Jump to content

Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
4882 replies to this topic

#1231 laurenvuitton

laurenvuitton
  • Jr. Member
  • 283 posts

    Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:46 AM

    Thanks Ladies!!!! :) So excited for everyones upcoming weddings too!

    #1232 rpingree001

    rpingree001
    • Jr. Member
    • 264 posts

      Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:35 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by dimplz05
      Hey Ladies! The water wasn't "salt water" like you think of ocean water but it did taste salty and was pretty disgusting! And yes, I forgot to say this in my review but there is no conditioner on the entire resort so bring LOTS! My sister ran out of conditioner the second day there and she has really thick hair and it was pretty bad! Also, you can drink the water in the restaurants because it is purified just dont drink the water in the room or use it to brush your teeth! We brought mugs and everyone used them! They dont care about that!
      There is no conditioner anywhere? Not in the room or for sale in the gift shop? Yikes! Definitely something to tell wedding guests and maybe even an item for the OOT bags. Thanks for the tip!

      #1233 dimplz05

      dimplz05
      • Jr. Member
      • 214 posts

        Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:24 PM

        No they dont even sell it in the gift shop. And, in the rooms, they have "Conditioning Shampoo" which is crap because it doesnt condition anything!

        #1234 punkie569

        punkie569
        • Jr. Member
        • 255 posts

          Posted 09 June 2010 - 12:31 PM

          Hmmm this is good to know. I wonder if the hair salon there uses the salt water to wash hair as well? I'm not liking this salt water thing at all. I've already told FH he might be rinsing my hair out with bottled water. He wasn't impressed...LOL

          So did anyone else have an issue with Valeria's computer crashing and her losing all their information? Luckily I kept all emails but we are basically at square one again with her asking me what location we want to get married at and what time to book the restaurant etc. All things we've already booked so I'm pretty frustrated and I hope there are no issues with booking/times.
          Two lives, two hearts joined together in friendship united forever in love

          #1235 rpingree001

          rpingree001
          • Jr. Member
          • 264 posts

            Posted 09 June 2010 - 01:04 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by punkie569
            Hmmm this is good to know. I wonder if the hair salon there uses the salt water to wash hair as well? I'm not liking this salt water thing at all. I've already told FH he might be rinsing my hair out with bottled water. He wasn't impressed...LOL

            My friend who was just there did use the spa one day and said the water there felt better than the room shower water. So if your planning to get ready at the spa on your wedding day, you should be good.

            #1236 A la Playa

            A la Playa
            • Newbie
            • 45 posts

              Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:11 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by punkie569
              So did anyone else have an issue with Valeria's computer crashing and her losing all their information? Luckily I kept all emails but we are basically at square one again with her asking me what location we want to get married at and what time to book the restaurant etc. All things we've already booked so I'm pretty frustrated and I hope there are no issues with booking/times.
              Uhhh, what? No, I hadn't heard about that......... I'm assuming that she would already have things printed off for weddings that are less than a month away, right? Ours is in two weeks, and if I need to update her on things, I would hope that she would let me know. I'm at the point where I can't take anything else that's unexpected....too little time!

              I really hope that she didn't lose everyone's info. How frustrating for everyone... Keep us updated on what you find out from her!

              #1237 cross

              cross
              • Jr. Member
              • 198 posts

                Posted 10 June 2010 - 04:20 PM

                Ok so I know this is changing the subject... I am thinking about doing real touch flowers. Does anyone know if they charge a fee for bringing your own flowers? (I am hoping not!)

                #1238 punkie569

                punkie569
                • Jr. Member
                • 255 posts

                  Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:33 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by A la Playa
                  Uhhh, what? No, I hadn't heard about that......... I'm assuming that she would already have things printed off for weddings that are less than a month away, right? Ours is in two weeks, and if I need to update her on things, I would hope that she would let me know. I'm at the point where I can't take anything else that's unexpected....too little time!

                  I really hope that she didn't lose everyone's info. How frustrating for everyone... Keep us updated on what you find out from her!
                  I would think if she hasn't said anything to you yet then you should be ok. This was the first time I've emailed her in about a month so maybe this went back a few weeks? All I know is she has zero information regarding my wedding now. So far I've sent her 3-4 emails to catch her up and she still isn't on the same page as me. Other than the photography packages changing we haven't had any issues rebooking what we wanted though.

                  I can't believe how soon you get married. How exciting! Are you close to being ready?
                  Two lives, two hearts joined together in friendship united forever in love

                  #1239 punkie569

                  punkie569
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 255 posts

                    Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:36 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by cross
                    Ok so I know this is changing the subject... I am thinking about doing real touch flowers. Does anyone know if they charge a fee for bringing your own flowers? (I am hoping not!)
                    I hope not either cuz I already have my bouquet. They aren't real touch flowers though. I guess if I had to I could get a bouquet there but I really wanted something to bring home. Maybe if we don't tell them they won't say anything?
                    Two lives, two hearts joined together in friendship united forever in love

                    #1240 jennib31

                    jennib31
                    • Newbie
                    • 48 posts

                      Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:31 PM

                      Hello ladies! I am back from my wedding on June 5th! We had a honeymoon in Cozumel so now I am ready (as a wedding planner and my husband a Chef) to update everyone on my full review! I only have some photos on my facebook - Jennifer Buranich Anklam - if you want to friend me to see. But any questions please message me or ask! I will check the forum more as I made mental notes the whole trip for our offical review!!!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users