Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rosieposie

Bringing Real Rings With You?

Recommended Posts

my view is that you just have to get married with the real rings - I was thinking of keeping in the safe during the day and wearing at night, ours are insured also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am more scared about it falling into the Ocean while snorkling then it getting taken.

 

I have gotten my ring sized 3 times and it is still loose. I am going to get in sized for a fourth time soon. It seems to be making my ring finger skinner around the ring part....boogled...Has this happened to anyone else?

 

Anyways....I am really heisitent about swimming with it. I cant even wear it in the shower =(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I plan to wear mine and use the real thing. My e ring is insured and will add the band when I get it. I hope to order it soon. Even though its sized, I'm not excited about wearing it in the ocean, I'll probably leave it in the safe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by skadow View Post
I have gotten my ring sized 3 times and it is still loose. I am going to get in sized for a fourth time soon. It seems to be making my ring finger skinner around the ring part....boogled...Has this happened to anyone else?
If had my ring resized 3 times as well.. I even had those additional kinda squares added to it because it couldn't be resized anymore and ive just given up on it. It twirls around and never stays in place but w/e.

As far as ring advice goes. Take your real rings :) just keep it safe with you at all times and make sure its insured if its worth alot..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you should take your real rings. You shouldn't worry too much as long as they fit right. I wore my e-ring (and wedding band after the wedding) the whole time I was in Mexico and they never came off. I went swimming, snorkeling, rappelling, ziplining, and swimming with the dolphins and they didn't budge.

 

Also if your room has a safe you can leave them in there or have some less-active family members hold on to your ring while you are in the ocean

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think I am bringing my real e-ring. Looks like I'm the only one though! I just bought a fake one at Claire's that looks similar to mine to wear for the week of the wedding. I don't want to be worried about it all week long and I never wear it in the water because it is a bit loose. I know I would just die if I lost it since it's irreplaceable! And I don't trust the room safes.

We are having a symbolic ceremony and we've made up a wedding contract so that we have something to sign because we won't have a legal marriage certificate. It is just a cute little promise we wrote to each other. I figure if our "marriage license" is a fake, then heck, why not our rings!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by skadow View Post
I am more scared about it falling into the Ocean while snorkling then it getting taken.

I have gotten my ring sized 3 times and it is still loose. I am going to get in sized for a fourth time soon. It seems to be making my ring finger skinner around the ring part....boogled...Has this happened to anyone else?

Anyways....I am really heisitent about swimming with it. I cant even wear it in the shower =(

I'm finding that, too! sad.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianLindsey View Post
I don't think I am bringing my real e-ring. Looks like I'm the only one though! I just bought a fake one at Claire's that looks similar to mine to wear for the week of the wedding. I don't want to be worried about it all week long and I never wear it in the water because it is a bit loose. I know I would just die if I lost it since it's irreplaceable! And I don't trust the room safes.
We are having a symbolic ceremony and we've made up a wedding contract so that we have something to sign because we won't have a legal marriage certificate. It is just a cute little promise we wrote to each other. I figure if our "marriage license" is a fake, then heck, why not our rings!
I don't want to be worried about it all week, but want it in photos at the same time - SO if I find one that looks similar in costume jewellery, I'm not going to rule out purchasing it.

Regarless, we're going to make sure we have adequet insurance on things.

We're also having a symbolic ceremony, so do see what you mean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, take your rings just make sure they're insured or keep them on.

 

Just one note though...my first time snorkeling was on our honeymoon and my 'honey' told me that I shouldn't have worn my wedding rings since they attract barracuda. He grew up in FL and was a diver so I freaked when he told me that, and the fact that he waited until we were getting on the boat to tell me!! I figured he had a hefty insurance policy on me already...lol

 

I kept them on but stayed close to our guide in case there were any incidents. So you might want to leave them in the safe if you go diving or snorkeling, just to be safe.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be taking my real rings and won't ever take my engagement ring off. But where is everyone keeping their wedding bands until the ceremony?? We'll be there 5 days before the wedding, and the in-room safes do make me nervous, as I have heard far too many stories about people getting stuff stolen out of their safes while traveling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
    • Hello Everyone, Share your favorite wedding venues. And also give me a Solution. I choose Wedding Venues in mobile al the Anne-marie cottage.
  • Topics

×