Aww Joanne!! Please don't feel stressed and anxious!! Ok....now that I said it do you feel any better? LMAO!! Totally kidding.
I think Courtney Leigh was extremely helpful in responding to each and every point you made so I don't want to repeat anything. Just try to take a step back, take a few deep breaths and try to clear your mind for a few minutes. I think many people don't realize that a few simple relaxation/meditation techniques can really make you feel better...even if its just temporarily.
As was said before, there are many things out of your control so letting those bother you now and get you upset or anxious is not a good idea. I know its easier said than done but just try to brush those things off and focus on the things that are in your control. Like packing, organizing, checking off things on your list and of course dreaming about the warm white sandy beaches that await you!!
Suggestion: Maybe a massage, pedicure, facial, yoga or anything else relaxing is needed at this point. I know you are crazy busy but maybe take a few hours for yourself one of these days and let it all go for a moment.
Hope you got some sleep and you feel better today!!
Originally Posted by JoanneIreland
Just got home not so long ago from picking up my wedding dress, and I expected to feel all this excitement butI honestly don't. Did anyone else feel the same??
Instead I am feeling so stressed and anxious. I am putting this down to some of the following :
- Legal wedding is 8 days away and we still don't have my wedding band
- We leave for Mexcio in 10 days and still have a million things to do
- Hurricanes and rain in Mexico .... say no more on that
- My best friend telling me this past Monday that she is now not going (haven't heard from her anymore by the way)
- My fiance's two sister's are not speaking to each other
- Every single time I look at the "show us your dress" page I question my dress and envy everyone elses
- All my family are in Ireland and I got dress in US so have had no one here to advise and guide me through the fittings
- I'm an older bride and have this fear of being "mutton dressed as lamb", make sense?
- My fiance has MS and stress is something that absolutely triggers attacks so am trying to deal with everything by myself without burdening him
- Weight .... harder to control the older I get
- Family flying in from Ireland in a couple of days and house is like a pig sty with all the wedding stuff every where
- My sister who is my only bridesmaid/MOH recently found out her husband was having an affair so he has been uninvited (which she wanted), but I am so worried about how hard this event must be on her, you know her marriage ending and mine starting.
- EXHAUSTION! Am so tired, and because of the snow here and the rush hour traffic it took me 2+ hours in EACH direction to pick up my dress
I love this forum because it's always so happy and upbeat, so I am very sorry for posting this, but I honestly think I am having a freak out.