Attn all future ror brides

Hello Everyone!!! Sooo I'm sitting here in BEAUTIFUL Jamaica at Couples Towers Isle while my HUSBAND is off snorkeling! And just thought I'd warn all brides that Chandlyn was fired! Yess it was quite a SHOCK when I went into to visit the new wedding coordinator who new NOTHING about me or anything I confirmed or ordered. But it was NO PROBLEM MON.... after a few arguments and back up from the mother of the bride and bridesmaids everything worked out PERFECTLY! I WILL be posting details in a review when I get home. Just wanted to make sure girls that are going down soon bring ALL the emails from chandlyn and ALL your documents. Thank GOD my HUSBAND wink.gif came down a day later! I love you girlsssss ROR is FANTASTIC do NOT second guess your decision!

You'll be hearing from me sooooon!!!

BY THE WAY i HIGHLY suggest Couples Towers Isle for your honeymoon...... its AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all!!! I have been reading all BDW brides post over the past few months as I got ready for my big day at the ROR on June 22, 2010. I arrived at the ROR on June 17th and met with Chandlyn on the 18th. Everything went very well and we covered just about everything I wanted. We set up a time to meet on Monday (the night before my wedding) for a little mini rehersal. On Monday 45 minutes went by, 1 hour went by and no one showed up. So I went up to her office and she just directed me to someone else for help as if she had not idea what I was talking about...whatever I figured it can't be that hard to figure out so I just let it go. Tuesday (day of the wedding), I went up to her office to see if my dress was steamed about 3 hours before the ceremony started. NO PROBLEM, we will bring it to your room with your flowers. Okay... well the cermony was at 4 and at 3:45 I had no dress and no flowers! I was a 1/2 hour late for my wedding, missed 30 minutes of the steel drum band I paid $450/hr for because they never brought my stuff!!!! At this point no one at the resort has communicated that Chandlyn was let go or whatever. I walked down on the beach for my ceremony and the white chairs I paid $5/ea for were not there. I called my mom over and her and my MIL went and found chairs and changed them for me because I was not very happy at this point. I tried to keep my cool, but enough was enough. After that, I walked down the aisle, to not the song I requested, and just let everything go hoping it would get better.

After the ceremony it started raining, which was a blessing. At least it waited!! Dinner reservations at 6:30 didn't end up happening until 8:30 and they canceled the beach bonfire, DJ and Seagrape beach bar I wanted, with no refund of my money. No contract with the resort or Chandlyn was ever signed saying if my services were not rendered for any reason, was I still responsible for payment. On top of that, this man who was filling in for Chandlyn, who had no idea what was going on, broke my dad's $300 sunglass and didn't apologize.

Needless to say I probably caught in the middle because she was fired the night before my wedding. I just think, as professionals at what they do, they should communicate to brides what the situation is/was. This was the biggest day of my life and it sucked! It completely crumbled apart infront of me and I had no control. No matter how much time and effort went into planning every last detail, it didn't matter.

I hope no one else has or had such an experience. I just wanted to give a heads up and share my experience, good or bad. Good luck all future brides!

holy crap! now i'm scared about my wedding thats in a month. what if nothing is set-up with the requests that I had. I thought she had an assistant or something named nicki...maybe? you should change the title of this thread to "ror-chandlyn fired" because it will get alot more attention and there are many brides getting married very soon!

on another note, i'm so sorry this happenned to you when it did! were you stressed out, going crazy! what happenned w/the chairs in the end?

Oh this thread title should SOOO be changed...all I can say jen1310...holy sh*t! wtf.gif I would have raised hell!!!! I am sooo sorry that had to happen on your day, of all days!! I would see if I could write some sort of letter to the main RIU wedding person. There has got be be someone held accountable for the inconsiderate, rude and unprofessional situation you experienced. I would demand my money back! That is just soooo wrong on so many levels!

jen1310 I hope, regardless of that horrific experience, you and your new hubby are enjoying the married life.

Well, our daughter gets married there NEXT Saturday. No wonder we have not received 1 email. At this point I will definately take ALL my 2009 emails-because I don't have 1 for 2010. Very un-professional. I'm sending RIU an email today about this.

Thanks a lot!!!!!!

I just heard from my TA about this. I have been wondering about my unresponded to emails. We leave for Jamaica in 2 weeks and get married July 20th. I am really nervous about all the planning we have done so far and if it is going to remain the same with the new WC.

Tina Dunbar is the woman who has replaced Chandlyn.

hey ladies! I'm not sure how to change my title! BUT Jen i'm sooo sorry that happened the night before it was SOOOOOO lucky for us that we had a few days to sort through the mess and my family is jamaican so my mom tolerated NO B.S. We raised hell in her office to get exactly what we wanted. It was a big pain in the butt, and DEF not something i wanted to deal with. I'm gonna write my review and tell ALL details!

by the way jen i think i saw your wedding from a distance... teal blue? It was ABSOLUTELY beautiful!!!! I even started tearing! You looked Amazing!