Mexico Weather

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 nursegrad2010

• 6 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:25 PM

Hi all -

I looked for a thread on weather in Mexico... couldn't find one.

How is the weather in January/February in the Riviera Maya area? I've only been in May/June or October and it's always HOT and humid!!

Just wondering if I should get pashminas for the ladies at night during the reception? And how warm it gets during the day cause I'd like full sun during the ceremony but don't want to be beat down by the heat!

Thanks in advance!

#2 Bride-chill-a

• 121 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:00 AM

I was there last week of Feb, this past year for my wedding, and it was unusually cold in the evenings. We had to wear long pants, and a sweater (or tshirt and cardigan). Some of us wore pashmina's on top of that as well. It was weird. I'd say go prepared with warmer clothes for the evening. It was warm during the day, but as soon as that sun went down...the temp dropped and the wind picked up.

And I'm from Canada!

#3 Mischaka

• 969 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 08:21 AM

I had ask the ladies from the Feb 2010 brides and they pretty much said the same. it's nice during the day and at night it gets a little chilly. I hope it's not too cold though.

#4 josietoms

• 765 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:04 AM

Same as the above - I have asked the Jan 2011 brides as I have only been to Mexico in May before and they all said the same - breezy and chilly in the eves compared to the day about 14C. But is also the driest month x
          Josie x

#5 SouthernSweetie

• 394 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:00 PM

I found this website by typing "Mexico almanac" in the search box. It gave me info on Cancun (I'm not sure what your location is) and I changed the month to February since that's what's on your avatar. It gives you info on temperature averages, humidity levels, precipitation, and lots of other weather stuff. It will allow you to change the location and the month that you want.

Cancun, Mexico Climate

#6 mexico102

• 300 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:13 PM

Last winter was unusual for the carribean side of mexico I believe. I was there this past as well as the 2 previous years in January. This past was as previously stated.....cool at night, even day high were unseasonable. 2 previous January trips were warm and balmy at night....perfect. Pashminas will work either weather.
              On the pacific side it down right chilly at night in the winter months!!!

#7 jaccat15

• 196 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 09:32 AM

you can also check the weather channel.com's website - they have a great little tool:

Wedding Planner - Set the Date, Average Monthly for Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

i was there in march and the evenings were strangely chilly this year, but i think that was trend everywhere this year. When you asked the locals, they said it was unusal for it to be so cold.

#8 LChavez

• 159 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:22 AM

I was wondering the same thing. Thanks for creating this post!! It's so helpful.

#9 nursegrad2010

• 6 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:34 AM

Thanks for the answers and the helpful links! It's given me a much better idea! :)

#10 aeluzu

• 212 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 02:34 AM

jaccat, thanks for that link! really helpful :)
                      Amanda & Marc
                      June 11th, 2011
                      EPM! Are you ready for us?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users