help! what are the normal itenary when doing a destination wedding?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#11 Bride2Be21

• 167 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:40 PM

I agree, there is nothing set in stone. Do what you feel is right for you and FH.

#12 hockeymom97

• 2,458 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by elizabethrodriguez314
      i have like 65 people but i dont think everyone is going to the rehersal dinner...=)

and annr what is a std i saw u closed my other thread i guess i am not using this site well...
      STD stands for "save the date".
      Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

#13 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by elizabethrodriguez314
        and annr what is a std i saw u closed my other thread i guess i am not using this site well...
        we often close/delete duplicate threads. there is a link in my siggy that has the answers to most of the questions you're asking. for example, there's a thread titled Acronyms - it would explain what STD is (Save the Date).

#14 carolina24

• 1,573 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:07 PM

we're doing a welcome dinner on wed, rehearsal dinner thurs, and the wedding on fri. we wanted the welcome dinner so that the families could mingle before the wedding. the rehearsal dinner so that we could spend some quality time with just the wedding party.
          the attendant outing your talking about can be done anytime before or after the wedding. some brides and grooms take their attendants snorkling, scuba diving, golfing, or other excursions. everything is really optional and it really depends on what you guys want to do.

#15 Future Mrs. M

Future Mrs. M
          • 319 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:16 PM

There is nothing set in stone like everyone's mentioned.

We are having our wedding on a Friday so on Thursday evening we are doing a huge welcome party for everyone/rehearsal dinner on the beach:) This will be a fun way to start off the festivities.

Wedding Date 11/12/2010- Riviera Maya - Hacienda Tres Rios

#16 jk1101

• 2,582 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:59 PM

I only had a Welcome dinner + the Wedding planned. It worked out that most of my 22 guests spent a lot of time together - we all ate together every night and smaller groups of us did breakfast and lunch. I didn't want to regulate people's vacations, and i didn't want to stress myself out any more that I needed to!

#17 teshy1

• 162 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:57 PM

I think it's totally up to you what you plan. With 65 people, it may be hard to arrange events.
                We had 30 people for our DW and sent out an informal itinerary about 3-4 weeks before the wedding. We did a welcome dinner once all guests had arrived, planned a day at Xcaret EcoPark (right next door to our resort), had a 1/2 day tour of the Tulum ruins, and then just the wedding ceremony/reception/dance. We wanted a few events to help bring people together, but we also wanted people to have freedom, since it's also their vacation.

#18 MDLady

• 433 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 03:10 PM

I gave this a lot of thought and then given everyone's arrival dates and preferences and age, we decided to not do group activities such as trips/cruises. Our wedding was on a Sunday so we just did the following and it was more than enough:

- Fri night we all met up at one of the bars at the resort and spent some time just hanging out. Some people came, others didn't. It wasn't mandatory and since it was just at one of the bars, it didn't cost us a thing other than the tab.

- Sat night we had a rehearsal with our bridal party and in the evening had a Welcome Dinner for everyone attending the wedding. It was very much appreciated by the group and it was nice for everyone to meet before the actual wedding.

The rest of the time everyone did whatever they wanted. When you get to a larger group, it's really hard to find something that everyone will enjoy and can fit into their schedule. But if you can do that, that's awesome!

#19 elizabethrodriguez314

• 232 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:45 PM

thanks everyone for the input gave me alot of ideas and i really appreciate it=) i am really trying to use this site the right way or i was told i could be banned =)

#20 jodieP

• 278 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:21 PM

great help ladies, my group is 20-30 ppl, this helped!

24 Booked plus bride & groom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users