Gran Caribe Real 2011 Brides

I booked in May 2010, so does that mean I will have to pay that damn vendor fee!!??ugh!!! I'm going to call them!!!

On another note, has anyone or is anyone going to book their videographer? I have an outside photographer but not the videographer so I'm wondering how their services are and if I should book them?!?

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, I had my wedding at the GCR 7/22/11this is just a tid bit for you wonderful ladies to get yet another idea of a GCR wedding-Royal Catholic wedding and the reception on the green carpet terrace and the cocktail hour, I had the rehearsal dinner as well. Had DJ doremix w/ the light up dance floor-fire dancers during dinner and tents over the tables which BTW looked great. For the flowers I used Marvin from maya floral and for photography- photos in cancun, and for make-up & hair the Royal which was included in the package.

The rehearsal dinner was AMAZING they catered to you hand and foot and the food couldn't be any better. Everyone raved about the food.

We chose the green terrace b/c we could do both the cocktail hour & reception there (52 people were at our wedding)-we used the tents which I was a little iffy about-but they really tied everything together nicely-plus having some shade was nice. The ceremony was at 4pm cocktail @ 5pm and reception @ 6. Food again was good...ohh I had the tres leches cake-delicious. Since it was hot & the problem with tres leches is that it melts I asked them to keep it in the kitchen till it was time to cut the cake. I actually chose a couture cake 4 layers- and the included cake in the package for the rehearsal dinner. Only thing bout the cake was I wanted it very simple all white box layers and black strip at the bottom of each layer and flowers at the top just b/c I didn't get around to getting a cake topper- I know I know how do u forget a cake topper...I was allover the place in the months leading to the wedding and it totally slipped my mind. But they put these fake flowers-that looked cheesy not only on the top but on the side as well. These are one of the things you just say oh well and move on.

Can't say anything that hasn't already been said about the DJs they use-great!!! They're worth every penny.

The fire dancers were great too-only thing was we had them during the beginning so it wasn't all that dark yet-One of the guys used some type of glow stick so it looked a lil funny haha-so of course his "part" would've been a lot better in the dark LOL

The wedding day coordinator-Diana, beautiful, sweet and just don't have enough nice words for her. Andrea was the one I dealt with the whole year and she deserves just as much praise. She got back to me ASAP all the time. She stayed on top of everything.I was actually assigned to Flora at first but b/c of her reviews I didn't want to risk it so Andrea w/o a problem switched it.

The cocktail hour was beyond amazing-there was a ton of choices for everyone-I didn't know that you don't choose the foods at the cocktail hour out of their "hot and cold canapes" they have it all!

I had great communication with Marvin up until he dropped off the flowers-which my mom met with b/c I was doing hair & make-up. I asked over and over if he could get me white peonies and to make their bouquets full, I wouldn't have minded paying extra-his  response- that's not a problem we get ours from Holland. And he knew that my colors were pastel pink and white. He told my mom THE DAY OF THE WEDDING AT DROP OFF TIME he couldn't get me white peonies so he had something else AND had purple peonies in my 2 of my bridesmaid bouquets..seriously...purple!!! That's not what I wanted...so needless to say I was pissed but had to move on. I did use the bouquet from the package for my maid of honor, and it was beautiful and full. I got my bouquet, 4 bridesmaid bouquets and rose petals for the chapel from him. He did lower the price b/c he couldn't get the peonies but in my opinion you just don't choose what he wants and not let me know about it.

The make-up HORRIBLE-it was like caked on-she tried her best at fixing it but I was already late and was like whatever. My saving grace was my photographer's partner who is also his girlfriend, I knew she did make up but didn't want to pay more thinking "it's already in the package" She whipped out her mac brushes pouch, took out all her make up from sephora and some eyelashes and did a 360 on me...wish I would have payed for her in the beginning AND she touched me up when I needed it...couldn't have been anymore convenient-they didn't even charge me.The photographer was GREAT, the prices were unbelievable and he gave me ALL the pictures at the end of the night bout 3000 photos I just have to go through them and pick the ones I want edited.I've looked at them briefly and love his style. My nephew is actually getting married next year in NY and wants him as their photographer as well.

