Photo

Post your Chuppah pics and inspiration pics!

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#11 bsf&jpg

bsf&jpg
  • 222 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:54 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KarenM
    I really like those first 2!

This is sort of what I'm going for, but with aqua capiz shells hanging in the back
    Click the image to open in full size.

WoW! This is dreamy!!! My FI and I love this look!!!
    we looked at the website with the aqua beaded curtain, but how many would you need to buy?
    Has anyone seen it cheaper elsewhere? $70 is kinda pricey. thx!

#12 wendyjd

wendyjd
    • 968 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 06:19 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by bsf&jpg
      WoW! This is dreamy!!! My FI and I love this look!!!
      we looked at the website with the aqua beaded curtain, but how many would you need to buy?
      Has anyone seen it cheaper elsewhere? $70 is kinda pricey. thx!
      that website has "faux" capiz shells in white which I think would be nice, (and cheaper).

Beaded Curtains, Faux Capiz Shells

#13 NJ Hunnie

NJ Hunnie
      • 436 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 07:06 PM

If any ladies want to split an order and I will ship them after my wedding it would be great... let me know.

Thanks!

#14 KarenM

KarenM
        • 1,920 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:06 PM

bsf, we ended up buying 2. We're gonna keep 1 and give the other to FI's brother, but yeah, they are pricey. Maybe you should contact the wedding coordinator at your site & ask how wide the chuppah is & whether they'd be willing to attach something like this to the back of it.

Not sure if anyone is using yellow/orange in their wedding colors, but I found this one for $27
          Capiz Shell Beach Room Divider Wall Curtain Panel - Home Interior Syle Decor and Gifts

here's another option for $38
          Beaded Curtains Crystal Diamante and Faux Capiz - eBay (item 290405251443 end time Mar-22-10 14:19:01 PDT)

If anyone's interesting in making their own, you can buy the shells & then use fishing line to string them together. This seller on ebay has a bunch of capiz shells for sale; these ones have the holes pre-drilled:

50 Capiz Shells Round 3" Seashells Shellcraft Two Holes - eBay (item 330390874560 end time Mar-29-10 19:16:11 PDT)

#15 bsf&jpg

bsf&jpg
          • 222 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 12:41 PM

Thank you Wendy! They are cheaper.

***If I wanted to mix the colors, could I remove some strands to mix the colors?
            so that its like aqua, white, aqua, white, etc..
            This way, I dont have to go all white or all aqua. If not, I am not sure which color to choose! lol

thx again guys!
            xo

#16 hoyt75

hoyt75
            • 371 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 02:59 PM

Good thread! For some reason I can't make an attachment

#17 ddk5576

ddk5576
              • 209 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 04:15 PM

I love the shells look too! But think I spent too much on the OOT bags fo this to happen. Oh well, it does look beautiful though! Good luck ladies!! :)

#18 becks1581

becks1581
                • 477 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 05:16 PM

LOVE the idea of using capiz shells! We thought about using orchid garland to hang on the back of the chuppah and got a quote from a real touch florist...and the quote was over $500 for 15 strands!!! I could never justify that and I think the capiz might even be prettier!
                  I wonder if you could remove the strands from the wooden bar and have the resort hang them individually. It might be easier to transport that way but I'm not sure if it's practical.

#19 tinalv

tinalv
                  • 52 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 05:43 PM

Click the image to open in full size.

I'd love to have something with color - this one might be a bit bright for me, but I love the idea

#20 JaimeandBrandon

JaimeandBrandon
                    • 370 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 06:12 PM

tinalv- LOVE that! I think it would be a bit bright for me too... but it is beautiful!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users