Photo

Do Not Play List

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#11 atrott

atrott
  • 208 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:42 PM

I will definitely strangle any DJ who tries to play the Macarena! That dance should have never been made public!! LOL

#12 HazelsMelody

HazelsMelody
    • 169 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:46 PM

I never thought of a Do-Not-Play list...

Personally though, I disagree with you all. I think all those songs - YMCA, Chicken Dance and Macarena - are great wedding reception songs because though they're silly and stupid, *everybody* knows them, most people like them, AND it gets people up off their feet - which is kinda what you want right?

I have a photo from my sister's wedding last summer of a whole bunch of us, ranging from my own 6 and 9 year old daughters, 11 year old cousins to my 70 year old grandfather in a circle doing the Chicken Dance and every single person in the photo is smiling!
      Similarly, I have a photo from my mom's wedding in 2005 of a bunch of us doing the Macarena and again, age ranges from about Tween to Grandpa, and all are smiling and laughing too. They're just fun and silly and puts people in the mood to get up and dance and have fun!
      Iberostar Varadero
      25 March 2011
      Bride & Groom and kids + 20 booked.

#13 msjesslee

msjesslee
      • 165 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 11:35 PM

No inappropriate rap songs. Its just awkward when you have the whole family together... 

#14 ldybug

ldybug
        • 8 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:10 AM

I recently went to a wedding and I can add a few more now:

Twist

Twist and Shout

Shout

The easiest way to clear the dance floor.

#15 snow88

snow88
          • 181 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 09:36 PM

Just no inappropriate rap songs which will probably be almost all of them.  I'm with HazelsMelody...I think Macarena and a few others would get people dancing because they are silly songs and lots of fun.  I don't know the Cupid shuffle though.  Will have to look it up.

#16 vlynnw

vlynnw
            • 6,003 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 10:04 PM

Along with the macarena, YMCA, chicken dance, I will add

- the electric slide

- my heart goes on

- hokey pokey

- I will always love you

- white wedding

- jesse's girl

- abba songs

- celebration

- every breath you take

Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#17 vlynnw

vlynnw
              • 6,003 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by snow88 

Just no inappropriate rap songs which will probably be almost all of them.  I'm with HazelsMelody...I think Macarena and a few others would get people dancing because they are silly songs and lots of fun.  I don't know the Cupid shuffle though.  Will have to look it up.

I'm kind of in love with the cupid shuffle,  I will also definitely be having that on my play list as well as the Cleveland shuffle. 

Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#18 jenngene2011

jenngene2011
                • 128 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 04:30 AM

I am absolutely DO NOT WANT any interactive songs such as Macarena, YMCA, any of the slides etc.  I HATE all them.  I worked in weddings for years and these songs drive me insane.  I think a wedding should have a great mix of music and should get everyone up on dance floor but these songs just don't cut it for me.  I mean its a wedding not a senior center dance. 

(I am sorry if I offended anyone but after working over 500 hundred weddings I can go without hearing these songs for the rest of my life)

Jennifer & Eugene - May 7,2011 Dreams La Romana, Dominican Republic

#19 tgallo

tgallo
                  • 150 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 01:05 PM

I have to agree with alot of the songs listed! You just get SO tired of them all! Thanks for posting! I am writing these all down! haha!

#20 Nan

Nan
                    • 599 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 01:16 PM

I havenĀ“t thought about a NO PLay list....I will though....

Nan and Erik forever!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users