Photo

Need to vent!!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 **~Linda~**

**~Linda~**
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:01 PM

It is really frustrating and your going to come around tons of people who give you this BS .. Take it as a grain of salt and just let them talk try to ignore it as much as you can even though i know its not the easiest thing to do..

#12 katrinkit35

katrinkit35
    • 101 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 11:59 PM

It's amazing how people react! I wish you luck in not letting them rain on your parade!

#13 vdaybride

vdaybride
      • 1,412 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:28 AM

My parents friends had them thinking that they would never make it back to NYC without my mom being forced into prostitution! People will fill their heads with all types of nonsense. Just let it go in one ear and out the other.. it is not the first and surely won't be the last thing about the process that will piss you off...just wait for the absent reply cards..talking about wanting to slap somebody.... lol Just keep a good sense of humor and take comfort in the fact that hundreds of brides have gone through the exact same things you are going through right now. Good luck with the rest of your process.
        Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

#14 midnight24

midnight24
        • 754 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 03:51 AM

i have to say it does kind of make me laugh now when people say negative things to me. one guy i work with sends me emails of all the drug wars in mexico to remind me how unsafe it is. like i'm going to cancel my wedding cuz of his emails. haha.

it is annoying...that's for sure. people always report on the negative...and rarely report on the positive.

i just stick to that old saying my mom drilled in my head...'if i don't have anything nice to say then i don't say it all'...i've mastered the smile & nod quite nicely.

enjoy your wedding and focus on the positive.

#15 Shuzzy

Shuzzy
          • 29 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 04:01 PM

I got this from some family members too! I haven't sent out invitations yet, hope they don't wonder why they didn't get one. I try to ignore it but it's hard I understand.

#16 svetayasofiya

svetayasofiya
            • 590 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 05:00 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by LadyTrunck
              OMG what happened was it before your wedding??
              It happened years ago. But still, my whole family remembered the story when I booked the resort.

*On a side note... just read someone got murdered at Moon Palace in Cancun.

Anyways, danger is everywhere. You don't need to go to Mexico or Jamaica to get killed. Some people are just not comfortable traveling no matter where they go, so you just can't change their minds.

#17 Jennyco116

Jennyco116
              • 115 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 12:09 AM

I'm too much of a smart ass for people to say that to me. I would tell them to be rest assured that you are providing brass knuckles and a hand grenade in all of the oot bags for their comfort and security.

#18 mnh1983

mnh1983
                • 743 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 09:48 AM

You should just remind your family members of the crime that has happened in their home towns. Crime happens everywhere, and just because you are going to another country does not mean that a druglord is going to capture the wedding party! If they are afraid of coming, they are just going to miss out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users