answers from them.
          Good Luck!!!

          Originally Posted by DwBride2Be 

          Hey!!  I am a Canadian Newbie!!  I am planning my wedding for Dec 2012, and hoping for either the Melia Las Dunas or the Paradisus Varadero.   There isn't much feedback about those two resorts, do you guys know anything, or anyone who's had a wedding there?

           

          Thanks!!

          Super Excited,

          Laurie



           



          #435 Peach

          Peach
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,293 posts

            Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:03 AM

            Great advice! Printing everything off - multiple copies - is so important!
             

            Originally Posted by Nikadawn 

            Well said Peach! I agree, you clearly picked those two for a reason. Either they do alot of weddings and will be very experienced at putting it together for you or maybe they don't get many weddings and so will be super helpful and accomadating in order to start getting some buzz on forims like this one. I would just suggest that if they don't do weddings very often to make sure you are very clear about every detail of what you want on your day, put it all in writing and send a copy to every person who will be involved in putting it together for you.

             



             



             



            #436 DwBride2Be

            DwBride2Be
            • Jr. Member
            • 190 posts

              Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:31 AM

              Well I definitely want one of those two resorts, so I will be the trailblazer and document my journey here for future use!!



              #437 Peach

              Peach
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,293 posts

                Posted 17 September 2011 - 01:37 PM

                Way to go!
                 

                Originally Posted by DwBride2Be 

                Well I definitely want one of those two resorts, so I will be the trailblazer and document my journey here for future use!!



                 



                #438 Nikadawn

                Nikadawn
                • Jr. Member
                • 191 posts

                  Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:26 AM

                  Yeah I thought it was a little pointless myself but they specifically stated that our birth certificate must include our parents' names. A few of the other brides on the forum for our resort contacted them and they said it was needed for the liscense. I won't argue as it's only costing us 40 bucks a piece. As for the passports, it's just for id/proof of your legally visiting the country, all resorts ask to see them when you arrive, ours is simply doing this in advance to save time on the paperwork. When we were there last year for a cousin's wedding they asked to see the passports of the couple and all the witnesses.

                   

                  Originally Posted by kat2012 


                  When we were getting our documents done, we did not have to get our long birth certificates. Just a regular short one. And we did not need any passports too. i find it is quite weird since we are getting married in Jamaica too.
                   



                   



                   


                  Together forever - My Sweetie & Me. Iberostar Rose Hall Beach - January 18th, 2012


                  #439 kat2012

                  kat2012
                  • Member
                  • 602 posts

                    Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:18 PM


                    I see, that is quite weird that they would have different requests for...
                     

                    Originally Posted by Nikadawn 

                    Yeah I thought it was a little pointless myself but they specifically stated that our birth certificate must include our parents' names. A few of the other brides on the forum for our resort contacted them and they said it was needed for the liscense. I won't argue as it's only costing us 40 bucks a piece. As for the passports, it's just for id/proof of your legally visiting the country, all resorts ask to see them when you arrive, ours is simply doing this in advance to save time on the paperwork. When we were there last year for a cousin's wedding they asked to see the passports of the couple and all the witnesses.

                     



                     



                     



                    #440 Jessica4LUXE

                    Jessica4LUXE
                    • Vendor
                    • 183 posts

                      Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:18 PM

                      Welcome to the site ladies! We are a Toronto based planning agency and are here to help! Are any Toronto brides attending the Civilized Bride show this month?






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users