He says the favor is for tourists......

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 KelZavs20

• 301 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:32 AM

I am having an awful time figuring out what to do for a favor at our Mexico wedding....There are awesome ideas on here, but everytime I mention one of them to my FH he says they are for tourists!
    We have alot of local friends and family in mexico...so its hard!
    any ideas for a non tourist favor - which i guess means, no shot glasses, no tequila, and no maraccas!!!!

#2 Island Bride

Island Bride
    • 330 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:06 AM

Maybe candles, bottle openers, wine stoppers, mini photo album...

#3 midnight24

• 754 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 04:05 AM

i like favours that are edible...

maybe something local made you can eat

#4 *Karla*

• 4,854 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:11 PM

I agree with the previous 2 posts. I basically ran into the same issue with my wedding. I would do something along the lines of a traditional wedding favor. Basically, what would you have used if you were getting married at home? I used candy wrapped in tulle circles, tied with ribbons in our wedding colors. Then I put them in favor size gift bags.

#5 wendyjd

• 968 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 12:07 AM

We were out shopping tonight and saw the murano glass kiosks in the mall. We looked online and can order cheap murano glass starfish and seahorses on ebay. Not for guys but the girls might like them.

#6 cindyshininger

• 37 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 09:32 PM

I took your suggestion and bought 12 starfish necklases for $16 and seahorses for a little over $1 on Ebay. That was a great idea. All kinds of deals on them. I also bought extra to use at the bridal shower.

#7 **~Linda~**

• 1,326 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 09:57 PM

If all those things are deemed as touristy then just go for the traditional :) Almonds in a box, picture frames with picture of the couple. Etc.

#8 KarenM

• 1,920 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 10:15 PM

We're using Talavera tiles as place cards/favors. They can be used later as a spoon rest or trivet, or as decoration on a shelf w/ a mini easel.
                  We bought like 20 different tiles and I painted the backs in a terracotta paint & will write names/table #'s in silver.
                  Tiles and Tiles...Mexican Talavera Tiles Catalog

You could also find a local bakery & do Mexican wedding cookies wrapped in little hand-painted pottery or fill little bottles with Mexican spices (chili/ancho chili powder, cumin, coriander) & tie a tag on them with the spice name.
                  Good luck!!

#9 Mallory57

• 454 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:37 AM

I would ask your fiance what is wrong with touristy? You are all tourists, after all. I just feel like a 'touristy' favor will be kept and treasured much longer than say, a box of Jordan almonds. Thats just my opinion; I'm sure whatever you decide will be wonderful!
                    35 (and counting) booked plus Bride & Groom!!

#10 Mallory57

• 454 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:38 AM

okay so somehow I completely missed the sentence where you said you have a lot of local family and friends in Mexico. lol. I still think they'd like something local, especially if it had your monogram or something on it to remind them of your wedding!
                      35 (and counting) booked plus Bride & Groom!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users