If anyone has ANY questions please let me know I'll be happy to respond...I unfortunately don't know how to post pics here :( But I'll try

Thanks for the review! I have to ask about what your menu choices were and food choices for the cocktail hour?? That's my biggeest concern right now because I am so unsure of what to pick!! Did you have an actual rehearsal or just the dinner? Did you do the dinner at the resort at one of the resturaunts, or a private location? I am using Photos in Cancun as well for my wedding, so I am so happy that you loved them! I would love to see pics if you're able to put them up!!

Thanks!! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kylashep2 View Post

Hey guys, I had my wedding at the GCR 7/22/11this is just a tid bit for you wonderful ladies to get yet another idea of a GCR wedding-Royal Catholic wedding and the reception on the green carpet terrace and the cocktail hour, I had the rehearsal dinner as well. Had DJ doremix w/ the light up dance floor-fire dancers during dinner and tents over the tables which BTW looked great. For the flowers I used Marvin from maya floral and for photography- photos in cancun, and for make-up & hair the Royal which was included in the package.

The rehearsal dinner was AMAZING they catered to you hand and foot and the food couldn't be any better. Everyone raved about the food.

We chose the green terrace b/c we could do both the cocktail hour & reception there (52 people were at our wedding)-we used the tents which I was a little iffy about-but they really tied everything together nicely-plus having some shade was nice. The ceremony was at 4pm cocktail @ 5pm and reception @ 6. Food again was good...ohh I had the tres leches cake-delicious. Since it was hot & the problem with tres leches is that it melts I asked them to keep it in the kitchen till it was time to cut the cake. I actually chose a couture cake 4 layers- and the included cake in the package for the rehearsal dinner. Only thing bout the cake was I wanted it very simple all white box layers and black strip at the bottom of each layer and flowers at the top just b/c I didn't get around to getting a cake topper- I know I know how do u forget a cake topper...I was allover the place in the months leading to the wedding and it totally slipped my mind. But they put these fake flowers-that looked cheesy not only on the top but on the side as well. These are one of the things you just say oh well and move on.

Can't say anything that hasn't already been said about the DJs they use-great!!! They're worth every penny.

The fire dancers were great too-only thing was we had them during the beginning so it wasn't all that dark yet-One of the guys used some type of glow stick so it looked a lil funny haha-so of course his "part" would've been a lot better in the dark LOL

The wedding day coordinator-Diana, beautiful, sweet and just don't have enough nice words for her. Andrea was the one I dealt with the whole year and she deserves just as much praise. She got back to me ASAP all the time. She stayed on top of everything.I was actually assigned to Flora at first but b/c of her reviews I didn't want to risk it so Andrea w/o a problem switched it.

The cocktail hour was beyond amazing-there was a ton of choices for everyone-I didn't know that you don't choose the foods at the cocktail hour out of their "hot and cold canapes" they have it all!

I had great communication with Marvin up until he dropped off the flowers-which my mom met with b/c I was doing hair & make-up. I asked over and over if he could get me white peonies and to make their bouquets full, I wouldn't have minded paying extra-his  response- that's not a problem we get ours from Holland. And he knew that my colors were pastel pink and white. He told my mom THE DAY OF THE WEDDING AT DROP OFF TIME he couldn't get me white peonies so he had something else AND had purple peonies in my 2 of my bridesmaid bouquets..seriously...purple!!! That's not what I wanted...so needless to say I was pissed but had to move on. I did use the bouquet from the package for my maid of honor, and it was beautiful and full. I got my bouquet, 4 bridesmaid bouquets and rose petals for the chapel from him. He did lower the price b/c he couldn't get the peonies but in my opinion you just don't choose what he wants and not let me know about it.

The make-up HORRIBLE-it was like caked on-she tried her best at fixing it but I was already late and was like whatever. My saving grace was my photographer's partner who is also his girlfriend, I knew she did make up but didn't want to pay more thinking "it's already in the package" She whipped out her mac brushes pouch, took out all her make up from sephora and some eyelashes and did a 360 on me...wish I would have payed for her in the beginning AND she touched me up when I needed it...couldn't have been anymore convenient-they didn't even charge me.The photographer was GREAT, the prices were unbelievable and he gave me ALL the pictures at the end of the night bout 3000 photos I just have to go through them and pick the ones I want edited.I've looked at them briefly and love his style. My nephew is actually getting married next year in NY and wants him as their photographer as well.

