Photo

OMG I'm an idiot...

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Stacy015

Stacy015
  • 172 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:20 AM

So I just sent out my invites! I was really excited about it and was waiting to hear that my guests had received them in the mail. They had my wedding invite, reception card, and rsvp card/envelope as well as my AHR invite & rsvp card/envelope AND luggage tags for any confirmed guests...

Sooooo my aunt calls me last night (first one to contact me that she got my invite in the mail!) laughing... She says she had to call me and give me a little crap. I instantly got really nervous like I left the date or location off, or that I spelled a bunch of things wrong somehow..

She had to pay the post office to get her invite
    Oh nooooo -- it was only 17 cents, but still! I instantly got really nervous that ALL my guests had this problem! I'm an idiot! I didn't think anything of it!

Luckily, so far I haven't heard this from any other guests. I have even checked with a few cousins and my parents. The aunt that called just happens to be the only family with 4 confirmed guests. That extra luggage tag just happend to put the weight over the limit! I have talked to two families with 3 confirmed guests and they got there's fine.

I still feel stupid! But at least (so far) only one family had this problem. I'm glad it was my care-free aunt that just gave me a call to laugh.

#2 svetayasofiya

svetayasofiya
    • 590 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:25 AM

HAHA that's pretty funny. At least she still got it. They could have returned it back to you insisting you add more postage.

#3 BachataBride

BachataBride
      • Banned
      • 9,310 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:28 AM

Too funny Stacey!!! I wouldn't have even thought of that either!!

I wouldn't stress about it too much! If it's for the confirmed guests I'm sure they won't mind paying the extra 17cents to get your info! Maybe send out an email (or call) each of the confirmed guests to give them a heads up this could happen. Then playfully tell that that you'll "buy" them a drink at the resort! (only funny if you're going to an all inclusive!)

#4 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
        • 4,512 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:46 AM

LOL OMG thats hilarious. I honestly would have never thought of that! I wouldn't sweat over it though :).
          *Formerly Nikki07*
          My Planning Thread

#5 *Linds*

*Linds*
          • 5,776 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:46 AM

ahaah this is too funny! I got one of those notices from my postal carrier not too long ago too! Just a simple mistake
            Loving married life! <3

#6 mnh1983

mnh1983
            • 743 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:13 PM

Hahaha!!! I would have thought they would have just returned it to you.

#7 Eliana

Eliana
              • 676 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:20 PM

Oh that sucks.. but it is not that bad! Tell them you will pay a drink for them at the resort

#8 **~Linda~**

**~Linda~**
                • 1,326 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:31 PM

Lol if one is the only thing you left behind that was actually great! We do so many dumb things during wedding planning.. Our heads are just everywhere at the same time!

#9 Mallory57

Mallory57
                  • 454 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 01:24 PM

I wouldn't have thought about that either! I'm sure the guest didn't care too much...I think it's ridiculous that it costs more in the first place...it's not like it's more difficult for the post office to delive something that weighs 3 ounces more!
                    35 (and counting) booked plus Bride & Groom!!

#10 carolina24

carolina24
                    • 1,573 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:26 PM

oh no hon!!! at least you know the ones with 3 or less are fine. checking postage is just something that NO ONE really thinks about, esp with everything else going on with wedding planning...don't beat yourself up :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users