Jump to content


Hello all

  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 sheenalee63

  • Newbie
  • 1 posts

    Posted 07 April 2010 - 02:41 PM

    I'm new at this, but Hello! My name is Sheena, I'm getting marrier at Riu Ocho Rios May 4th 2010! I'm having ALOT of trouble understanding what the resort means by a "certified or notorized copy of driver's license or passport" can anyone help??

    #2 DWbridetobe

    • Member
    • 914 posts

      Posted 07 April 2010 - 02:44 PM

      I'm not sure about the notarization thing, but welcome to the forum!

      #3 Nicyx

      • Sr. Member
      • 2,914 posts

        Posted 07 April 2010 - 03:58 PM

        Hello, Congratulations and welcome, EVERYONE here are so helpful and friendly, Im sure any questions you have or advice you need will be fully answered before you know it!!!!

        certified or notorized copy of driver's license or passport, i think this means to take it to a solicitor/lawyer or maybe the foreign office to get them to certify that you are who you say you are!! I think they stamp the back to say they have verified its you...

        Happy Planning x

        #4 CND_Redhead

        • Jr. Member
        • 184 posts

          Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:19 PM

          not 100% sure what that means either, but just wanted to welcome you to the forum.
          I'm sure someone will be able to help answer your question(s).

          Bride & Groom + 38 BOOKED!!!

          #5 DAP8479

          • Site Supporter
          • 61 posts

            Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:23 PM

            I agree with Nicyx, they probably want you to take your license to the notary and the stamp will confirm that you are who you say you are. You can find a notary at any lawyers, real estate or insurance office. It's usually a nominal fee like $10.
            Good luck!

            #6 Mere

            • Member
            • 729 posts

              Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:09 PM

              Welcome to the forum. I hope you can find out the answer to this question! Good Luck to you and happy planning!

              #7 Thomasjsgirl

              • Sr. Member
              • 1,098 posts

                Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:57 PM

                Welcome Sheena! As the other ladies have advised, certified and/or notarized is pretty much the same thing. You need to bring these copies with you (and leave them with the magistrates) as proof you and your FI are who you really say you are. Of course, you can't leave the originals, so that's why they ask for certified/notarized copies. If you have a lawyer, he/she can notarize them for you. Alternatively, Google "notary public" and your area and you will get plenty of hits.
                Lucy & Tom - Married 24.11.08
                Wedding Review - Dreams PC:
                Leftover Wedding Items FS:

                #8 Sheree10

                • Sr. Member
                • 1,026 posts

                  Posted 07 April 2010 - 09:22 PM

                  Welcome and Congrats!!

                  BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

                  #9 Mrs.Hockey

                  • Jr. Member
                  • 272 posts

                    Posted 07 April 2010 - 09:50 PM

                    Welcome to the forum

                    #10 GVphotographer

                    • Sr. Member
                    • 2,667 posts
                    • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
                    • Wedding Location:Puerto Los CAbos

                    Posted 07 April 2010 - 11:11 PM

                    Hi Sheena,
                    Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your wedding.
                    Happy planning!!

                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users