How much are you spending on photos?

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#11 mrs.timpone

• 312 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:36 AM

pictures are the most important part to me! my pics are included in my package

#12 ~Nicole~

• 4,512 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:40 AM

I spent just over 2K. Photography was a really important area for me and I was willing to spend a bit extra there.
      *Formerly Nikki07*
      My Planning Thread

#13 GracieBebe

• 354 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 05:57 PM

We paid $3000 for a full day of shooting, a special photo shoot, and a dvd of all the photos, and travel. We paid an additional $2200 for a magazine style photo album with 40 pages and 2 parent albums.
        - Grace
        Location - Chateau de Challain, Challain la Potherie, France
        Engagement Date - Sept. 6, 2008
        Wedding Date - Sept. 9, 2009
        Our Pro wedding photo website:http://fanelliweddin....l&startIndex=0Our wedding planning website:http://www.mywedding...graceandmichael

#14 ChicagoPT

• 307 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 06:00 PM

We are spending $3500 for day of wedding pics and day after ones too in town. No photobook but we get the rights to them.

#15 skadow

• Banned
          • 1,853 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by shae
            i'm spending $2800 and i orginally wasn't going to spend that much on a photographer. but it's really the only thing i'm splurging on and will be worth it since the pics will last a lifetime!
            Your going with Del Sol too , arnt you? Thats how much mine is coming out to me as well. I booked Vincent. I can't wait to see your pics. I still have another year to wait.

I am getting 4 hours of time for $2800. That includes 150plus photos of retouching I believe..Are you going with the TTD too? I kinda wanted to much I dont wanna push it with the future hubby. I am just glad he is willing to go with them at all. Maybe once we get down there he will want too.

#16 *Meagan*

• 5,521 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 07:28 PM

We paid $3950 for tropical imaging!

That is 3 days of shooting... wedding day, TTD, and boudoir
              It also includes 2 flush mount albums and all of our high res negatives.

#17 Sax Lady

Sax Lady
              • 265 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 07:48 PM

I'm getting married at a breezes resort and they do not let outside photographers in so I will have to go with the resort photographer. I am a little nervous because I cant find any info or pics from them. But I really thought the pics are very important so I hope we get some good ones.

#18 Girasole

• 757 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:16 PM

We are paying $1800 for our pics to be done by Tropical Images which includes the negatives & album & about 4 hours of photos with me & FI and all of our family the day before the wedding. We chose to do it this way just so we could relax after the ceremony. I know I am super excited about it & after the reviews from people here I am even more excited!
                  Chrissy & Jeremiah's Blog with Pictures...

#19 ~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 8,680 posts
                  • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
                  • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
                  • LocationUtah

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Ana
                  we paid $5600 for Juan
                  Serious?! Wow I didn't know Juan's prices were in the $5k zone now. he is amazing though!

Originally Posted by Tlseege
                  When I got married I paid $2500 to fly my photographer in for three nights, three days of coverage, and over 1000 pictures.
                  That sounds about right. Gosh i can barely remember with all the little extras how much we paid but it was somewhere around that too with flying her in.

All i can say really is you pay for what you get.

#20 vdaybride

• 1,412 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 09:39 PM

I paid 2450 for 7 hrs on the day of the wedding unlimited shooting. Then the next day she came to pick us up for some downtown San Jose shots for about 2 hrs. 300 images in an online album, edited. Rights to over 2000 images and the option to purchase an album at a discounted rate. We used Gilda Badillo for photography. We used Baja Video productions for the entire ceremony and reception video and paid $1350. In my opinion, worth every penny. I haven't seen either finished product, but from what I have seen, they all did a great job. Pics and video are the most important thing besides your honey. Memories fade, but pics and video if you are lucky will last forever.
                    Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users