Photo

Bridesmaid dress color??

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 jay45

jay45
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:29 PM

My fiance and I are currently planning our dream sunset Maui wedding. I am having two bridesmaids. I am having an extremely difficult time trying to chose a color for their dresses. I want something fun and fits with a sunset wedding that still stands out against the grass, beach, water and sunset. Any ideas would be appreciated!! As well if anyone has pictures of the color of the dresses they used, I would appreciate that! Thanks so much!

#2 Shoesiesluvr

Shoesiesluvr
    • 2,727 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 05:41 PM

How about a turquoise color? I think that will definitely pop in a sunset and will also complement it nicely. =)
      He's the Ying to my Yang...the Peanut Butter to my Jelly....the Oreo to my Milk...the Cheese on my Pizza...the i to my Phone...the Cream in my Coffee...the Jiggle to my Jell-O...the Star in my Sky...He's my BFF & I married him on 09.25.2010
      My Planning Thread

#3 josietoms

josietoms
      • 765 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:47 PM

I have gone with turquoise to go with the whole beach theme. How about an orange colour if you are looking for it to go with the sunset?
        Josie x

#4 mekanabr

mekanabr
        • 537 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:51 PM

Or bright pink! :) That's what I'm doing and I can't wait to see it against the sand, water and sunset!

#5 JENISE

JENISE
          • 652 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:52 PM

I would go with a canary yellow or fuschia to play off the colors of the sunset. Good luck with whatever you choose in the end.

#6 dayna_123

dayna_123
            • 178 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 09:08 PM

I'm going with a bright purple! I think it will look great on the beach!

#7 Sax Lady

Sax Lady
              • 265 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:20 PM

my colors are red and champange so I dont know if that works with the sunset colors.

#8 jay45

jay45
                • 28 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 01:35 AM

Thanks for all your ideas!!

#9 MDLady

MDLady
                  • 433 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 12:04 PM

I gave this a lot of thought and ended up going with Apple Red (look at the rose on the banner at the bottom of the page with Get Married in LA).

My favorite color is blue but since everything around us will be blue (ocean, sky), I wanted something that would pop. I was a little concerned that blues would just fade into the background of the scenery. The girls loved the color so I am sure that it will look great.

#10 Ayita

Ayita
                    • 861 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 12:22 PM

I used a bright orange. This is perfect against any color - green (grass), blue (sea), white (sand) and is perfect in a sunset set of colors...

Click the image to open in full size.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users