Photo

Who paid for your dress

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#41 tiffandmarv

tiffandmarv
  • 361 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:43 AM

I paid for my dress. Both my parents are retired and on a tight fixed income. I also paid for their plane tickets. My mother is very eager to help with all my DIY projects though...which works great for me!
    http://tickers.Ticke....95d6/event.png

Bride & Groom + 56 Booked for Jamaica!!!

#42 Lite

Lite
    • 96 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:00 AM

I paid for mine. This is my second marriage. I got married 10 yrs ago at the tender age of 21 and my mom paid for that dress. I'm guessing she thinks she already paid for one, not going to another...

#43 HazelsMelody

HazelsMelody
      • 169 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 04:22 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Lite
        I paid for mine. This is my second marriage. I got married 10 yrs ago at the tender age of 21 and my mom paid for that dress. I'm guessing she thinks she already paid for one, not going to another...
        Me too! My mom bought my first dress when I was 19. And I hated the dress then and I still do now. I was 5 months pregnant at the time (and huge) so I pretty much had to take whatever second hand dress I could fit into.

So I'm paying for this dress myself and my mom is contributing in other ways.
        Iberostar Varadero
        25 March 2011
        Bride & Groom and kids + 20 booked.

#44 *tinkertoy*

*tinkertoy*
        • 271 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 04:29 PM

:)

My mom insisted!

#45 spicytuna

spicytuna
          • 82 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:27 PM

i also paid for my own dress. that way - it was much easier to stick with the kind of dress i wanted, vs having to take into account alot of opinions (if you're having someone else pay)

#46 debbmach

debbmach
            • 1,457 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:11 AM

i paid for my own and was able to find one i loved for a great price!
              http://dwdf.daisypath.com/v0lqm5.png

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#47 sammy2882

sammy2882
              • 174 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:25 AM

I paid for it. This is my second wedding (i got married at 25, and it only lasted 2 years..) , and my parents paid for the first one but there was now way I would ask again.

#48 Ms.H

Ms.H
                • 169 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:42 AM

I paid for mine! We are actually paying for the whole wedding.

About 9 years ago when I bought my first house, my parents gave me the choice of money to help with the down payment, or money for a wedding, I chose the house! Now that the wedding is here, I'm sort of wishing we had some help, but FI's mom is broke to the point that we are going to have to pay for her to come to the wedding, and his dad, although stinkin rich, isnt really in the picture

#49 Oryx

Oryx
                  • 727 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:51 PM

I paid for my dress. My mom would have loved to, but it's just out of her budget. My parents are saving very hard just to pay for their tickets, and they are determined to do so. But even so, I'm prepared to cover their costs if they fall a little short.

In any case, I'm glad I paid for it -- that way I don't have to feel any pressure to buy someone else's dream dress!

#50 smtc0245

smtc0245
                    • 106 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:06 PM

I paid for my dress at the reasonable price of $452.00 my mom is helping with all of the DIY Projects and my Dad is offering to upgrade us to the Honeymoon suite for our stay. FI and I are paying for everything else for the wedding.
                      Bride, Groom + 23 Guests Booked

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users