Sign in to follow this  
yumyum90

Best Man Passes Away

Sadly, the best man unexpectantly passed away last week. Our wedding is next month and I want to find a way to honor him and don't know what to do. I told DH that we could leave the spot where he would have stood empty and sprinkle it with rose petals. DH suggested putting a poem or something on the program. I'm not sure what we should do. Any ideas?

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. I think it's very kind of you to want to honor him at your wedding. I've heard of people leaving an empty chair to symbolize a loved one not present. I also like your idea of the rose petals and your DH's idea about a poem or some recognition in the program. Whatever you choose to do I'm sure everyone will be thinking of him and know he is loved and missed....good luck.

Oh I am so sorry to hear that. I am actually tearing up reading this. I think either of those ideas are good. I hope that your FI is okay.

First of all let me say how sad I am by that news for you and more so for his family. My prayers are with them. I think that both of your ideas are very good ideas. Maybe you can have someone read the poem as part of the ceremony stating that it is dedicated to him. I think that would be nice.

I hope it all works out. So sorry for the loss.

That's sad, hope everyone is dealing with it ok, especially your FI. I think both ideas that you have would be a great way to honor him at your wedding.

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss, especially so close to your big day. I think both ideas are great with the empty chair and then some type of poem or reading to acknowledge him as well.

I am so sorry to hear about your loss! I hope your FI is ok. I think both ways sound like a beautiful way to honour him!

Two years ago my FI's sister got married and their grandfather had passed away a week before her wedding. She put a picture of her grandfather, with a single rose and a candle on a chair for him and had a poem read aswell in his honour.

This is devastating, so sorry! I like the idea of leaving a spot for him and incorporating some sort of reading or song or moment of silence for him. It will be sad but I would want to do something to honor him. Hang in there :)

oh wow!!! I'm so sorry to hear!!! Both ideas sound great! You can actually do both. Anything that makes the FI feel comfortable. Hope it all works out fine.