Sign in to follow this  
karielk

Gran Caribe Real 2011 Brides

I wondered if there are any other 2011 Gran Caribe Real gals out there!

I know there is a Royal PDC thread that sometimes mentions the other Royal and Real Resorts, but Gran Caribe Real tends to get lost in the shuffle.

I thought it would be nice for those of us planning weddings here for next year had a place just for us!

I'd love to hear where you are holding your ceremony and reception, who you are dealing with from the resort, etc.

Also, does anyone know if they ever allow a private reception at the Albatros restaurant?

Hi we are planning to get married in June 2012.......any info that you have to pass on to us future brides would be greatly appreciated.

what package are you going for?

Charmaine xx

Hi! We're planning to get married at GCR in April 2011...

We're gonna do a catholic ceremony at the chappel first, then a mayan ceremony and a private reception at the beach. Anyone else thinking about doing the mayan ceremonyhuh.gif

We're planning on going with the Eternal Romance package and upgrading several features (like musician for the ceremony).

My fiance did the math and figured that we can get all the elements we wanted from the Luxury package for less by taking the lower package and upgrading just the parts we care about.

Kiwicorreo, the Catholic chapel is gorgeous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwicorreo View Post
Hi! We're planning to get married at GCR in April 2011...

We're gonna do a catholic ceremony at the chappel first, then a mayan ceremony and a private reception at the beach. Anyone else thinking about doing the mayan ceremonyhuh.gif
We are definately considering it.......not at this property but we both would really like to have something "different". This is both of ours 2nd marriage so we decided let's try something a little out of the ordinary.

We are getting married at the Gran Caribe gazebo on June 18, 2011, but are staying at the Royal. Our reception will be on the villa terrace at the Gran Caribe also. We are still in the process of confirming all our dates but are getting really close to signing the contract. We are working with a girl named Julie and she has been very helpful so far. We have been to the Royal twice in the past two years and absolutely love it there! It is our favorite resort!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kford0515 View Post
We are getting married at the Gran Caribe gazebo on June 18, 2011, but are staying at the Royal. Our reception will be on the villa terrace at the Gran Caribe also. We are still in the process of confirming all our dates but are getting really close to signing the contract. We are working with a girl named Julie and she has been very helpful so far. We have been to the Royal twice in the past two years and absolutely love it there! It is our favorite resort!
Kristen, have you visited Gran Caribe during your trips? We are considering the villa terrace too, but we're a little concerned about wind. Any thoughts on that?

We're working with Aja. She seems very organized and responsive.

Karielk - On our last trip to The Royal (March '10) we went over to the Gran Caribe on a site visit tour. We love the Villa Terrace and it was the deciding factor on our wedding date because it was the only Saturday in June 2011 that the villa terrace was available for an evening reception. The day we were there it was extremely windy. We are very concerned about the wind at our reception, but I think it would be windy anywhere on any given day. We are just crossing our fingers for a sunny, non windy day :)

Yeah, the villa terrace looks like such a gorgeous spot! We just can't seem to decide where we want the reception. We're not going to be able to do a site visit. =(

Did you (or anyone else!!!) by any chance see the "Real Club" room? Aja says it's a potential spot, but the only pictures she has come from one of the other resorts. She said it's in the Sunset Grill?