If anyone has ANY questions please let me know I'll be happy to respond...I unfortunately don't know how to post pics here :( But I'll try

Ugh Vanessa! I wish we would have known sooner that we were getting married on the same day at the same place! We could have split costs! I hired an outside photographer as well! And it would have worked out perfect with your wedding earlier in the day, and mine in the evening!!

Originally Posted by Vanessa C View Post

I booked in May 2010, so does that mean I will have to pay that damn vendor fee!!??ugh!!! I'm going to call them!!!

On another note, has anyone or is anyone going to book their videographer? I have an outside photographer but not the videographer so I'm wondering how their services are and if I should book them?!?

Hey girls! I have some timing questions. We are doing the Catholic Chapel at 4pm 5pm toast and photos 5:45 head to beach reception 6 dinner 7-10 dance Andrea is my WC I'm in contact with currently She insists that I upgrade the toast to cocktail hour ($10pp does not seem worth it to me) I insist I don't... ok then my concern is the dinner and DJ is 3 hours. If dinner and drinks go from 6-9 and DJ goes from 7-10 -At 7 are we going to be finished with dinner and ready for the DJ? -what should i do for drinks from 9-10? Any ideas or past experience advise is greatly appreciated! Thanks ladies!

GCR past brides,

Can anyone give me an idea of how a symbolic/religious ceremony goes? My fiance's brother in law is actually ordained and will be performing the ceremony but were you able to customize your ceremony based on your preferences (readings, vows, etc)? I've been going over what the GCR sent me for the religious ceremony and I definitely would want something a little more personal/ intimate. 

Thank you for the review!  Our wedding is Nov 18, 2011 and we are doing the Royal Catholic package with cocktail reception in atrium & reception on terrace with green carpet.  Since you can't post pics, are you able to PM me some pics?  

How would you rate the resort overall for guests and yourself?  I'm also interested in the dinner options that you chose!  

If you also don't mind me asking....what was your cost to GCR?  I'm so nervous about additional fees that they will tack on!  We are hiring Octavio as our photographer and want to avoid any vendor fees but have already budgeted for that. 

Thanks again!

Thanks for the review and information!  It's very helpful.  Can you provide some more information about the tents that you used?  Who provided them?  Did the GCR provide them?  How much extra were they?  If you could PM me any of your pictures, I'd be happy to post them.  Thanks so much!

Originally Posted by kylashep2 View Post

Hey Shay!

I had my ceremony at the chapel at 4.

5:30 cocktail hour on the beach right next to the reception site- There was lounge music playing during this time, and my DJ was already there- Even though i had only gotten him for 3 hours he was there during the cocktail hour setting up and was there til 10pm....So i am not exactly sure if he was the one playing the music or if the resort was..BUT when i met with my WC she asked what type of music i wanted during cocktail hour, SO someone is providng the music lol

6:30 Reception started....we had dinner, and everyone immediately started dancing....it was suppose to be only til 9:30 but it didnt end til right about 10!! it was awesome! 

We all did a toast right after the ceremony at hte chapel before heading to the cocktail hour.... we took pics during the cocktail hour...

It's up to you if you want to have a cocktail hour...I thought it was nice because it "extended" my reception...you know what i mean? Everyone was drinking, chatting, etc it def made the celebration feel longer! 

Originally Posted by Shay12 View Post

Hey girls! I have some timing questions. We are doing
the Catholic Chapel at 4pm
5pm toast and photos
5:45 head to beach reception
6 dinner
7-10 dance

Andrea is my WC I'm in contact with currently
She insists that I upgrade the toast to cocktail hour ($10pp does not seem worth it to me)
I insist I don't...
ok then my concern is the dinner and DJ is 3 hours.
If dinner and drinks go from 6-9 and DJ goes from 7-10
-At 7 are we going to be finished with dinner and ready for the DJ?
-what should i do for drinks from 9-10?

Any ideas or past experience advise is greatly appreciated!
Thanks ladies!

We're getting married at the gran caribe April 6th 2012, any other 2012 Gran Caribe brides?

We have decided on the Romance Package, we have a friend doing our photos so we are hoping we will not have to pay the Vendor fee, as she is not making any money off of us :)

Would love any tips/suggestions!