Photo

Best Man Passes Away

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 yumyum90

yumyum90
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 04:29 PM

Sadly, the best man unexpectantly passed away last week. Our wedding is next month and I want to find a way to honor him and don't know what to do. I told DH that we could leave the spot where he would have stood empty and sprinkle it with rose petals. DH suggested putting a poem or something on the program. I'm not sure what we should do. Any ideas?

#2 tracy0716

tracy0716
    • 431 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 04:37 PM

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. I think it's very kind of you to want to honor him at your wedding. I've heard of people leaving an empty chair to symbolize a loved one not present. I also like your idea of the rose petals and your DH's idea about a poem or some recognition in the program. Whatever you choose to do I'm sure everyone will be thinking of him and know he is loved and missed....good luck.

#3 Cindy*

Cindy*
      • 2,655 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 04:38 PM

Oh I am so sorry to hear that. I am actually tearing up reading this. I think either of those ideas are good. I hope that your FI is okay.

#4 AishaB

AishaB
        • 2,350 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 04:39 PM

First of all let me say how sad I am by that news for you and more so for his family. My prayers are with them. I think that both of your ideas are very good ideas. Maybe you can have someone read the poem as part of the ceremony stating that it is dedicated to him. I think that would be nice.

I hope it all works out. So sorry for the loss.
          BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#5 vlynnw

vlynnw
          • 6,003 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 04:56 PM

That's sad, hope everyone is dealing with it ok, especially your FI. I think both ideas that you have would be a great way to honor him at your wedding.
            Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#6 hockeymom97

hockeymom97
            • 2,458 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 07:26 PM

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss, especially so close to your big day. I think both ideas are great with the empty chair and then some type of poem or reading to acknowledge him as well.
              Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

#7 Hopelesslyblissful

Hopelesslyblissful
              • 191 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:24 PM

I am so sorry to hear about your loss! I hope your FI is ok. I think both ways sound like a beautiful way to honour him!
                Two years ago my FI's sister got married and their grandfather had passed away a week before her wedding. She put a picture of her grandfather, with a single rose and a candle on a chair for him and had a poem read aswell in his honour.
                http://dwdf.daisypath.com/vWwHm6.png

~19 Booked Plus Bride & Groom~

#8 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                • 26,161 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:02 PM

This is devastating, so sorry! I like the idea of leaving a spot for him and incorporating some sort of reading or song or moment of silence for him. It will be sad but I would want to do something to honor him. Hang in there :)

#9 Mischaka

Mischaka
                  • 969 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:10 PM

oh wow!!! I'm so sorry to hear!!! Both ideas sound great! You can actually do both. Anything that makes the FI feel comfortable. Hope it all works out fine.

#10 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
                    • 1,131 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:51 PM

My condolences.
                      http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
                      ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users