Photo

November 2011 Brides (or Grooms)

• Please log in to reply
802 replies to this topic

#1 karielk

karielk
  • 177 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 10:20 AM

Okay, I searched around and didn't see one of these...apologies if I missed one. I thought it would be great to have a thread for those planning on getting married in Nov. 2011.

So post your dates and locations and anything else! I'm sure there will be more November 2011 people in a few months, but there must be a few of us on here now!

#2 karielk

karielk
    • 177 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 10:25 AM

We will get married on November 11, 2011, but we're still in the process of choosing a resort. We're probably inviting around 80-90 people with no idea of how many are coming. After lots of planning complications, we decided to fly in our own rabbi and priest, so we can have a joint ceremony.

Unlike most folks, we'd rather do an indoor (or at least covered, off the beach) ceremony and reception. We figure we'll get plenty of gorgeous beach time during the rest of our stay in Mexico. =)

I mentioned this on in the newbie area, but the resorts we're considering are:

Gran Caribe Real
      Sandos Playacar/Caracol Eco Resort/Riviera Beach
      Barcelo Maya Beach/Costa Cancun/Tucancun Beach
      Dreams Cancun/Riviera Cancun/Tulum/Puerto Aventuras

If anyone has thoughts on these, let me know!

#3 CaitlinBlane2011

CaitlinBlane2011
      • 7 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:31 PM

We are also getting married on 11-11-11. We are contemplating bringing our own Rabbi. We are doing a covered beach ceremony at the IB Tucan

#4 karielk

karielk
        • 177 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:17 AM

Caitlin, we're date twins! =) It's so exciting that you have a resort booked already! How did you decide on it?

#5 jenniketchup

jenniketchup
          • 13 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:28 PM

Hi guys! We are 11/05/11! We still have not picked our resort and I am having trouble with all the options. Any suggestions!!

#6 rsidman

rsidman
            • 7 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 12:48 PM

LOL, do you think there are actually any grooms on here?

#7 jenniketchup

jenniketchup
              • 13 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 06:39 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by rsidman
                LOL, do you think there are actually any grooms on here?
                I doubt it. Mine will pipe in if I ask his opinion but otherwise stays out of it right now. Lol!

#8 CaitlinBlane2011

CaitlinBlane2011
                • 7 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:20 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by karielk
                  Caitlin, we're date twins! =) It's so exciting that you have a resort booked already! How did you decide on it?
                  We are date twins!

We decided on Iberostar because it was (a) all-inclusive (B) inexpensive and © My cousin was married there a couple years ago and everyone loved it. I have a lot of family between the US, England and Ireland, so I have people flying in from all over. It was important it was inexpensive and all-inclusive for this reason, because there are people traveling far for the wedding and we wanted to make it as affordable as possible. There are also a lot of children in my family, and it was important that they can come as well, and the Iberostar is family friendly, without being overun by children.

What resorts are you looking at?

#9 karielk

karielk
                  • 177 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:56 AM

Caitlin, I keep hearing great things about Iberostar. I'm sure you'll have a great time there!

We are very undecided about resorts right now. We really like Barcelo Maya Beach, Sandos Playacar, and Gran Caribe Real, but it's just all so much info to sort through! I can't wait til we get something booked...well, one of these days.

I'm hoping that after booking, we can take a bit of a wedding planning breather (except I won't stop looking at wedding dresses until the wedding day itself, probably)...

#10 jenniketchup

jenniketchup
                    • 13 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:33 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by karielk
                      Caitlin, I keep hearing great things about Iberostar. I'm sure you'll have a great time there!

We are very undecided about resorts right now. We really like Barcelo Maya Beach, Sandos Playacar, and Gran Caribe Real, but it's just all so much info to sort through! I can't wait til we get something booked...well, one of these days.

I'm hoping that after booking, we can take a bit of a wedding planning breather (except I won't stop looking at wedding dresses until the wedding day itself, probably)...
                      We are super undecided about wedding resorts too! I feel like all I do is spend hours trying to sort out the details!!! We are also considering Sandos Playcar, but I love the Grand Palladium and Gran Bahia. So we will see.

And I keep trying to not look at wedding dresses but my internetkeeps wandering so those sites. I completely understand!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users