best place to buy a dress for TTD session?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 nicdeb928

• 293 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 01:36 PM

Hi ladies...ive decided not to use my maggie sottero weddng gown for my ttd session the following day, so now i need to find a cheap dress that i can get quickly (wedding is 4 months away)...does anyone have any suggestions? has anyone used an online site and was happy with it..i would only like to spend about $100...thanks so much, nicole

#2 eholt

• 528 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 01:55 PM

Try looking on Unique Wedding Dresses,Unusual Wedding Dresses,Inexpensive Wedding Dresses. I was on there yesterday and found some nice stuff. Also try the clearance racks @ your local department stores. You would be suprised what you find there.
      May 19, 2011
      Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
      Montego Bay, Jamaica

#3 Michelle-2

• 310 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:16 PM

There are two websites that I have seen that have very inexpensive dresses and lots of styles to choose from - LittleCoral.com and Fashioninthebox.com I haven't ordered anything from either, but with the style choices and prices, I just may take a chance. Good Luck!

Beaches Turks & Caicos - October 21, 2011

#4 A_J_Mitchell

• 252 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:47 PM

Someone posted this one in another section on the forum, you can't beat it for $85

pleated-strapless-rhinestone-brooch-formal BLK BRN BURG FUCH GOLD IVRY PURP RED ROYL SILV TURQ - GoJane.com

#5 wendyjd

• 968 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:36 PM

Its really hit or miss but I found my TTD on craigslist, just over $100, tags still attached, never worn. And the seller was another bride who found a second dress. She wants to see pics when I get them back. To me plus is you can try it on and walk out with it immediately or walk away. Good luck!!

#6 Ayita

• 861 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:50 PM

I got mine from David's bridal, internet sales section. 99$. At first they did not have my size but I kept on coming back and for sure somebody returned one in my size that I immediately ordered. Worked out perfect.

#7 islandbride317

• 1,866 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:08 PM

I also had a Maggie gown (well, Sottero and Midgley but whatever!) and didn't want to "trash" that gown either, Nicole!

I found a fantastic gown for $50 on eBay...if you search for your size and keep checking you can find something really great that you won't mind wearing in the ocean, for a fraction of the cost! I didn't want to spend over $100 for my TTD gown, and I had one that I worked great for my pics, so maybe give eBay a look?

Either way, good luck sugar!

#8 ~Angela~

• 4,172 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:45 PM

Ebay, Craigslist, Kijiji, PreOwnedWeddingDresses.com, OnceWed.com, etc, etc.

I have two .... one of which is for sale ....a Jim Hjelm replica (style #8800). The one I am actually wearing is from David's Bridal ... the $99 rack! :)

#9 Brandy

• 2,628 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:33 AM

Tris on here posted a website with some cute dresses, its Click the image to open in full size.
                    Click the image to open in full size.

#10 hat0112

• 1,219 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:44 AM

Why don’t you try David’s Bridal? They usually have dresses for $99 and you will be able to try them on in the store. They also have some online too as ayita said. I got my dress from DB and they ordered it for me and it came in only a week after they ordered it.
                      Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users