Photo

Jamaica Wedding Plan

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 MissSimone

MissSimone
  • 255 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:12 AM

How far in advance did you ladies start planning your wedding? Mine isn't until 2013! But I'm already planning and collecting pictures of things I have to have.

#2 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
    • 2,233 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:09 AM

I starting planning in the fall of 2008 but at that time my date was dec 1, 2010 now its July 8, 2011.

So its never to early to start planning. I did thou change my mind alot as the time went on lol so be prepared for that!
      July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#3 mdb

mdb
      • 190 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:10 AM

I have some advice for jamaica adventures. I went through barrett adventures. AMAZING! we had so much fun. They have private tours for you and your party!!! Check out the tours to the falls, secret falls, ys falls and Reach falls.. I think these are tours that aren't offered by other companies in Jamaica. Here is the link

Picasa Web Albums - Carolyn
        PS you have to look this up on line and take the number with you.. Your resort won't give it to you because they want you to do their tours!! : ) But it is worth doing..!!

#4 sweetluna

sweetluna
        • 183 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:28 PM

I started planning about 1.5 years in advance of our wedding. There are pros & cons to starting as early as you are planning.

Cons... don't look at prices yet. They are likely to go up but as long as you're not looking at them now then you won't know by how much they've gone up and then feel discouraged. I'd wait until about a year or so before the wedding before really talking numbers. Also, you'll have so many great ideas that it might be frustrating to sit on your hands because there is only so much you can do until a year - 6 months before the wedding.

Pros... you have lots of time to really learn what you want for your special day. You have time to think to think about the different elements that will add personal touches to your day and the more you plan & organize ahead of time the less stress you'll feel just before the wedding. There will ALWAYS be stress just before the wedding but nothing like if you left everything until the last minute. You have time on your side so you can really make the most of it.

Congratulations on the engagement and happy planning. You've come the right resort to get lots of ideas.

#5 katelynn

katelynn
          • 414 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:19 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by mdb
            I have some advice for jamaica adventures. I went through barrett adventures. AMAZING! we had so much fun. They have private tours for you and your party!!! Check out the tours to the falls, secret falls, ys falls and Reach falls.. I think these are tours that aren't offered by other companies in Jamaica. Here is the link

Picasa Web Albums - Carolyn
            PS you have to look this up on line and take the number with you.. Your resort won't give it to you because they want you to do their tours!! : ) But it is worth doing..!!

Thanks for this info - some other people said to do it this way too and that the resort is way more expensive. I will deffintately be looking into this!!
            Today I marry my bestfriend, the one I laugh with, the one I love.

#6 debbmach

debbmach
            • 1,457 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 06:59 PM

i started planning mine just about a year in advance. i really don't think you need more time than that. prices aren't out, you can't send your guests anything, and you can't book your actual wedding date with the resort before that time. i guess it's never too early to look up ideas and just browse and see what is available and what others are doing.
              http://dwdf.daisypath.com/v0lqm5.png

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#7 Mellyrox

Mellyrox
              • 161 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:01 PM

I started thinking of ideas 2 years ahead (LOTS of researching on this site!) which is when we got engaged. The serious planning started in January 2010, which was about 16 months before the big day. I knew I wanted May 2011, but I didn't know the date until the prices came out, which was a year ahead of time.
                Vince and Mel - Grand Palladium Jamaica, May 04, 2011

#8 Virtuous

Virtuous
                • 17 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:52 PM

I started planning my wedding at the beginning of this year and our wedding is Nov 2010.

#9 jennster_04

jennster_04
                  • 176 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:05 PM

Congratulations and welcome to the forum!!!
                    Married August 10, 2010 at Gran Bahia Principe Akumal!!!

#10 jennster_04

jennster_04
                    • 176 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:08 PM

We have been togther 4 yrs and just got engaged in March and are getting married in August! Everyone seems to have an opinon on us gettin married so soon after being engaged lol We think why wait?! 7 weeks!!!
                      Married August 10, 2010 at Gran Bahia Principe Akumal!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users