So You Think You Can Dance, Season 7!

Cassie

I am sitting here watching last nights episode finding myself getting really annoyed at how few dancers they are taking. I cannot believe they let the Harlem dancer anthony go. Seriously he is amazing. Too many phenomenal dancers just got let go. Why do we need to see the old dancers? I thought the choreographers were the mentorshuh.gif?

Also, I am not liking how they visited everyones house. I like the panel much better. I think it's more emotional. I think all the time they saved this season by not drawing auditions out, they used to draw the results out. I'm just being a hater I guess. Lol.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondpooch View Post
Spoiler alert! Just kidding. I have it TiVo'd, and I'll watch it tomorrow (when my FI isn't next to me complaining about having to watch two hours of dancing he doesn't understand :) ).
smile35.gif sorry if i was a spoiler last night when I posted! I forget that not EVERYONE watches the same time i do and/or tivo's it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Lighting Bug View Post
I agree that I don't agree with some of the choice. I loved loved Anthony and really liked the first guy cut. I didn't care for the last two dancers at all. I will say I am not a dancer at all and I found myself tearing up. I love this show.
yep i am not a dancer at all either but i do love this show! I think secretly I want to be as good of a dancer as they are!

I agree, I at first liked the idea of seeing the all star dancers again but then I realized how few new talent we'll get to see. The group just seems so small already. But there are some great dancers and I can't wait to see how they do!

So, like when they do eliminations, is it the same as usual? Are they going to cut one person at a time? So an "old" dancer may winhuh.gif I'm confused as to how it's going to work now.

Yes! I forgot about Ryan. She was awesome and would have been a fan favorite I think. I hope she tries out again.

I think they should have had a top 20 dancers from the start and still eliminated one b/g per week, but then they could have brought in the all-star dancers when they got down to the final 10 or something.

But since that's not the way it is, my understanding is that they're only going to eliminate a single Top 10 dancer each week and that the all-star dancers are there simply to be dance partners and perhaps they only reason they'll be "eliminated" is if their partner is?? I definitely can't see them having the all star dancers as part of the actual competition because that would totally be unfair to the new season participants.

And not that I don't think Billy Bell isn't a good dancer, but I agree with a lot of the rest of you that they shouldn't have chosen him over Anthony. And please don't think I'm being insensitive when I say this, but does anyone else think it might be because of whatever "illness" they mentioned as the reason he couldn't continue through last season?? I mean, he's clearly talented and everything but say it was something terminal that he had do you think the producers would have chosen him since anyone else would have the chance to come back and he wouldn't? I'm really just throwing random things out there, but when they said that in commentary it just got me thinking.

Dang it! My DVR didn't record the show last because it is full. Why can't it just know to erase the shows that DH saves so mine will record... JK. I checked out the website so I know who is moving on, and really the good stuff starts next week anyway.

Meghan ~ I didn't watch last season because it was just too close to the one before it and I was tired of watching dancing. But good point about Billy Bell's illness and him not being able to try out again... or it might bring in that heart strings factor and get them ratings. Terrible thinking I know.

Jacqui ~ I've been a hater on the new format too. They didn't really explain how it's going to work so I'm just sad that we don't get to see more people get cut. That show that determined the top 10 was always a nail biter becuase it determined who would go on tour. Now what? They all get to go?

Andi ~ I'm with you on wanting to secretly be a good dancer. I would love to be able to go out dancing and not look like a dying chicken. LOL

I LOVE THIS SHOW! I think i cried multiple times last night when they did the house calls. Makes me so happy for some of them when all their hard work pays off and then also makes me so sad for the ones that dont make it.

i agree some of the better dancers did let go but they all state that they dont just take the BEST dancers, they take dancers that will grow on teh show, that the audience will connect with and that have good personalities. So i can see why some were chosen over others for sure. Cant wait for tonight