Jellyfish Restaurant

• Please log in to reply
3033 replies to this topic

#311 megsosborn

megsosborn
  • 70 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:35 AM

Sunshine77,

You do know that you don't have to send a deposit.  Mayte will hold your day for you and you can take care of all your payments with her once you get down there.  We paid her on the day of our wedding!

Megs

#312 venus909

venus909
    • 328 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:06 AM

Meg... you didn't send her any money in advance?  I know when I asked about the deposit, Mayte told me that she saved the day and I could send her whatever I wanted whenever I wanted... it really did sound like she didn't need a deposit to reserve the date... but I just wasn't sure...  almost sounds too good to be true...I get nervous about it because I'd hate to think I have the space reserved and then I don't.... 

BUT if you say that it worked for you then I guess it is true :-)

#313 vav11238

vav11238
      • 166 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:52 AM

Good to know! Thanks Megs, I've emailed Mayte and am waiting to hear back about the dates available. 

Originally Posted by megsosborn 

Sunshine77,

You do know that you don't have to send a deposit.  Mayte will hold your day for you and you can take care of all your payments with her once you get down there.  We paid her on the day of our wedding!

Megs

#314 jlarruda

jlarruda
        • 201 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:58 PM

I sent her a deposit, just so it would calm my nerves :) but its not necessary.  This girl that is from where I'm from, is getting married in the DR a couple of days before us.. I told her about the jellyfish and she called them to see if she could get married there.. apparently Mayte already had the date reserved, she she touched base with the bride since she didn't receive a deposit, just to confirm.. needless to say the girl isn't getting married at the Jellyfish and Mayte follows up to confirm dates if ever needed.

#315 Mel2010

Mel2010
          • 219 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:18 PM

Our wedding is on Nov 27, 2011 and we haven't placed a deposit yet. I keep changing my options so I've delayed the whole deposit process, but I'm sure Mayte doesn't care. She knows we are serious and wouldn't go through all this work for nothing. And we will eventually give her a deposit, but it just goes to show you that it's not a requirement like with our photographer!

#316 megsosborn

megsosborn
            • 70 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:59 AM

Venus909,

No, I did not send her any money in advance :)  She's the real deal - you don't have to worry!! 

#317 bamcandr

bamcandr
              • 43 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:49 AM

Thank you everyone! We chose the menu option I and it was AWESOME! We met with mayte two days prior and she let us sample all the food and drinks. If you want to change anything she will work with you. It was perfect.

#318 CDNCouple09

CDNCouple09
                • 39 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:14 AM

Hey Ladies,

We have just decided to move our reception from the Majestic Colonial to the Jellyfish Restaurant. We are so excited due to all the good reviews we have read. Thanks for all your comments on this site and facebook! We will be married on December 2, 2011! Only 4 1/2 months to go! Can't wait!

Robyn 

[IMG]http://www.whenismywedding.com/signa...672f12f373.gif Wedding Ticker from WhenIsMyWedding.com[/IMG]

#319 jlarruda

jlarruda
                  • 201 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 09:49 AM

So wheres everyone with their wedding planning? just engraved our wedding bands & we have our wedding shower in 3 weeks!

#320 carrieb258

carrieb258
                    • 216 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 10:04 AM

It sounds amazing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users