Photo

Luggage Tags timing

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 MsSmithtobe

MsSmithtobe
  • 282 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:05 PM

So I just created my luggage tags using business cards from Vistaprint but I have a question. When do I give these to guests? Should I give these to them in their OOT bags to put on their bags on the way home? I figured if I send them in the invites they will forget to use them. Any help would be great thanks.

#2 JanineA

JanineA
    • 2,482 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:45 PM

From what I have seen on the board most brides usually send the luggage tags out when they send out the pre-travel brochures. I'm not sure if you planned on doing pre-travel brochures. Otherwise you could wait until everyone rsvps and then perhaps mail them out with a little note/card/letter with any info they may need to have regarding transportation etc and a note expressing how pleased you are that they will be attending. Hope that helps.

#3 knitgirl13

knitgirl13
      • 276 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:46 PM

^^ I like that idea

#4 Miss Lighting Bug

Miss Lighting Bug
        • 162 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:49 AM

Oh I like the idea of sending them when they rsvp or book...if you don't do a pre-travel news release.
          KB

#5 Jenny310

Jenny310
          • 245 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 12:46 PM

I'm doing luggage tags and I'm sending them with my pre-travel brochures. In the brochures I'm putting the events for the week, things to pack, day trips that may interest them, etc.

#6 MysTea

MysTea
            • 559 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 12:59 PM

I think it will work either way...because it can be a keepsake for when they are leaving the resort to put on their bags or can be given before hand with the Brochure or any Pre travel gifts/items...I am thinking about doing Luggage tags as well but I am giving them in the welcome (OOT) bags when they arrive at the resort.
              **Dreams Palm Beach HERE WE COME!!! 11.01.2010**

#7 mexico102

mexico102
              • 300 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 03:16 PM

I'm sending out pre-travel packages about 1 1/2 weeks before they leave for mexico---brochure, luggage tags, hand sanitizer, puzzel books, spanish phrase booklet, peanuts, gum and that's about it!

#8 MsSmithtobe

MsSmithtobe
                • 282 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 10:30 AM

Thanks guys, I ordered passport invites so they basically had all of the pre-travel info, so maybe after they RSVP I can send a Things to Know letter along with the tags...

#9 katelynn

katelynn
                  • 414 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:11 PM

We are creating a pamphlet a couple of months before we leave that gives all info about travelling, the guests etc and we are going to put it inside...another idea would for it to be on the OOT bag so you know who you are giving it to and they can detach it.
                    Today I marry my bestfriend, the one I laugh with, the one I love.

#10 dominiqueamber

dominiqueamber
                    • 923 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:27 AM

Oh Katelyn I love the idea of using them for name tags on the bags! That's great for extras!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users